Cincinnati is Ohio’s famous riverfront city for its century-old infrastructure and beautiful landscapes. However, aside from its great heritage, the Queen City is also a hotspot for great craft brews as it is surrounded by more than 80 pubs, taprooms, and breweries that began to emerge in the limelight of the city’s beer landscape over the last decade.
To help you pick the right choice that suits your liking, we have come up with a well-curated list of the best breweries in Cincinnati, Ohio, waiting for you to swing by their place and experience an authentic local beer experience.
1. Rhinegeist Brewery
When it comes to the best Cincinnati beer, it is undeniably true that Rhinegeist Brewery is on top of its game. Rhinegeist Brewery is perhaps the most famous brewery in the locale as it is one of the forefathers that played a significant role in the city’s craft beer landscape today. RB is known for its great-tasting IPAs, but it has won the hearts of its loyal customers with its culture-centric brewery and its plethora of beverage choices, from classic ciders to unique sours.
Its taproom is located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati and operates a 760-barrel production facility, one of the largest in town. Its taproom has the usual warehouse indoor space that features a rooftop area with ample spaces, perfect for hanging out with friends during the summer. While you’re in the area, make sure to ask about its brewery tours and share a first-hand brewing experience with an authentic Cincinnati brewery.
- Crowd Favorite: Truth. An American dry IPA with a fruity note of mango, peach, and passion fruit hopped with Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Centennial hops with 7.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Bubbles
- Hop-py Note: Street parking, valet parking, and private lot parking. Accepts reservations. Great for children. Wheelchair accessible. Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Bicycle parking.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-1am, Sun 12pm-9pm
Address: 1910 Elm St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Contact: (513)318-1367 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. MadTree Brewing Co.
MadTree Brewing Company is known for its uniquely unconventional beer that follows no traditional brewing guidelines. It puts great effort and purpose into every barrel it makes and has been driven to serve excellent craft beer, foster meaningful relationships with the community, and build something greater than itself.
Its pub has a spacious, modern indoor space with lots of greens and a spacious beer garden. It has a sizeable bar, a dining hall, and club seating that is perfect for social gatherings. It features gigantic windows that let you see the cityscape and allows you to feel free and relaxed. Today, Madtree consciously participates in environmental movements and commits to donating 1% of its revenues to non-profits focusing on environmental protection and sustainability.
- Crowd Favorite: PsycHOPathy. An American IPA with a distinct fusion of citrus and floral aromas, with 6.9% ABV. A medium-bodied, malty backbone with a slight sweetness and seamless finish.
- Highly Recommended: Lift
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking. Outdoor seating. Offers a variety of vegan choices. Accepts takeout orders. Free WiFi. Great for children. Dog-friendly. Wheelchair accessible. TV. Covered patio, Environment-friendly packaging, and tableware. Electric vehicle charging station is available. Bicycle parking.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri 11am-12am, Sat 10am-12am, Sun 10am-11pm
Address: 3301 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209
Contact: (513)836-8733 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Listermann Brewing Company
Coming in with a close second isn’t just any regular brewery in the city. Listermann Brewing Company is dubbed as one of the best and has the same regard as other world-class breweries like Jackie O’s in Athens and Wolf’s Ridge in Columbus. Like any other giant in the immensely vast beer scene in the country, LBC started as a homebrew shop in 1995, and from its humble beginnings, it opened its first taproom and brewery in 2008 in Evanston.
Today, Listermann operates one of the largest homebrew supply stores in the region and collaborates with other brewing companies in making the best of craft brews. It has a very straightforward taproom with a pretty basic spacious interior that can accommodate surges of customers. A half mile from the brewery is a dedicated taproom called the “Trail House” with a clean and simple design, much like a brew cafe.
- Crowd Favorite: Chickow! A complex Imperial double brown ale with 10% ABV, poured with dark brown color and a thin white head with a distinct aroma and hazelnut and chocolate malt flavor.
- Highly Recommended: Nutcase
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking. Heated outdoor seating. Wheelchair accessible. Accepts takeout orders. Bicycle parking is available.
- Fun fact: Listermann Brewing Company has won multiple consecutive awards from 2014 to 2021, given by numerous award-giving bodies.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 12pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm
Address: 1621 Dana Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45207
Contact: (513)731-1130 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Samuel Adams Cincinnati Taproom
Samuel Adams is a well-known brewery with a rich trailing history and has been brewing for almost three decades. Its Cincinnati Taproom was not established until 2018, yet it has become one of the city’s staples and a key player in the local beer landscape. It is located in the Over-The-Rhine and features a wide array of rotating experimental beers with unconventional styles.
