You can travel the world, but you can never find a place like Orange County. One part sandy beaches, one part car-free culture, and one part unbeatable sunshine. Orange County is where the big dreams of Southern California come to life. Beyond its surfing culture, world-class theme parks, and energetic nightlife, Orange county is also home to many craft breweries and taprooms, each with its own unique personality. So relax, take a deep breath, and get ready to join us on a hoppy adventure to the top-notch local watering holes in OC.
1. Brewery X
Orange County has many cool breweries, but Brewery X is one you don’t want to miss. Brewery X has become a destination for beer lovers since its opening in 2019. It has a wide range of craft beer styles, creating a world of flavorful, inventive craft beers that will give you an enjoyable experience every time. Brewery X also produces nectarine hard seltzers that will wake up your senses.
This family-friendly brewery is larger than life. Housed in a massive structure, Brewery X has a colossal taproom where you’ll find play areas for kids, cornhole games, and a stage for live performances. It also has an outdoor patio for additional seating, and food trucks serving sumptuous food are parked.
- Crowd Favorite: Slap and Tickle, an IPA that will give you a pleasurable experience in every sip
- Highly Recommended: Dictionary Roulette, a refreshing Hazy IPA packed with 7.4%ABV.
Hours: Open Mon – Sun 11am – 12am.
2. Bottle Logic Brewing
An out-of-this-world adventure is waiting for you at Bottle Logic. Using science, innovation, and creativity, Bottle Logic produces exceptional craft beers that will challenge your curious minds and adventurous palates. Aside from a diverse draft beer list that changes frequently, Bottle Logic also brews its experimental beers in small batches, so there’s always something new for everyone each time. This industrial-themed brewery has a spacious taproom and an expansive patio where you can enjoy a relaxing day with your family or just chillin’ with your dog. Grab a grub from different food trucks on-site, or bring your favorite food to pair with Bottle Logic’s mind-blowing craft beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Double Actuator, a delicious double IPA with Mosaic hops at 8.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Recursion, a fruity floral American IPA with hop bitterness at 6.5%ABV
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am.
Address: 1072 N Armando St, Anaheim, CA 92806
3. Left Coast Brewing Co
The first is always best. Left Coast Brewing Co. is the pioneer in Orange County’s craft brewing industry and has won over 25 prestigious awards from local and national competitions since it opened in 2004. Passionate about brewing and inventing craft beers, Left Coast uses premium quality ingredients to create superior beers they would love to drink and share with others. So if you’d like a no-nonsense craft beer time, head to Left Coast, San Clemente. You may dine or unwind with your family and friends at Left Coast, Irvine and savor its delicious BBQ. This South Orange Brewery has a tasting room where you can find an extensive beer menu, spirits, and cocktails. Bring your dogs along to one of the nicest dog friendly breweries Orange County ever has.
- Crowd Favorite: Hop Juice, a drinkable Triple IPA that will get you hopping for more. 10% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Voodoo, a heart American Stout that will enchant your taste buds. 8% ABV
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am–11pm, Sun 11am–9pm.
4. The Bruery
The Bruery is all about passion and fusion. Named by combining the word “brewery” and its founder’s last name, “Rue,” The Bruery uses age-old traditions and unconventional ingredients to create craft beers with unique and distinctive flavors. Established in 2008, it has won countless awards and has become a destination for serious beer enthusiasts. If you’re looking for an outlandish craft beer adventure, The Bruery Tasting Room in Placentia, Orange County, serves 40 draft options and 50 beers for takeout. It has a patio with plenty of seating and food truck partners on-site to satisfy your hunger. But if farmhouse-style wild and sour ales are right up your alley and you want an exclusive place for your events, you may book The Bruery Terreux.
- Crowd Favorite: Mischief, an award-winning Belgian-style Golden Ale that tastes so good you’ll never know what’s coming.
- Highly Recommended: Or Xata, a milky delicious blond ale with a kick of 7.2% ABV inspired by Horchata.
- Hop-py Note: The Bruery also offers a range of limited edition beers through their membership program.
Hours: Open Mon -Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 717 Dunn Way, Placentia, CA 92870
5. Ballast Point Brewing Company
A hoppy place in the happiest place on earth, Ballast Point Brewing. Located in the heart of the Downtown Disney District in Anaheim, Ballast Point is one of the best new breweries in Orange County. It features a full menu of locally inspired cuisine and sustainable food practices(whenever possible), kid-friendly options, vegetarian and gluten-free options, and award-winning beers on tap. Watch the Disneyland fireworks as you kick back, relax and unwind in its full bar and lounge area and spacious roof deck. Ballast Point also serves daily specials and new brews waiting for you.
- Crowd Favorite: Sculpin, an award-winning IPA with a sting of 7% ABV but tastes incredibly delicious.
- High Recommended: Grapefruit Sculpin, an easy-drinking IPA that tastes like summer with a 7% ABV
Hours: Open Mon – Fri 11am-10pm, Sat – Sun 10am-10pm.
