As the oldest city of Georgia with European influence, Savannah has a keen eye for arts and styles, and craft beers didn’t escape the demands of quality and creativity. Even before the end of the 20th century, brewpubs were already everywhere and were catering to the locals’ search for authentic American brews.
Like walking in the cobblestone streets of Savannah, stroll and be intrigued by their stylish and historic breweries!
1. Two Tides Brewing Company
Two Tides Brewing specializes in sour, haze, and funk craft beers and explores the best brews they can come out with, from crisp lagers to the darkest barrel-aged pastry stouts. Have them on drafts while you hang out on the porches, loved by patrons, or around the taproom that has an eclectic interior.
They allow patrons to bring food while they offer light snacks and cheese boards for a relaxed hop day. Though if you’re craving pizza for your beers, you’re in the right place, as Vittoria, one of the best pizzas in the city, is just next door.
- Crowd Favorite: Sixfoot. A fruity and hazy New England IPA with 6.5%
- Highly Recommended: Hydrus
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Street parking. Pinball machines. Live Music.
- Fun Fact: Two Tides Brewing recently launched the first annual Skate Jam with Clockwork Skateshop along De Soto Ave.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 4pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12:30pm-9pm
Address: 12 W 41st St, Savannah, GA 31401
Contact: (912)667-0706 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Service Brewing Company
Service Brewing is a veteran-owned craft brewery established in honor of service men and women of the country. Located in downtown Savannah, guests will find the stunning tasting room with US military history-themed designs. And a graffiti wall asking, “How do you serve?” and, of course, the taproom that serves fresh, authentic American-made beers of high quality and local ingredients.
The brewery produces large-scale beers year-round in Kegs, cans, and bottles and donates a portion of the revenue to charities supporting those who serve.
- Crowd Favorite: Compass Rose. An aromatic and refreshing juicy IPA with 6.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Rally Point
- Hop-py Note: Kid-friendly. Dog-friendly. Live Music. Food Trucks. Cans-to-go.
- Fun Fact: Service Brewing has an in-house collection of patriotic-themed tap handles designed and created by local and national artists.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12:30pm-5:30pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 574 Indian St, Savannah, GA 31401
Contact: (912)358-1002 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Southbound Brewing Company
Established in 2013, Southbound Brewing is the first production microbrewery in the oldest city in Georgia. They serve a variety of up to 20 tasty craft beers on tap that hop-heads will relish in pints or flights. Especially the IPAs and sours that go well with the delicious food crafted by food suppliers in the community, like the plant-based chicken burgers of Vulture.
Southbound’s taproom and beer garden are usually complemented by its friendly staff and fun atmosphere, not to mention the Thursday’s axe throwing that patrons are looking forward to.
- Crowd Favorite: Hop’lin IPA. A smooth and hoppy American IPA with 6.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Scattered Sun Belgian Wit
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Live music. Private event rentals. Food trucks on site.
- Fun Fact: Southbound Brewing has a pet named Brew Cat who came from a local shelter and has full-time security and pest control job in the brewery.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm-9pm, Fri 4pm-12am, Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-8pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 107 E Lathrop Ave, Savannah, GA 31415
Contact: (912)421-0113 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Hop Atomica
Started in July 2020, Hop Atomica supplies artfully crafted beers in small batches to the Baldwin Park Neighborhood area and is by far the city’s only brewery and distillery combination. With around 20 beers on taps, locals and visitors are bound to go back as they taste the drafts with a seriously mouth-watering variety of house pizzas and rotating deliciously crafted foods, from tacos to texas-style BBQs.
Hop Atomica’s patio has a refreshing vibe, and the minimalist taproom is comfortably quaint. Quite a destination in Savannah, the place features an in-house art gallery showcasing amazing works from local artists.
- Crowd Favorite: Cookies N’ Cream. A sweet, creamy pastry stout with 5.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: $50 4 PACK
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Art Gallery. Car shows. Private Event Hosting.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s name, Hot Atomica, is a homage to the location’s original mid-century building and the Atomic era’s scientific explorations.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10:30pm
Address: 535 E 39th St, Savannah, GA 31401
Contact: (912)335-2715 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Coastal Empire Beer Co.
Founded by Kevin Haborak, a true homebrewer from Atlanta, Coastal Empire launched Savannah Brown Ale in 2011. The microbrewery’s first beer won the People’s Choice Award at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest just a week after its release. Since then, they quickly grew, opening a production facility in Savannah and becoming the most awarded production brewery in the city.
Coastal Empire’s taproom is an open facility with a great lineup of crafted beers listed on a chalkboard that they usually update with new tasty beer releases. Patrons are just amused by the laid-back and casual atmosphere.
- Crowd Favorite: Tybee Island Blonde. A clean, crisp, and mildly bitter Kölsch with 4.7% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Coco Piña Gose
- Hop-py note: Private event rentals. Trivia nights. Live music. Food trucks on-site.
- Fun Fact: Coastal Empire supports Clara’s charity, which provides helmets for kids to prevent brain injury.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 5pm-8pm, Fri 5pm-9pm, Sat 12pm-9pm, Sun 12:30pm-5pm, Mon Closed
Address: 79 Ross Rd, Savannah, GA 31405
Contact: (912)335-2804 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Moon River Brewing Company
Moon River is known for ghost stories and a haunted location. They don’t offer tours, but local guides’ itinerary often includes them. As rich as the history of the brewing building is, people are coming for handcrafted beers and a perfect set of menus, ranging from comfort foods to gourmet cuisine. The classic ambiance of the brewpub and beer garden are simply best shared with pints.
From a 15-barrel copper-clad brewhouse, each beer is made through hands-on labor and with the highest quality standards, which made the flagship Rosemary Swamp Fox win gold from the Great American Beer Festival Competition.
- Crowd Favorite: Swamp fox. A bitter and dry-hopped American IPA with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Wild Wacky Wit
- Hop-py Note: Kid-friendly. Dog-friendly. Private Events Hosting. Trivia nights.
- Fun Fact: Moon River building was the first Savannah Hotel built in 1821.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-12am
Address: 21 W Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401
Contact: (912)447-0943 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Split Fin Brewing
Established in 2019, Split Fin Brewing is Liberty county’s first craft brewery just outside Savannah, GA. From stouts to IPAs, they have 12 flagship and seasonal beers that even non-drinkers will find something that is worth their taste. The brewery supports America’s small and independent craft brewers.
Split Fin’s country-style taproom and out front and back patios are a perfect place to hang out with live music playing. They also offer a great space for groups who want to fling an axe.
- Crowd Favorite: Shore Dive. A sweet chocolate stout with 9.0% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Imperial IPA
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Family movie nights. Growlers-to-go. BYO food.
- Fun Fact: Split Fin Brewing trended number 2 in Facebook Brewery Stars’ Savannah, Georgia Brewery Rankings.
Hours: Open Mon 4:30pm-7:30pm, Tue & Wed 4:30pm-9pm, Thur & Fri 4:30pm-10:30pm, Sat 2pm-10:30pm, Sun 12:30pm-7pm
Address: 60 Butler Ave Suite 3, Midway, GA 31320
Contact: (912)442-2963 | Facebook | Instagram | Website