The Cincinnati taproom is one of three locations and has more to offer than just your regular brewery. Its taproom has a very straightforward vibe and a very casual outdoor space. This simplicity ensures that it does not overpower the playful and unique beer flavor it offers that is absolutely off the charts. On top of this incredible experience, you can also ask about the brewery tour it offers to patrons who just cannot get enough and want to go behind the scene.
- Crowd Favorite: OctoberFest. A German-style lager with rich malt character packed with notes of caramel. 5.3% ABV with a very smooth flavor and texture.
- Highly Recommended: Boston Lager
- Hop-py Note: Accepts reservations. Handicapped accessible. Street parking is available. Offers many vegan options. Outdoor seating. Dog-friendly. Accepts takeout orders.
- Fun fact: The founder of Samuel Adams Brewery, Jim Koch, started from a kitchen stovetop without knowing the magnitude of his efforts will pave the way to one of Cincinnati’s staples.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-6pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 1727 Logan St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Contact: (513)412-3300 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Taft’s Brewing Company
Taft’s Brewing Company was established in 2015 and is located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, nestled within the unique and historic wall of St. Paul’s Evangelical Church, which was once the oldest protestant parish in the city, built in 1850. TBC is known for its impressive pours of seasonal and year-round beers and takes pride in the world-class equipment it uses to create its high-quality brews.
Its brewpub downtown has the classic, eclectic vibe brought by the large windows, chandeliers, multilevel seating, and state-of-the-art brewing facility. On the other hand, Taft’s second location, the Brewpourium, has a more casual atmosphere that features a large bar and a more spacious production facility. Both pour the best beers and great grub, leaving beer enthusiasts returning for more.
- Crowd Favorite: Gavel Banger. An award-winning American IPA with 7% ABV, intensely hopped with Mosaic and Citra hops for a juicy and citrus flavor and aroma.
- Highly Recommended: Nellie’s Key Lime Ale
- Hop-py Note: Accepts delivery and takeout orders. Private lot parking. TV. Wheelchair accessible. Free WiFi. Offers catering services. Wheelchair accessible. Serves lunch and dinner. Outdoor seating. Bicycle parking. Child-friendly. Offers plenty of vegetarian options.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11:30am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am-11pm, Sun 11:30am-9pm
Address: 1429 Race St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Contact: (513)334-1393 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Braxton Brewing Company
Braxton Brewing Company is a family-owned brewery that is one of the locals’ classic favorites. With the fusion of long-valued tradition and technology, Braxton was able to dominate the Greater Cincinnati beer landscape with its wide variety of seasonals, limited brews, and year-round beers that have become the locals’ staples.
It has three different locations, but its Covington taproom is a cut above the rest. It is located not far from downtown Cincinnati. This taproom boasts the same authentic Braxton taste and features a classic American taproom vibe. It has a rooftop beer garden that is perfect during hot summer days and transforms into a heated igloo bar that will never disappoint as winter takes over. Today, BB continues to carve its name into the city’s history and strives to break boundaries as it experiments with its brews.
- Crowd Favorite: Tropic Flare. A New England Hazy IPA with 6.8% ABV, packed with aromas of grapefruit, pineapple, and mango, dry-hopped with Citra, Galaxy Mosaic, and IPA hops.
- Highly Recommended: Storm
- Hop-py Note: Street parking. Free WiFi. Great for children. Outdoor seating. Designated smoking area. Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Dogs are allowed. Wheelchair accessible. TV. Bike parking spaces are available. Offer vegetarian alternatives.
Hours: Open Mon 3pm – 9pm, Tues – Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 12am, Sun 11am – 9pm.
Address: 27 W 7th St, Covington, KY 41011
Contact: (859)261-5600 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Fifty West Brewing Company
Fifty West Brewing Company is a full-service brewpub established in 2016, located along Route 50 West, which stretches from Sacramento, California, to Ocean City, Maryland. It is famous for bringing its customers the authentic taste of a true 50-West road trip.
Its taproom is located further east from the heart of Cincinnati, along the banks of Little Miami River, so you are sure of a breathtaking landscape that compliments a cold pint of excellent craft brew. Like its beers, FWBC’s taproom will not disappoint. It has cozy and spacious indoor seating with a very homey atmosphere. The game changer about Fifty West is that on the other side of the street is the Fifty West Production Works, where you can engage in various recreational activities like pickleball, volleyball, cornhole, and other outdoor sports. Indeed, there will be no dull moments during your visit here.
- Crowd Favorite: Coast to Coast. An American IPA brewed to have 6.8% ABV, with a balanced and fruity character of an East Coast-style IPA and dank resin attributes from the West Coast.
- Highly Recommended: Doom Pedal
- Hop-py Note: Private lot parking. Free WiFi. Designated smoking areas. Accepts takeout orders. Wheelchair accessible. Covered patio. Serves lunch and dinner. TV. Outdoor dining. Heated outdoor seating. Child-friendly. Bicycle parking.