6. GameCraft Brewing
Challenge accepted! If you’re looking for new breweries in Orange County where kids get the play they need while you enjoy some “me time,” GameCraft Brewing’s got your back. GameCraft Brewing has a video games-themed brewery and tasting room that combines exceptional craft beer and fantastic fusion food with a modern game room. Launched in 2018, GameCraft focuses on traditional styles and West Coast IPAs and has been winning several medals and other awards for its brewing excellence. Its taproom has a broad selection of craft beers on tap, so there’s always something to tickle your palate. Whether you’re a foodie, a game player, or someone looking for a fantastic atmosphere for everyone, you are welcome in GameCraft.
- Crowd Favorite: Pay To Win, an award-winning American IPA that’s super clean and refreshing.
- Highly Recommended: Doom Juice, a unique-tasting Double Dry Hopped IPA with 8.6% ABV
Hours: Open Mon 4pm-8:30pm, Tue 12pm-8:30pm, Wed & Thu 12pm-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10:30pm, Sun 12pm-8:30pm.
7. Golden Road Huntington Beach Brewery and Pub
Relish a cold craft beer while enjoying the sound of waves crashing on the beach, the smell of salty ocean air, and the stunning beach view. It’s always a good vibe in Golden Road Huntington Beach. This small brewhouse has a lovely patio and a wide taproom with a bright and airy design emanating a welcoming atmosphere for families, friends, and even fur buddies. Specializing in Californian pub fare, Golden Road Huntington has diverse craft beers on tap freshly made. You may also visit Golden Road’s other locations in LA, Anaheim, Grand Central Market, and Sacramento.
- Crowd Favorite: Mango Cart, a refreshing mango-flavored Wheat Ale with a crisp finish tipping at 4% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Wolf Pup Session IPA, a drinkable session IPA perfect for sunny days. 4.5% ABV
- Hop-py Note: Try Golden Road Huntington’s sunset boat tour package.
Hours: Open Mon – Thu 12pm-9pm, Fri 12pm – 10pm, Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-9pm.
8. Chapman Crafted Beer
A hidden watering hole is waiting for you in Old Towne Orange. Chapman Crafted Brewing is a local family-owned brewery dedicated to creating superb craft beers that appeal to anyone who walks through its taproom. Utilizing the finest ingredients and brewing process, Chapman Crafted Beer serves a wide range of fresh, flavorful craft beer served on tap. There’s always a craft beer to delight you aside from its famous pilsners, stouts, IPAs, and European lagers. Play ping-pong, foosball, and cornhole games with your family and friends, or sip back and indulge in a unique drinking experience in its spacious warehouse-inspired taproom.
- Crowd Favorite: Chapman Crafted Pils, an unforgettable classic German Pilsner tipping at 5.2% ABV
- Highly recommended: Kool Kid Hops, a summer-tasting West Coast Double IPA at 8.6% ABV
- Hop-py Note: Centrally located, it’s a great place to start your Orange County Brewery Tour.
Hours: Open Sun & Mon 12 pm – 8pm，Tue 12pm – 9pm， Wed & Thur 12pm – 10pm，Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm.
Address: 123 N Cypress St, Orange, CA 92866
9. Unsung Brewing Company
Not all superheroes wear capes. Some love to take a sip of Unsung Brewing Company’s Heroic craft beers. This superhero comic book-themed brewery has a tasting room + pilot brewhouse (a.k.a Palate Sanctuary No. 001), decorated with superhero collectibles and an out-of-this-world mural. There’s also a lengthy beer tap list with various brews ranging from ales to lagers and many more unique concoctions for superheroes like you. If you want a beer with an uncanny flavor and depth that pairs well with any food, fly to Unsung Brewing, and you can never get enough of its fun and welcoming environment.
- Crowd Favorite: Naturia, a solid rich-flavored double IPA kicking an 8.4% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Metaplex, a dank American IPA with hints of pineapple and grapefruit
Hours: Open Mon & Tue 4pm–10pm, Wed & Thur 2pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–12am, Sun 12pm–8pm.
10. Green Cheek Beer Company
An OC beer crawl is never complete without Green Cheek Beer Company. Located in Anaheim, this independent brewery’s name comes from the parrots flying over OC known as the Wild Green-Cheeked Amazon. With rotating taps of IPAs and other styles, plus Crowlers, growlers, and growler fill, Green Cheek also serves tasty pub food from Wednesdays to Sundays. On the other hand, food trucks are available on-site on Monday and Tuesday or bring your own anytime. Set on top of an industrial park, you can enjoy your flight while taking in views of the entire OC skyline with your family, friends, kids, or pets. And to liven up the craft beer mood, live music takes place on the patio every Saturday night.
- Crowd Favorite: Swim Test, Deep dive in this flavorful Triple IPA tipping at 10.2% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Radiant Beauty, an award-winning American IPA that’s radiantly clear. 6.7% ABV
- Hop-py Note: Green Cheek stands by its Code of Conduct of being kind and respectful to everyone regardless of sexual orientation, color, or belief.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 5pm-10pm, Thur & Fri 5pm-11pm, Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-10pm.