The city of Eugene, Oregon, has a strong beer culture that extends back to 1866 when the new Eugene City Brewery was established. Since then, residents of Eugene have developed a taste for craft beers, and home brewing flourished in this city for the subsequent eight decades throughout Prohibition.
Currently, you can locate more than ten microbreweries in Eugene, Oregon. This emerging craft beer micro-industry has attracted the interest of numerous enthusiasts and casual drinkers who are actively searching for a cold pint to chug. To help you sample Eugene’s best-handcrafted beers, we have come up with a list of the best breweries to help you make the best out of your visit.
1. Falling Sky Brewing
We start the list strong with Falling Sky Brewing. It opened its doors in 2012, and since then, it has generated more than 400 brew recipes and counting, contributing to the rising fam of Eugene, Oregon’s brewery scene. Rob Cohen, the founder of Falling Sky Microbrewery, continued this success and expanded to other locations that reached more patrons.
FSB is packed with a playful vibe and features old windows used to split the bar, exposing the brewery’s interior with a modern industrial feel. Make a splash and shake your tail feathers with their beers that go perfectly with its delectable pub fares that are off the charts.
- Crowd Favorite: Dreadnut Foreign Extra Stout. A 7.6% ABV tropical stout boasting sweet coconut and roast aromas. Full-bodied with molasses, treacle, and a creamy coffee finish.
- Recommended: Daywalker Irish Red.
- Hop-py Note: Outdoor seating. Bicycle parking. Dogs are allowed. Free WiFi. Off-street parking. Wheelchair accessible. Provides various vegan options. Takes reservations. Offers takeout and delivery. Offers catering. Gender-neutral restrooms.
Hours: Open Wed 11am-9pm, Thur-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-8pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 1334 Oak Alley, Eugene, OR 97401
2. Gratitude Brewing
The next on the list is Gratitude Microbrewery which opened its doors to the public on December 2019. After much planning and execution by the founders Tristan and Josh, Gratitude has become Eugene’s pride. The microbrewery has hired experienced workers for the kitchen and bar, which has led to a long-term impact on the entire brewery output.
The microbrewery’s attractive atmosphere is a brew lover’s heaven, with various delectable brews with foods like nacho chips, salads, and sandwiches. It features effortless yet spacious indoor seating filled with live music for patrons. Today, GB continues to be committed to making the best quality beers anyone has ever drank.
- Crowd Favorite: Keep It Hazy Eugene: An American IPA, sour and Kolsch beer with tropical aromatics and a silky body that come in a strong hop profile. 5.6% ABV
- Recommended: Lovin’ It Out West
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Dogs are allowed. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available. Child-friendly. Covered outdoor seating. Wheelchair accessible. Bicycle parking. Provides eco-friendly containers and packaging. Gender-neutral restrooms.
Hours: Open Thur-Sun 12pm-10pm, Mon-Wed Closed
Address: 540 E 8th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401
3. Coldfire Brewing Company
Coldfire Brewing Company takes pride in its 10-barrel brewing system that enabled them to create a variety of beers available on tap. This microbrewery is an excellent choice with the plethora of styles it offers. Casual drinkers and enthusiasts seeking to experience new flavors will love it here and will keep coming back for a pint.
CBC is a great spot to chill with family and friends with its spacious seating and a great sound system that brings live music and jamming to a new level. They also organize competitive and enjoyable events that will entice you to return. The scenery is typical of an industrial building, equipped with a microbrewery on the front.
- Crowd Favorite: Cumulus Tropicalus. An American-style IPA with a thick layer of cloudy foam. Full-bodied and hop-forward. Flavored with peach, passion fruit, and pink grapefruit. 6.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: St James IRA
- Hop-py Note: Dogs are allowed. Street parking and private lot parking. Covered outdoor seating. Wheelchair accessible. Various vegan options. Accepts takeout orders. Child-friendly.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-9pm, Sun 12pm-8pm
Address: 263 Mill St, Eugene, OR 97401
4. Claim 52 Brewing Company
Claim 52 is a microbrewery company famous for its mastery of brewing barrel-aged beers. It has established firm roots in the Eugene microbrewery industry since its launch in 2012, thanks to its innovative mindset and unwavering commitment to quality. They offer incredibly flavorful and appealing beers. It also features a kitchen tap list with food dishes of a different variety produced from fresh northwest ingredients. The serving sizes are considerable, and orders are taken at the table using a QR code.
You can locate the brewery along Williamette Street, which features a wooden interior, a spacious seating area with a casual trendy vibe, and large windows and garage doors open in the summer. It also has a beautiful sidewalk and a recently refurbished storefront., making it a wonderful place to relax.
- Crowd Favorite: Fluffy. A super smooth IPA. Murky, gold brew with two inches of tiny bubbles. 7% ABV with lacing left as the head subsides. Pours a slightly hazy bright yellow body with a thick, creamy white head, making it very simple to drink.
- Highly Recommended: Private Eyes.
- Hop-py Note: Vegan options are available. Indoor and outdoor seating. Bike parking. Wheelchair accessible. Dogs allowed. Street parking and private lot parking. Accepts reservations. Offers catering services. Covered patio. Gender-neutral restroom. Wheelchair accessible. Accepts takeout orders. Full bar.
Hours: Open Sun-Wed 11am-9pm, Thur-Sat 11am-10pm
5. Alesong Brewing and Blending Company
We close the list with Alesong Breweries and Blending Company. It was established in 2015 by Doug and Brian Coombs, together with their colleague, veteran brewer Matt Van Wyk. The countryside microbrewery is situated in the Coastal Range Mountains’ foothills, and its downtown tasting room is in the 5th Street Public Market.
On your countryside brewery tour, you will experience panoramic views that will take your breath away. Alesong features high-quality family-style picnic tables outside, bar seating, and dining tables indoors. The 5th Street Public Market Brewery includes a lovely open-air patio. Group rentals and full buyouts of the microbrewery are also available for your Eugene brewery tour.
- Crowd Favorite: Mocha Rhino Suit. A well-balanced stout crafted from layers of rich, creamy heaven hill bourbon barrels, locally roasted Nicaraguan coffee, and Honduran chocolate from local artisans. Vanilla and coconut notes pair with dark cocoa and roasty coffee scents. 12.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Pêche.
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available. Heated outdoor seating. Dogs are allowed. Cocktail-style serving. Serves a variety of vegan options. Wi-Fi. TV. Gender-neutral restrooms. Covered patio. Bicycle parking. Wheelchair accessible. Accepts takeout orders.
Hours: Open Thur-Sun 12pm-6pm, Mon-Wed Closed