- Fun fact: Fifty West Brewing Company is one of the few that promotes outdoor physical activities alongside its great beer selections.
Hours: Open Mon-Sat 11am-12am, Sun 11am-9pm
Address: 7605 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227
Contact: (513)834-8789 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Streetside Brewery
Streetside Brewery is a family-owned business that is one of the few pioneer craft breweries in the local beer scene of Cincinnati. It is known for its original, diverse, and exceptionally great-tasting craft beers and the simple and down-to-earth experience they offer to the community it serves.
Its humble brewpub is nestled along the banks of the Little Miami River within the Columbia-Tusculum, the oldest neighborhood in Cincinnati, with a very casual vibe and aesthetic exterior & interior features. SB takes pride in the breath of new nightlife it gave in the east-end communities in Queen City.
- Crowd Favorite: Suh, Brah? A New England-style hazy IPA with 6.7% ABV, double dry-hopped with Citra and Simcoe hops, packed with flavors of peach and pineapple and dank undertones of citrus and pine.
- Highly Recommended: Return of the Mac
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking. Free WiFi. Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Outdoor seating. Great for children. Serves lunch. Dog-friendly. Wheelchair accessible. Gender-neutral restrooms. TV. Bicycle parking spaces are available.
Hours: Open Mon-Wed 12pm-10pm, Thur& Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 10am-11pm, Sun 10am-9pm
Address: 4003 Eastern Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45226
Contact: (513)615-5877 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Brink Brewing Co.
Brink Brewing Company is a community-oriented micro-brewery established in 2017. It’s known for its significant contribution to the beer landscape of Cincinnati, and its numerous awards from the Great American Brewery Festival held every year.
Brink Brewing has become the neighborhood staple and the keystone of the redevelopment of the College Hill community. It is known for being a go-to spot for gathering and has a hip and laid-back atmosphere that features a large indoor space with wooden indoor seating, a reclaimed-wood bar, and interactive scrabble boards. Finally, BB is more than just awards and accolades hung up on the wall as it participates in and supports Cincinnati non-profit organizations through its program, “Brink For A Cause.”
- Crowd Favorite: Moozie. An award-winning milk stout with 5.7% ABV, brewed to have delectable notes of coffee and rich chocolate that is perfect for anyone’s palate.
- Highly Recommended: Hold the Reins
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking spaces. Wheelchair-accessible facility. Dogs are allowed. Offers a variety of vegetarian alternatives. Bicycle parking spaces are available.
Hours: Open Mon-Wed 3pm-10pm, Thur 3pm-11pm, Fri 1pm-12am, Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-10pm
Address: 5905 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45224
Contact: (513)882-3334 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Mt. Carmel Brewing Company
Mt. Carmel Brewing Company was established in 2005, but we can trace its roots back to the storm cellar of a house built around 1924. IT started from a two-vessel system, and after all the hard work and dedication, it has grown to become a Cincinnati staple, operating a 30-barrel brewhouse and distributing exquisitely hand-crafted beers that are enjoyed all throughout the state of Ohio.
Its brewery is situated in the western county of Appalachia, a neighborhood of Cincinnati. It entices its patrons with its cozy and casual indoor seating and immensely spacious outdoor area that features a small pond, a paved seating area, and many picnic tables. Today, MCBC continues to push beyond the craft beer frontier as it improves its evolving brewing tradition and serves its hearty grubs made from scratch that is perfect for all occasions.
- Crowd Favorite: Amber Ale. An American-style red ale with 6% ABV intricately brewed to have a malty body, balanced hop character, and a perfectly smooth finish.
- Highly Recommended: Nut Brown Ale
- Hop-py Note: Private lot parking. Wheelchair accessible. Heated outdoor seating, Covered patio. Great for children. Offers a variety of vegan choices. Dogs are allowed. Accepts takeout orders. Bicycle parking space is available.
- Fun fact: MCBC has been voted as Cincy Magazine’s “Best of the East” for three consecutive years since 2020.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 12pm-6pm
Address: 4362 Mt Carmel Tobasco Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45244
Contact: (513)240-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. HighGrain Brewing Co.
HighGrain Brewing Company opened its doors to the public in 2019, serving great beers with the best locally sourced foods. Although relatively new to Cincinnati’s local beer landscape HighGrain has proved itself to be worthy of making it through our list with its well-thought concept of sustainable craft beer production that fascinates both casual drinkers and connoisseurs.
Its first pub is located in Silvertone, bringing the locale to the spotlight as the first brewery in the village. To make things simple, HGBC focused on bringing quality to the table while ensuring that everything behind the scene is done sustainably. HighGrain may be the most innovative brewery yet to exist with its idea of using renewable energy for all its processes, from air conditioning to actual beer production. As a mirror of its dedication, HighGrain has a minimalist taproom interior with a full-service kitchen that would not let you down.
