Being the oldest city in Wisconsin, Green Bay has a lot of expertise in many areas, including crafting appetizing beers. With a large population of beer lovers and numerous tourists to many attractions, Green Bay has established a wide crowd to support its locally-made beverages.
If you are among those locals or explorers curious or can’t get enough of Green Bay’s beers, we have rounded up the best breweries you should never miss!
1. Badger State Brewing
Badger State has been churning up the best-tasting light, hop-forward, barrel-aged, and sour beers since 2013. It has also added craft hard seltzers and ciders to give patrons a larger option of beverages.
Boasting to have one of the most versatile brewhouse facilities in entire Wisconsin, Badger State has 30-barrel, 15-barrel, and 7-barrel brewing systems in its 15,000 square-foot brewing space. It also houses a cozy taproom, a grassy beer garden, a barrel aging room, and an event hall with a 750-seating capacity. Good news, as well, because the whole brewery is dog-friendly.
- Crowd Favorite: Grassy Place Hazy IPA. A heavy hopped and hazy New England IPA with 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Green Chop Session IPA
- Hop-py Note: Sells merchandise. Acoustic nights. Yoga classes.
- Fun Fact: Every dollar in the sale of Badger State’s Golden Gaze for a month was donated to a cause to help kids with cancer.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 3pm – 10pm, Thur 2pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 990 Tony Canadeo Run, Green Bay, WI 54304
Contact: (920)634-5687 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Titletown Brewing Company
You may want to check out TBC if you’re searching for a spacious and historical location as you chug your beer. It has a building constructed in 1908 and preserved its original window frames, light fixtures, fans, smokestack, and fire door surrounding the fireplace. TBC was also made famous by its “Roof Tap,” where you can enjoy the picturesque view of downtown Green Bay.
If you’re interested in further exploring TBC’s ancient-looking taproom, it holds a private state-of-the-art brewery tour, where a maximum of 16 people can join. Be ready to learn valuable history, unforgettable memories filled with entertainment, and a belly full of award-winning beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Green 19. A hop-forward and malty American IPA with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Johnny Blood Red
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Sells merchandise. Thursday vinyl night. Organizes a beer walk.
- Fun Fact: TBC’s building is a restored cannery of the Larsen Canning Company.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 1pm – 10pm, Fri 1pm – 12am, Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 320 N Broadway, Green Bay, WI 54303
Contact: (920) 437-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Stillmank Brewing Company
With 16 mouthwatering craft beers on tap, Stillmank is highly praised for its great and innovative beer options. Customers especially look for its famous Guava Juiced IPA, Wisco Hard Seltzer, and Dragon Fruit Wheat, and they will pair it up with The Booyah Shed’s hot and sizzling pulled pork, fish fry, and tacos.
Whether you’re a local or an out-of-towner, you’ll love Stillmank’s small but welcoming and friendly taproom and patio. And although it serves little meals, Stillmank still invites food trucks occasionally. You can also bring along cans to-go and some good merchandise as you go home.
- Crowd Favorite: Wisco Disco. A smooth-bodied Amber Ale with 5.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Perky Porter
- Hop-py Note: Sells gift certificates. Hosts bike ride. Curbside pickup.
- Fun Fact: Stillmank’s founder, Brad, was one of the first 20 to become a Certified Cicerone in 2009.
Hours: Open Wed – Fri 3pm – 9pm, Sat 12pm – 9pm, Mon Tues & Sun Closed,
Address: 215 N Henry St, Green Bay, WI 54302
Contact: (920) 785-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Noble Roots Brewing Company
Noble Roots has transitioned from 5-gallon batches in the kitchen in 2009 to a 7-barrel system brewery with a taproom today. Noble Roots’ hard work has resulted in 17 flagship beers and 45 slew of experimentation drinks, which they call Garage Series. You can drink these amazing crafts in an Imperial pint, 10 oz. pour and a beer flight. Moreover, Noble Roots’ has growlers for to-go orders.
Spend time boozing in Noble Roots’ casual taproom and bar, but if you’re more of an outside drinker, it has a sunny patio and covered pergola. You can bring along your kids, and they’ll enjoy Noble Roots’ children’s games.
- Crowd Favorite: Noble Roots IPA. A clean, smooth, and citrusy American IPA with 5.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Blonde Belgian
- Hop-py Note: Sells merchandise. Dog-friendly patio. Host food trucks.
- Fun Fact: Noble Roots’ location is a former service station.
Hours: Open Wed – Fri 4pm – 9pm, Sat 2pm – 9pm, Mon Tues & Sun Closed.
Address: 2790 University Ave, Green Bay, WI 54311
Contact: (920) 489-2874 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Copper State Brewing Co.
If you fancy a laid-back atmosphere while you drink, you may want to come to Copper State. You’ll want to come here during the day or on a groggy afternoon because the brewery does not only craft beers but also coffee. Breakfast and lunch pub fare is also available, like grilled chicken sandwiches served with house veggies or mac ‘n cheese.
Copper State is available for viewing for three options, an appointment-basis brewery tour. You can book its standard tour, clue-ery brewery scavenger hunt tour, and ultimate beer geekery tour. Order some cold and thirst-quenching American pale wheat, Imperial stout, and slushies to complete your Copper State experience.
- Crowd Favorite: Chocolate Coffee Peanut Butter Nitro Porter. A creamy porter with 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Stilt Stepper NEIPA
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Sells gift cards. TVs.
Hours: Open Mon – Sat 11am – 10pm, Sun Closed.
Address: 313 Dousman St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Contact: (920) 489-8575 | Facebook | Instagram | Website