Whether it is catching your very first rainbow trout, going on an escapade as you hike through the woods, skiing down the snowy slopes, riding the rapids, or simply being one with nature, Boone, North Carolina, is your perfect weekend getaway.
Besides the rich evolving culture, long but exciting road trips, lush landscapes, and daring experiences, Boone is also known for its few but critically acclaimed craft breweries that will bring you on a whole new adventure. So, buckle your seatbelts and come along as we bring you to these unique breweries that will cap off your Blue Ridge Mountain experience.
1. Appalachian Mountain Brewery
We begin the list with the brewery built on a strong foundation of passion and skills. Appalachian Mountain Brewery was established in 2013 and is known for being the very first new brewery in Boone, NC. With its core beliefs–community, sustainability, and philanthropy–AMB allow its patrons to feel the sincerity and the passion that comes along with every pint of beer. Its place has a casual hipster vibe with a 120-foot outdoor bar and a decently spacious porch that is perfect for relaxation after a long day’s work.
Today, AMB continues with its mission to produce top-of-the-line beers with high hopes to support and enliven the local communities and promote a sustainable brewing process.
- Crowd Favorite: Long Leaf IPA. A classic American IPA inspired by North Carolina’s Long Leaf Pine with citrus and pine aroma and flavor and. 7.1% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Boone Creek Blonde
- Hop-py Note: Heated outdoor seating. Private lot parking spaces for vehicles and bikes. Gender-neutral restrooms. Designated smoking area. Free Wifi. Live band. Dogs are allowed. Offers vegan options and accepts takeout orders.
- Fun fact: AMB helps local farmers by donating used grains as cattle feed as part of their sustainable brewing process.
Hours: Open Daily 12pm – 10pm.
Address: 163 Boone Creek Dr, Boone, NC 28607
2. Booneshine Brewing Company
Booneshine Brewing Company is more than just your typical brewpub. It runs on pure passion and envisions connecting people with the quality craft beer they produce. It offers an inviting full-service tasting room with bar and loft seating, a restaurant, spacious deck seating, and an outdoor area that patrons like for its comfortable and casual vibe.
Aside from Booneshine’s priceless craft beers, you can also have a taste of Boone with the local food truck that offers a variety of local foods to choose from. Indeed, Booneshine lives up to its mission to make the High Country known for great beers, food, and world-class services.
- Crowd Favorite: Space Pegasus. A New England Hazy IPA with 6.3% ABV and a malt profile that is light to the palate.
- Highly Recommended: Tropic Pale Ale
- Hop-py Note: Accepts reservations and takeout orders. Free wifi. Covered outdoor seating. Accessible for the handicapped. Private parking lots. Offers military discount. Child-friendly. Dogs are allowed.
Hours: Open Tues – Thur 11:30am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11: 30am – 11pm, Sun 11:30am – 10pm, Mon Closed.
3. Lost Province Brewing Co.
Lost Province Brewing Company is a family-owned microbrewery and gastropub located in downtown Boone, NC, famous for its innovative and authentic craft beers. The founders, Lynne and Andy, ensure that the business focuses on what it does best while considering its employees, the community, and the environment.
With Lynne’s managerial skills and Andy’s knowledge of beers and chemistry background, Lost Province has become a well-sought brewery among other micro-breweries in Boone, NC.
Now, LPBC provides their guests a trendy, classy, casual vibe in their downtown location. To meet the people’s demands, They opened a new location at Hardin Creek with the same relaxing atmosphere, a production brewery, and a taproom.
- Crowd Favorite: Hipster Juice. A New England Style IPA with 6.6% ABV, intricately brewed with Citra, Mosaic, and El Dorado hops. Citrus, fruity, and earthy.
- Highly Recommended: Lost Province IPA
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Free wifi. Offers Military discounts. Street and private lot parking spaces. Dog-friendly. Handicapped accessible. Outdoor seating. Family-friendly pub.
Hours: Open Thur 5pm – 9pm, Fri 3pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 9pm, Mon – Wed Closed.
Address: 130 N Depot St, Boone, NC 28607
4. Blowing Rock Brewing and Ale House Restaurant
Blowing Rock Brewing and Ale House Restaurant is a 16-minute ride from Boone and is located at the heart of downtown Blowing Rock. It captures the very essence of the High Country lifestyle and turns it into great-tasting beers, ales, and highly sought cuisines. It operates two state-of-the-brewing facilities–one in Hickory and one in Blowing Rock, NC–that support its statewide distributions.
BRB has outdoor patios and indoor seating that simply gives off a sense of warmth and hospitality among the Blue Ridge Mountains. Today, it continues to grow and advocate for sustainability as they make efforts to improve its brewing process and packaging. Blowing Rock Brewing believes that taking care of the environment is one way to take care of what they have started.
- Crowd Favorite: IPA. A full-bodied American IPA with 6.2% ABV. Brewed with Centennial hops for a fresh evergreen, floral, and citrus aroma with hints of caramel.
- Highly Recommended: Cloud Rise Hazy IPA
- Hop-py Note: Plenty of vegan options. Free wifi. Dog-friendly. Open for lunch and dinner. Great for group gatherings. Street parking is available.
- Fun Fact: BRB prioritizes local produce from local farmers and uses 100% recyclable aluminum cans.
Hours: Open Sun, Mon & Wed 11:30am – 9pm, Thur – Sat 11:am – 10pm, Tues Closed.
5. Kettell Beerworks
The last on the list is a 15-mile drive from downtown Boone. Kettell Beerwork sits 3715 above sea level in Banner Elk, NC, serving great flagship beers and bringing friends and family together. Its beers are brewed on-site with the highest quality of ingredients and a state-of-the-art 20-barrel brewing facility. You can ask for the brewhouse tours they offer or have fun in their taproom, where you can just relax with a pint of fresh beer or play various games such as shuffleboards, darts, corn hole, and other arcade games like classic pinball.
You are welcome to bring your own food or order from their all-time favorites like pizzas, wings, pretzels, and other hearty goodies.
- Crowd Favorite: Super Nova IPA. An American IPA with 6.2% ABV. Brewed with low bitterness with hints of citrus, tropical fruits, and the aroma of fresh fruit blossoms.
- Highly Recommended: Crabby Louie
- Hop-py Note: Handicapped accessible. Dogs are welcome. Accepts delivery orders. Offers private lot parking spaces.
Hours: Open Wed – Sat 12pm – 8pm, Sun, Mon & Tues Closed.
Address: 567 Main St E, Banner Elk, NC 28604