The beer scene in Loveland is just a decade old, making it one of the cities that entered the craft beer industry a little late. However, it may look raw and unripe, but it is important to note that the breweries here did not just sprout overnight. The award-winning breweries came from the deep love of the locals to serve the best-tasting beers worldwide. The place says it all anyway: a land overflowing with love.
If you are interested in tasting passion blended into every pint of beer, come and visit these seven best breweries in Loveland, Colorado!
1. Verboten Brewing and Barrel Project
If you’re looking for a fun place, you might want to check out Verboten. It has a Themed Thursday wherein customers will be asked to wear Hawaiian, stripe, and polka dots t-shirts. To not be left out from the crowd, you better check out its accounts for updates. It will surely be worth the effort since every complying customer will have $1 off every pint.
Currently, Verboten offers a selection of 20 uniquely styled beers. You can pick a seat to enjoy these in the brewery’s lively taproom or sunny patio. You can also hear live music every Sunday, echoing in the establishment.
- Crowd Favorite: Killer Boots. An English-style caramel porter with 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Thinking Of Something Orange
- Hop-py Note: Comedy and game night. Pet-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Verboten got its name from the forbidden ingredients by German Purity Law.
Hours: Open Sun & Mon 12pm-9pm, Tue-Thur 12pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-11pm
Address: 127 E 5th St, Loveland, CO 80537
2. Loveland Aleworks
Loveland Aleworks is a family-owned microbrewery established in Downtown Loveland in 2012. It crafts small batches of beer, allowing them to make distinct beer types and experiment with new flavors and styles. Moreover, the brewery only uses the best ingredients to make all its brews so fans can have the best drinking experience.
Loveland Aleworks serves ten different beers on tap seven days a week. And if you are looking for food, the brewery offers small bites in its taproom, and there are also food trucks and vendors regularly supplying tasty meals to the guests at Loveland Aleworks.
- Crowd Favorite: American Sour With Raspberries. A fruity and tasty sour with 5.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Blackberry Lemon Bar Sour
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Non-alcoholic options. Kid-friendly.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 12pm-10pm, Fri 11am-10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-9pm
Address: 118 W 4th St, Loveland, CO 80537
3. Grimm Brothers Brewhouse
Founded in 2010, Grimm Brothers is the oldest brewery in Loveland and is an establishment that received numerous awards and accolades for its exceptional beers. Grimm Brothers try to create a distinct style apart from the local taste of Loveland by combining ancient styles with modern German and European beer. This unique technique gave the brewery award-winning beers like Fearless Youth and Little Red Cap.
Today, Grimm Brothers serve all of its flagship brews on tap and a constantly rotating selection of seasonal and experimental beers. Moreover, to deliver food to its hungry customers, it partnered with The Iron Stove, a local food vendor crafting German-inspired meals.
- Crowd Favorite: Little Red Cap. A light Düsseldorf Altbier with 5.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Fearless Youth
- Hop-py Note: Pet-friendly. Trivia and bingo night. Live music.
- Fun Fact: German writers Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm are the name inspiration for the brewery.
Hours: Open Mon-Fri 2pm-9pm, Sat 12pm-9pm, Sun 12pm-7pm
Address: 623 N Denver Ave, Loveland, CO 80537
4. Crow Hop Brewing
Since its opening in 2013, Crow Hop has been fueled by a mission to craft clean and complex-flavored beers with its four classic ingredients. These are grains, hops, yeast, and the beginning of all the magic in its beers, the pristine water of Colorado. With these, Crow Hop has crafted numerous beers, including 24 beers with distinct styles available on tap.
Crow Hop Brewing has a fantastic outdoor patio and a chic taproom featuring its eight flagship brews. Moreover, Crow Hop hosts fun activities like playing vinyl records, yoga, and themed parties. And if you’re hungry, Crow Hop occasionally offers snacks, in-house pizza, and hotdogs from Bad Benji.
- Crowd Favorite: ‘Rado’s Red. Roasted toffee and vanilla-scented red ale with 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Recess IPA
- Hop-py Note: Bingo and comedy nights. Dog-friendly. Offers takeout.
- Fun Fact: Crow Hop’s Knee Knocker Porter won silver in the 2021 U.S Open Beer Championship.
Hours: Open Mon-Wed 2pm-8pm, Thur 2pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-9pm
Address: 214 E 4th St, Loveland, CO 80537
5. Big Beaver Brewing Co.
Since opening in 2010, Big Beaver has consistently served the locals delicious craft beer. The brewery is committed to making small batches of unfiltered and unpasteurized beers to give everyone the best aroma, taste, and mouth feel when drinking.
Today, Big Beaver is famous for its astounding view of the Rocky Mountain National Park. The great views will surely call for an ice-cold beer, and no worries since Big Beaver has 16 premium beers on tap to choose from. Moreover, Big Beaver is generous at giving discounts as they give discounts to its guests every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday for different conditions.
- Crowd Favorite: Juicy Peach Ale. A light ale fermented alongside peach puree with 4.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Whiskey Dick Stout
- Hop-py Note: Open-mic talents. Bingo night.
- Fun Fact: If you buy Big Beaver merchandise, you’ll get a free beer for every purchase.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 2pm-9pm, Fri 2pm-10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm
6. Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
Rock Bottom is an award-winning regional brewery that started in Downtown Denver in 1991. Now, it boasts 17 locations in the United States, including its thriving branch in Loveland called Centerra. This location serves different beer styles, such as crisp, refreshing, and creamy brews. Besides beer, the place also offers delicious ciders for its non-beer fanatic guests.
If you have an upcoming large party, consider booking Rock Bottom Centerra because it has an event area that can seat up to 350 guests. It can also create a customized menu for you and your guests for a perfect dining experience. Moreover, the brewery offers tours upon request if you want to incorporate fun activities into your event.
- Crowd Favorite: India Pale Ale. A citrus hop flavor beer with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Red Rocks Red Ale
- Hop-py Note: Indoor and outdoor seating. Family-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Rock Bottom has won numerous awards, including the gold medal in World Beer Cup American 2016.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm
Address: 6025 Sky Pond Dr, Loveland, CO 80538
7. Berthoud Brewing Company
Berthoud is a family-owned brewery, and as its name says, it is originally located in Berthoud, Colorado. In 2019, it decided to open its second location on Cascade Avenue, Loveland. The new location highlights a large patio and plenty of seats in its taproom. It is also famous for its wood-fired pizza and wings, which can be a great pair with one of its 20 delicious beers on its tap.
Berthoud also creates a name by not using any preservatives in its beers. It uses only real ingredients and forbids additives and adjuncts from its crafts. It lives up to a mantra, “nothing from a lab, only the land.” Moreover, it also abandons trends in brewing and only embraces traditional and approachable styles and flavors.
- Crowd Favorite: Fireside. Caramel-flavored Scottish ale with 7.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Devil’s Dunkel
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Bike night. Dog-friendly. Wheelchair accessible.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 2pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-9pm