Popular for its crystal-clear waters and sandy beaches, Florida truly deserves its nickname, “Sunshine State of USA.” Whether locals or tourists, Florida is jam-packed all year, especially during summer.
If you’re planning a visit here and pub hopping is included in your itinerary, check out these ten best breweries in Florida we carefully picked!
1. Cigar city brewing
Located in Tampa, a city known for its thriving cigar industry, CBC has been serving quality and award-winning beers since 2009. Its philosophy lies deeply in using top quality and first-rate ingredients and commits to only using vegan components. Its efforts resulted in the most premium ales and lagers, which you can taste in its 23-draft line of beers available in 5 oz tasters, 10 oz, and 18 oz.
Currently, CBC has three locations in Tampa, including its flagship taproom on Spruce Street. In the location, you can taste freshly cooked Tampa-inspired cuisine in its full-service kitchen that operates seven days a week.
- Crowd Favorite: Jai Alai. A bold, balanced, and citrusy American IPA with 7.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Manduro Brown Ale
- Hop-py Note: Sells merchandise. Wheelchair accessible. Comedy nights. Brewery tour. Exclusive membership. Family-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Cigar City Brewing’s first commercially produced beer is a 465-gallon batch of Manduro Brown Ale.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 10am-11pm, Sun 10am-10pm
Address: 3924 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL 33607
Contact: (813) 348-6363 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Funky Buddha Brewery
Proud to be brewing traditional styles to experimental beers, Funky Buddha has been bringing the funk to beer lovers since 2010. All its beverages are brewed using the finest malts and cereal grains processed through energy-efficient natural gas-powered steam. Moreover, the used grains spent by Funky Buddha are either donated to local farmers or used in its wheat products like bread and pretzels.
When you visit Funky Buddha, you better ensure you’ll catch its happy hour from 3 PM to 7 PM, Mondays through Fridays, for a $1 off to any draft beers. Pair them up with its daily specials, available at the Craft Food Counter & Kitchen.
- Crowd Favorite: Hop Gun IPA. A grapefruit and pineapple-flavored beer with notes of caramel malts containing 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Floridian
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Dog-friendly. Sells merchandise. Wheelchair accessible. Dog-friendly patio. Free parking.
- Fun Fact: Funky Buddha’s Maple Bacon Coffee Porter won a gold medal at the 2016 World Beer Cup.
Hours: Open Mon-Wed 11:30am–10pm, Thur 11:30am–11pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–12am, Sun 11:30am-9pm
Address: 1201 NE 38th St, Oakland Park, FL 33334
Contact: (954) 440-0046 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Green Bench Brewing Company
Located in St. Petersburg, renowned as the “City of Green Benches,” GBBC was founded by Steven, Nathan, and Khris. Out of their hard work, GBBC boasts a 12,000-bbl production facility and 20 fermenters. GBBC also has a fully operational laboratory, which it uses to craft saisons on a house blend of wild yeast strains.
Upon setting foot in GBBC, you’ll be in awe of the picturesque waterfront view in the laid-back taproom and large beer garden. Here, you can relish one-of-a-kind IPAs, pilsners, and lagers.
- Crowd Favorite: Sunshine City IPA. An American-style beer double dry hopped using mosaic, Citra, and azacca hops with 6.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Green Bench IPA
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Sells gift cards and merchandise. Live music.
- Fun Fact: Green Bench Brewing was St. Petersburg’s first microbrewery.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 12pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–12am, Sun 12pm-10pm, Mon Closed
Address: 1133 Baum Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Contact: (727) 800-9836 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. 3 Daughters Brewing
Family-owned since December 2013, Mike originally built 3Ds to send his three daughters through college. He never knew that the brewery he founded would be renowned in the following years as the No. 1 in the whole of Florida for its top-class tasting room.
3D currently has two tasting rooms. One is in St. Petersburg, and the other is in Clearwater Beach. Besides its 42 rotating taps, 3D offers its own-crafted ciders, hard seltzers, soda, sangria, and non-alcoholic options. Games like darts, foosball, and Jenga are always available in the brewery to kill your boredom while drinking.
- Crowd Favorite: Beach Blonde Ale. A malty sweet beer with hints of citrus containing 5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Bimini Twist IPA
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Dog-friendly. Sells merchandise.
- Fun Fact: 3 Daughters is one of the largest independent breweries in Florida.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11:30am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–12am, Sun 11:30am-8pm
Address: 222 22nd St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Contact: (727) 495-6002 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Coppertail Brewing Co.
Running as an independently-owned brewery, Coppertail was located in the historic Ybor neighborhood. It features a full-service bar, kitchen, and tasting room wherein you can enjoy 20 taps of delicious beers with a wine list for a larger option. To fill in your guts, a variety of pub fares like shareable appetizers, pizzas, and salads are always ready to be served.
As a brewery that loves to give back to the community, Coppertail has partnered with numerous local organizations like the Ybor Museum Society and The Florida Aquarium. It also founded Helping with Hops, which raises funds to help a charity each month.