- Crowd Favorite: Monarch. A fruity American-style IPA with 6% ABV, generously hopped with Idaho Gem and Citra hops, generously packed with citrus aroma and flavors.
- Highly Recommended: Isar Weiss
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking. Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Serves vegetarian choices. Great for kids. Free WiFi. Dog-friendly. Wheelchair accessible. Covered patio. Heated outdoor seating. TV. Environmental friendly packaging. Bicycle parking. Electric car charging station is available.
- Fun fact: HighGrain Brewing Company uses geothermal, solar, and wind energy in their craft beer production process.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm-10pm, Fri 12pm-11pm, Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-9pm
Address: 6860 Plainfield Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Contact: (513)791-7000 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
12. Nine Giant Brewing
Nine Giant Brewing is a family-owned brewery that has been one of the critical players in Cincinnati’s beer landscape since it was established in 2016. It takes full pride in its locally sourced ingredients, award-winning artisanal beers, and its grubs made exclusively from scratch.
Its cozy taproom is nestled within the Pleasant Ridge neighborhood and is packed with a classic hipster vibe. It offers ten rotating taps every day and can house up to 70 people. To cope with its growing popularity, it has made conscious efforts to improve its menus and opened its Fermetorium just around the corner. This paved the way for a dedicated taproom specializing in small-batch, barrel-aged beers and a few cocktail mixes that hit the spot.
- Crowd Favorite: Save Ferris. A Berliner Weisse-style sour with 4.7% ABV packed with distinct aromas and flavors of orange and cranberry.
- Highly Recommended: Uptown Avondale
- Hop-py Note: Child-friendly. Serves a variety of vegan options. Street parking. TV. Wheelchair accessible. Serves dinner. Free WiFi. Bicycle parking. Provides non-disposable tableware. Outdoor seating.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 11:30am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am-11pm, Sun 11:30am-9pm, Mon Closed
Address: 6095 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45213
Contact: (513)366-4550 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
13. Fibonacci Brewing Company
Fibonacci Brewing Company is a proud nano brewery that began its operations in 2015 and has built its unique distinction among dozens of breweries in Cincinnati with its best quality craft beer choices. Its production mainly revolves around non-traditional brews and unconventional hybrid beers that suit anyone’s palate.
FBC’s one-of-a-kind brewery is nestled in the scenic urban neighborhood of Mt. Healthy, where it takes pride in operating its own urban farm where it sources almost all of its ingredients. It adapts the sustainable concept of farm-to-tap production and keeps the whole place running with its trusty 1-barrel brewhouse. Aside from being a great local hangout spot, FBC also has its on-site Airbnb, which is perfect if you want to stick around and explore the area. Other than uniquely great-tasting beers, you can also enjoy its handcrafted ciders, seltzers, mead, and wine in its simple yet inviting place.
- Crowd Favorite: Tollhouse. An American-style stout that pours a dark color and moderate bitterness with 7.9% ABV, packed with the flavor and aroma of roasted coffee and chocolate.
- Highly Recommended: Earth Daisy
- Hop-py Note: Private lot parking and street parking. Heated outdoor seating. Covered patio. Accepts takeout orders. Child-friendly atmosphere. Wheelchair accessible. Offers vegan options. Gender-neutral restrooms. Drive-thru. Bicycle parking is available.
- Fun fact: Fibonacci Brewing Company has an urban farm that sources its ingredients.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 5pm-10pm, Fri 3pm-10pm, Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 12pm-8pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 1445 Compton Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45231
Contact: (513)832-1422 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
14. Humble Monk Brewing Co.
Humble Monk Brewing Company is a family-run local microbrewery that opened in 2019 and is famous for its plethora of delicious and high-quality craft beers with an authentic Belgian influence.
Its inviting and homey taproom is located in Northside, and it features a cozy cafe vibe that is perfect for night-outs, dates, and even family dining. It has more than eight taps, and you can have a pint or two outside its decently spacious beer garden. The best thing about HMBC is that you can order any NYPD pizza free of any delivery charges. On top of it all, Humble Monk host various events like food festivals, trivia nights, and even your own social gathering.
- Crowd Favorite: Haze Goggles. A lightly creamy New England hazy IPA with 6.9% ABV, with flavors of melon and citrus notes with a lactose finish.
- Highly Recommended: Pancake Porter
- Hop-py Note: Private lot parking, Wheelchair accessible facility. Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Offers vegan choices. Bicycle parking is available. Dog-friendly.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm-8pm, Fri 4pm-11pm, Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 1pm-7pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 1641 Blue Rock St, Cincinnati, OH 45223
Contact: (513)510-4615 | Facebook | Instagram | Website