With Arizona’s sunny and dry weather year-round, it is impossible not to crave sweaty and luscious ice-cold beer. Arizona is home to numerous world-class breweries thanks to its beer-thirsty ancestors.
Among the long list, we gathered up the list of the best breweries in the state. So, if you’re getting excited about fighting the Arizona heat by drinking cold pints, here are the breweries you have to visit!
1. Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co.
If you’re hunting for a nature-driven brewery, you might want to visit the Arizona Wilderness. The 9-year-old brewery’s tagline, “Drink as you care,” has been proven true throughout the years, as it uses Sinagua Malt, a water-conserving crop, as a base of its beer. The effort created funky and fascinating wild ales, sours, and hazy IPAs.
Indulge in Arizona Wilderness’s top-notch Gilbert Brewpub, Dtphx beer garden, and Woodnotes Cellar, and have a taste of outstanding AZ Hot Chicken, Peanut Butter, and Jelly Burger.
- Crowd Favorite: Refuge. A perfectly balanced American IPA with 6.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Superstition Coffee Stout
- Hop-py Note: Curbside pickup. Wheelchair accessible. Sells merchandise and gift cards.
- Fun Fact: Arizona Wilderness offers an exclusive membership called Wilderness Cellar Co-op, wherein members can receive exclusive beers and free attendance to quarterly parties.
Hours: Open Daily 11am – 10pm.
Address: 721 N Arizona Ave, Gilbert, AZ 85233
Contact: (480) 497-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Four Peaks Brewing Company
Rising from an old ice factory housing a dairy creamery and a recording studio, Four Peaks serves the best ice-cold ales, lagers, IPAs, and stouts. With 15 year-round, five seasonals, and four barrel-aged beers on its menu, everyone can guarantee a perfect drink as they visit Four Peaks.
Four Peaks currently has four taprooms in Arizona, two in Tempe and one in Phoenix. All locations offer equally lovely indoor and outdoor seating, making a great pair for its delicious, sizable pub fare. You might want to check out its original taproom on 8th Street, Tempe, as it hosts a fun, guided brewery tour.
- Crowd Favorite: Kilt Lifter. A full-bodied Scottish ale exploding with caramel and roasted barley containing 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Hop Knot
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Dog-friendly. Sells merchandise and gift cards.
- Fun Fact: Four Peaks supports many non-profit organizations, including the Arizona Humane Society.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm.
Address: 1340 E 8th St #104, Tempe, AZ 85281
Contact: (480) 303-9967 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Wren House Brewing Company
With almost 20 medals from local and national competitions, Wren House surely creates the juiciest and tastiest American lagers and IPAs. You can choose to drink Wren House’s 23 beers on tap either on the 1930s bungalow house turned into a cozy Phoenix taproom or on a seasonal patio in Prescott.
Make your Wren House experience more memorable and exciting by signing up for Saguaro Society, the brewery’s exclusive membership. Enjoy perks such as tasting uniquely barrel-aged beer, a 15% taproom discount, and pre-order access to all other beers, along with 399 other exclusive members.
- Crowd Favorite: Spellbinder. A hazy American IPA brewed from pilsner malt, oat, and Sanora white wheat with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Jomax
- Hop-py Note: Trivia nights. Sells gift cards and merchandise. Pet-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Wren House’s most recent award is the gold medal at the GABF 2022 for its Festbier.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 12am, Sun 11am – 9pm.
Address: 2125 N 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Contact: (602) 244-9184 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. O.H.S.O. Brewery
O.H.S.O. has a Brew With Us program, open to any group of 6, for a lesson on the basic brewing process and style creation. If getting on the act is not your type, a guided tour of O.H.S.O. Brewery’s Ale & Lager House in Gilbert and a distillery tour and tasting in Arcadia is also available.
As a nano brewery, O.H.S.O. has produced small-batch and handcrafted beers that received multiple awards, like its Handlebar Hefe and 89Ale. It also became a home to numerous spirits, wines, cocktails, and whiskeys as it is a brewery and distillery combination. Enjoy your O.H.S.O. delicious drinks in a pint, 3 oz sample, or cans.
- Crowd Favorite: Boom Dynamite – Pay it Forward. An American IPA combines grapefruit and mango flavors containing 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Hoppy
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly patio. Offers delivery and curbside pickup.
- Fun Fact: O.H.S.O. brewed a beer called 988 to spread awareness of the new National Suicide Prevention Hotline number.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri 11am – 12am, Sat 9am – 12am, Sun 9am – 10pm.
Address: 4900 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Contact: (602) 900-9004 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. SanTan Brewing
Operating since 2007, SanTan stands as the largest combined brewery and distillery. It is proud to handcraft a wide variety of Southwestern-style beers made purely from local ingredients and to own a Spirit House Cocktails and Kitchen in Chandler, housing the best and boldest 21st-century spirits, aged in hand-selected oak barrels.
Walk through SanTan’s 35,000 square feet production facility in its famous brewery tour, featuring ten stops along the brewery and distillery path. The tour will end at the tasting bar, where you’ll be served the notable Moonjuice craft beer and Sacred Stave American Single Malt Whiskey artisan spirit.
- Crowd Favorite: Devil’s Ale. A crisp-tasting American pale ale containing 5.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: HopShock
- Hop-py Note: Occasional live music. Trivia nights. Brewery tour. Offers pickup and delivery.