- Crowd Favorite: Free Dive. An American IPA bursting with scents of citrus and pine with 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Unholy
- Hop-py Note: Large parking space. Brewery tours. Dog and kid-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Coppertail is an enormous mythical water creature that is said to be living in Tampa Bay.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am–11pm, Fri & Sat 11am–12am, Sun 11am-9pm
Address: 2601 E 2nd Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
Contact: (813) 247-1500 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. 3 Sons Brewing Co
If you’re looking for a good spot to drink with waterfront views, you might want to check out 3 Sons’ brewery and kitchen. Expect creative and exquisite pilsners, ales, stouts, Berliners, and more in 3 Sons’ 26 brews on tap.
Pair them with top-notch cuisine cooked from 3 Sons’ wood-fired oven, and make the most of your stay with its excellent lineup of wines. If you’re in a rush and can’t stay in 3 Sons’ cozy taproom, you can preorder 4-pack beers or any pub grubs and pick them up at the brewery.
- Crowd Favorite: Dopealicious. A refreshing double dry hop New England IPA with 7.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Double Dope
- Hop-py Note: Family-friendly. Trivia nights. Live music.
- Fun Fact: From home brewing, it took 3 Sons two years before craft beers into a brewhouse.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 12pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–11pm
Address: 236 N Federal Hwy #104, Dania Beach, FL 33004
Contact: (954) 601-3833 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Florida Keys Brewing Co.
Founded in 2012 at the Morada Way Arts District, Florida Keys is a microbrewery committed to serving quality craft beers. The brewery is famous for its vibrant, breezy, and expansive beer garden. And you can play giant Jenga, cornhole, and hula hoops for their size. But if playing is not your type, you can simply enjoy the island vibe of the beer garden as it is located in Islamorada.
Relish a great selection of FKBC’s brews, ranging from year-round staples to seasonal and barrel-aged limited releases, all crafted in the brewery’s 20-bbl brewhouse.
- Crowd Favorite: Iguana Bait. A sweet, fruity honey hibiscus German-style Kölsch with 5.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Spearfish Amber Ale
- Hop-py Note: Kid and pet-friendly. Bingo nights. Live music. Sells merchandise and gift cards.
- Fun Fact: Florida Keys Brewing is the first microbrewery in the Upper Keys.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am–11pm
Address: 81611 Old Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036
Contact: (305) 664-9722 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Veza Sur Brewing Co.
If you love tasting fresh fruit flavors in your beer, you’ll love Veza Sur’s expertly brewed mango, strawberries, and guava-flavored beers. It knows how to maximize Miami’s everlasting hot weather and incorporated tropical fruits as the highlight of its draft list. Veza Sur also takes inspiration from its Latin American roots by experimenting with high-percentage nitro, stouts, and porters.
Furthermore, you can grab something to bite from Chi-Fa, a Chino-Peruvian food truck parked on Veza Sur’s patio. And pair these with delicious craft brews from its 18-draft line, featured in its taproom.
- Crowd Favorite: Mangolandia. A juicy and refreshing wheat ale with flavors of fresh mango containing 4.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Mala Yerba
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Sells merchandise. Offers curbside pickup. Brewery tour.
- Fun Fact: Veza Sur is a Spanish term that translates to “Beer from the South.”
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 12pm–12am, Fri & Sat 12pm–1am
Address: 55 NW 25th St, Miami, FL 33127
Contact: (786) 362-6300 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Mad Beach Craft Brewing Company
Operating as a full brewpub restaurant, MBCBC specializes in traditional styles of beers with unique twists. It also dabbles in the normal realm of IPAs and lagers. Pair them with Chef Tyson Williams’ expansive Caribbean and Southern-inspired menu and the brewery’s beach vibe, and you’ll surely have a great time here.
If you’re searching for a private event space near the Gulf Beaches, you might consider MBCBC. It has a 6-000-square-foot interior space plus over the 1-000-square-foot exterior balcony and has a stage with a 200″ video wall.
- Crowd Favorite: Dolphin Drool. Strong citrus-flavored American pale ale with light notes of fruitiness containing 5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Madeira Vice
- Hop-py Note: Family-friendly. Sells merchandise.
- Fun Fact: Mad Beach Craft Brewing donates to charities in pursuit of marine conservation, education, and preservation.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 12pm–9pm, Fri 12pm-10pm, Sat 11am–11pm, Sun 11am-9pm
Address: 12945 Village Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Contact: (727) 362-0008 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Crooked Can Brewing Company
Founded by Andrew Sheeter in 2014, Crooked Can sits inside the Plant Street Market, delivering the most unique, excellent-tasting, and consistent beers. You can order from Crooked Can’s 11 diverse lineups of drinks and chug them with a bunch of foods from Plant Street Market vendors, such as Bruno’s Oysters, Bento Sushi + Poke, and Sir Benji’s Donuts.
You can rent Crooked Can, which can seat 300 guests, perfect for any private or corporate event. You’ll enjoy a wide indoor venue, private space, and a relaxing patio.
- Crowd Favorite: Haze For Days. Juicy and hazy New England pale ale with 6.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: High Joltage Coffee Stout
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Sells merchandise. Dog-friendly. Trivia nights.
- Fun Fact: Crooked Can supports Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge, an organization that protects local Florida native wildlife.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–11pm, Fri & Sat 11am–12am
Address: 426 W Plant St, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Contact: (407) 395-9520 | Facebook | Instagram | Website