Welcome to Sunshine City! St. Petersburg, Florida, is a historic city on Florida’s Gulf Coast. While this vibrant city is known for its beautiful beaches, world-class museums, and fresh seafood, St. Pete is also famous for its rich beer history, talented brewmasters, and unique craft beer styles making it one of Gulp Coast’s regions.
Currently, there are 17 craft breweries in St. Petersburg, Florida. St. Pete definitely has something for everyone with a solid local brewery scene and creative breweries focusing on wild ales and barrel-aged beers to breweries producing world-class sours and farmhouse styles. So, if you’re up for some hoppy weekend adventure, let’s check out the Best Breweries in St. Petersburg, Florida.
1. 3 Daughters Brewing
Time flies when you’re having fun and a cold pint of fresh, innovative, amazingly delicious beers at 3 Daughters Brewing. This locally cultivated brewery has a spacious, modern tasting room that opens to a sizeable warehouse-themed seating area. Featuring various games, live music, and exciting events, this family-friendly brewery is your ideal place to unwind and enjoy local brews with your friends and loved ones. For hungry patrons and visitors, let 3 Daughters Brewing’s own food truck delight you with its satisfying grub.
- Crowd Favorite: Beach Blonde Ale, a light and refreshing blonde ale perfect for St. Pete’s warm weather. 5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Bimini Twist IPA, an American IPA with 7%ABV
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11:30am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–12am, Sun 11:30am–8pm.
Address: 222 22nd St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Contact: (727) 492-6002 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Cage Brewing
It’s all about variety! Cage Brewing is a micro brewery that has done a great job setting itself apart with an atmosphere that’s fun, inviting, and unique. This alien invasion-themed brewery has two tap rooms and an area with plenty of things for patrons to enjoy, such as pinball machines, old-school video games, a foosball table, and corn holes. If your idea of fun is hanging out with your family and friends while enjoying a pint of unique-tasting craft brews, Cage Brewing’s festive atmosphere is perfect for you.
- Crowd Favorite: Mango Bob’s, an IPA with fruity mango taste tipping at 7% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Static, a fruity IPA with 6.7% ABV
- Fun Fact: It wouldn’t take long to figure out where the name Cage Brewing came from, but the background story is worth asking about.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm–11pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–12am, Sun 12pm–8pm.
Address: 2001 1st Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Contact: (727) 201-4278 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Grand Central Brewhouse
Are you up for a great craft beer experience? Grand Central Brewhouse features state-of-the-art European-style taps, which enables them to serve the freshest and tastiest craft beers. With two stories, this micro brewery has a massive taproom, al fresco beer garden, an event space, entertaining games, and a chill atmosphere for everyone. So whether you want to celebrate with your family and friends or just cool down, Grand Central Brewhouse is a memorable experience. And did we mention that their house favorites are filling and perfect pairs for your craft beers?
- Crowd Favorite: Vandelay Industries, a drinkable Vienna lager with a smooth finish at 6% ABV.
- High Recommended: Peninsular, a refreshing German pilsner.
- Fun Fact: Grand Central Brewhouse gives back to the community by donating 15% of their beer sales to different charities.
Hours: Open Sun-Wed 12pm–10pm, Thur-Sat 12pm–12am.
Address: 2340 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Contact: (727) 202-6071 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Overflow Brewing Company
Fulfilling the dream of local craft beer and Lego lovers. Overflow Brewing Company is a new brewery that offers fun, and innovative craft beers served straight from their colorful taps made from Lego pieces. This new brewery has a taproom with two different sections. One side is for people who love bar games and sports TV, while the other is an area for socialization. Aside from games like ping pong, foosball, shuffleboard, pool, and darts, you’ll also enjoy local artwork throughout the establishment. From its dog-friendly environment to its award-winning beers, this brewery is a must-visit amongst downtown St. Petersburg breweries.
- Crowd Favorite: Origami Aircrafts, a light, fruity Berliner Weisse infused with tea. 5.6% ABV.
- Highly- Recommended: Going Green, a sour Gose tipping at 5% ABV.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm–8pm, Fri 3pm-11pm, Sat 12pm–11pm, Sun 12pm-8pm.
Address: 770 1st Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Contact: (727) 914-0665 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. St. Pete Brewing Co.
Let its name speak for itself. St. Pete Brewing Co. is everything the city is known for: refreshing beer, fantastic food, and an easygoing ambiance. Located in historic downtown, this award-winning micro brewery has a cozy tasting room which is a perfect spot to watch brewers in action as you relax and sample all of their signature craft brews. With outdoor seating, tasty American food fare, and games, St. Pete Brewing is the perfect place to treat your family and friends, including your doggo, to a St. Petersburg brewing experience.
- Crowd Favorite: St. Pete Orange Wheat, a thirst-quenching wheat beer with a crisp taste and aroma. 4.7% ABV
- Highly Recommended: It’s easy to look for your favorite beer in St. Pete Brewing. Just order a flight of six or ten different beers of any size.
Hours: Open Daily 12pm-12am.
Address: 544 1st Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Contact: (727) 623-4837 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Green Bench Brewing Co.