- Fun Fact: SanTan was named a Top 10 Wedding Venue in Phoenix, Arizona.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am – 11pm, Fri 11am – 12am, Sat 9am – 12am, Sun 9am – 9pm.
Address: 8 S San Marcos Pl, Chandler, AZ 85225
Contact: (480) 917-8700 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Mother Road Brewing Company
Founded in 2011, Mother Road is the third-largest independent craft brewery in Arizona. Its mission is to brew beer while building the community, and true enough, in 2020, it won the Sustainable Tourism Award for its sustainability efforts, such as launching a carbon dioxide recapture system.
Choose from Mother Road’s flagship unfiltered IPA, flavorful golden ale, and low-ABV session IPA, and pair them up with treats from Roadside Stove food trailer in Mother Road’s partnership with Satchmo’s Cajun and Barbeque. If you don’t have the time to drop by, let Mother Road come to you through its craft beer, wine, and merchandise delivery.
- Crowd Favorite: Tower Station IPA. An unfiltered copper-orange colored beer with tangerine and pineapple flavors containing 7.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Lost Highway Double Black IPA
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Sells merchandise and gift cards. LGBTQ+ friendly. Wheelchair accessible.
- Fun Fact: Mother Road got its name from John Steinbeck’s classic novel The Grapes of Wrath.
Hours: Open Mon – Fri 2pm – 9pm, Sat & Sun 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 7 S Mikes Pike St, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Contact: (928) 774-9139 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Huss Brewing
Owned by Arizona locals, Jeff and Leah, Huss Brewing has been serving the state delicious craft beer since 2013. The brewery has proved itself to be one of the best breweries in Arizona as five of its beers have won awards in different beer competitions and two of its hard seltzers won medals at the 2022 US Open Hard Seltzer Championship. Furthermore, Huss Brewing has also been honored by the Arizona Restaurant Association as the 2022 Top Arizona Brewery.
- Crowd Favorite: Papago Orange Blossom. A refreshing and citrusy light wheat ale with 5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Scottsdale Blonde
- Hop-py Note: Wheelchair accessible. Free Wi-Fi. Happy Hour Specials.
- Fun Fact: Huss Brewing is the third largest brewery in the state of Arizona.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am – 9pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 10pm, Sun 11am – 8pm.
Address: 100 E Camelback Rd #160, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Contact: (602) 441-4677 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Pueblo Vida Brewing Company
Operating with a 7-barrel brewing system in its brewhouse and seven other tanks and equipment in its cellar, Pueblo Vida serves authentic and world-inspired beer styles, all brewed with the highest quality local ingredients. The location also features the best restaurants, so you can always find the perfect beer accompaniment.
As a brewery selling and expert in kegs, Pueblo Vida shares some best practices about using kegerators on its website. Choose what beer to purchase in a keg in Pueblo Vida’s 20 beers on tap. You can also order them in 16 oz pints, 10 oz half pour, and 5 oz flight.
- Crowd Favorite: Hef. A light-finished Bavarian-style hefeweizen with 5.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Andromeda
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Yoga class. Curbside pickup. Happy hour Mondays. Sells merchandise. Bike parking.
- Fun Fact: Pueblo Vida’s taproom and brewery space was constructed in 1918.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 115 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85701
Contact: (602) 441-4677 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. The Shop Beer Co.
Not just TSBC’s building is a historic building that was built in 1952 and served as a home to Harry Mitchell, the former Mayor of Tempe and US Representative, and the brewery itself. It gained numerous recognition, such as Rate Beer New Arizona Brewery in 2016, Phoenix New Time Best Brewery in 2020, and counting.
Who wouldn’t recognize TSBC’s uniquely crafted blonde lager, sour ale, and double IPA available throughout Arizona? There is even a small but impeccable list of cans to-go to choose from. Drink them along with visiting food trucks from TSBC.
- Crowd Favorite: Church Music. A refreshing tropical-flavored New England IPA with 6.7%.
- Highly Recommended: FYITM
- Hop-py Note: Wheelchair accessible. Curbside pickup. Live music.
- Fun Fact: TSBC was included in Forbes’ Top 50 Fastest Growing Brewery in 2018.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 12pm – 11pm, Fri 12pm – 12am, Sat 11am – 12am, Sun 11am – 10pm.
Address: 922 W 1st St, Tempe, AZ 85281
Contact: (480) 477-9212 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Borderlands Brewing Company
Experience Arizona in Borderlands’ art exhibit featuring wildly captivating murals. They are well-displayed in the brewery’s rustic, chic, and industrial taproom with a shaded beer garden. While sitting, get a taste of its 10-line draft of award-winning and refreshing beers, along with classic Buffalo chicken tacos, which are famous in the brewery.
Share your Borderlands experience when you get home by purchasing the brewery’s signature selection of featured items. You can also bring home some lip-smacking growlers to go and refill.
- Crowd Favorite: Noche Dulce. A sweet vanilla porter bursting with coffee and dark chocolate flavors containing 7.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Toole Avenue
- Hop-py Note: Curbside pickup. Live music. Yoga class. Trivia night. Sells gift cards.
- Fun Fact: Borderlands co-founded a project called Las Hermanas, which aims to celebrate and foster womanhood.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm, Sun 11am – 10pm.
Address: 119 E Toole Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701
Contact: (520) 955-9826 | Facebook | Instagram | Website