The first and the finest brewery in St. Petersburg. What started as a hobby and an idea of creating craft beers that will best represent St. Pete has now evolved into a business of passion. Named after the green benches that lined the downtown area back in the 1900s, Green Bench Brewing Co. has become a venue for gatherings, socialization, and tasting unique brews over the years. So, if you’re looking for a brewery that makes some of the best IPAs in the country, has a friendly atmosphere, spacious taproom, and a Biergarten, Green Bench Brewing won’t disappoint you.
- Crowd Favorite: Sunshine City IPA, a hoppy American IPA with an intensely tropical profile at 6.8% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Green Bench IPA, an IPA with a dry and bitter finish
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 12pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-10pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 1133 Baum Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Contact: (727) 800-9836 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Pinellas Ale Works Brewery
A PAWesome brewery for everyone. Pinellas Ale Works Brewery, better known as PAW, is a dog-themed brewery that will satisfy your craft beer cravings as your pup gets a royal treatment. There are plenty of water bowls, doggy treats, and tasty pretzels for your dogs to enjoy. And, of course, they have at least twenty award-winning craft brews on tap that will thrill your taste buds.
- Crowd Favorite: Milk Bone Stout, an award-winning yummy milk stout with hints of chocolate and toffee. 5% ABV
- Fun Fact: They have a picture-worthy outdoor patio adorned with cute lights and beautiful works of art perfect for taking pictures with your friends, family, and dogs.
- Hop-py Note: Pinellas Ale Works holds various events to raise money for local animal charities.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-8pm.
Address: 1962 1st Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Contact: (727) 235-0970 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Dissent Craft Brewing
An out-of-this-world craft beer experience. Dissent Craft Brewery is a local craft brewery focused on creating provocative craft beers and outspoken ales using Art and Science. But if you’re not a beer fan, there is nothing to worry about. That’s because Dissent Craft Brewing doesn’t only serve unique craft beers on tap but also includes surprisingly delightful cocktails for everyone. It may have a simple design, but patrons and visitors love the lively and friendly atmosphere it exudes.
- Crowd Favorite: Hazy Mangover, a mango-flavored American IPA with hints of habanero peppers tipping at 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Blueberry Marshmallow Berliner Weisse, a yummy fusion of marshmallows and blueberries.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-6pm.
Address: 5518 Haines Rd N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
Contact: (727) 827-7129 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Cycle Brewing
Pedal your way to world-renowned craft brews. Cycle Brewing is a bike-centric brewery located in downtown St. Petersburg. Since it opened nine years ago, Cycle Brewing has been on every craft beer enthusiast’s radar. Cycle Brewing’s cozy taproom is enough of an attraction to draw in craft beer drinkers from all over the country, but what keeps them coming back is the solid barrel-aged stouts, highly sought-after bottles, and bottle releases.
- Crowd Favorite: Crank, a boozy American IPA with hoppy Citra tipping at 7% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Cream and Sugar,Please, dark yet sweet coffee porter at 4.9% ABV
- Hop-py Note: Cycle Brewing annually releases “Weekday Beer Set,” which tends to sell out fast, so you better get a hold of a bottle or two if you get the chance.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-9pm.
Address: 534 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Contact: (727) 220-9448 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Right Around The Corner- Arcade Brewery
Enjoy the best of both worlds. Hop into a world where solid craft brews meet timeless arcade games. Right Around The Corner is a new brewery destination for “literally” the whole family. It has plenty of old-school arcade games to keep your young ones entertained while you sample great brews on tap, mainly consisting of Right Around The Corner craft beers and other local brews. And to cap your arcade-brewery experience in St. Pete, challenge your buddies to a round of pub games and order from its comfort-food menu.
- Crowd Favorite: Tiffany’s Melons, an American wheat beer with all the watermelon goodness. 5.5% ABV
- Hoppy Note: Right Around The Corner Arcade Brewery is super kid-friendly, but kids are only allowed till 9 PM.
Hours: Open Tue & Wed 5pm-10pm, Thur 4pm-10pm, Fri 2pm-12am, Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-10pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 2244 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Contact: (813) 360-0766 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. Bayboro Brewing Company
Bringing family and community together, Bayboro Brewing Company is a new brewery for craft beer lovers and anyone who wants to hop on a craft beer adventure. As a family-oriented brewery, Bayboro takes pride in being an avenue for adults and kids to bond over drinks. Sit back and indulge in every drop of Bayboro’s distinctive award-winning brews as your kids taste test and learn how to create lemonades alongside a master brewer! Whether you’re looking to spend a weekend of entertaining events with your family or want to cool down with friends, let Bayboro serve you satisfying gastropub fare in their welcoming spaces.
- Crowd Favorite: Teufel Hunder, a smooth drinking milk stout with lots of peanut butter and chocolate flavors. 6.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Full-Bird, a hoppy American IPA. 6.75% ABV
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 4pm-9pm, Fri 1pm-11pm, Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-9pm.
Address: 2390 5th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Contact: (727) 767-9666 | Facebook | Instagram | Website