If you’re looking for the best craft beer in Rochester, Minnesota, our list of the five best breweries will help you plan an unforgettable trip. Rochester not only stands out for its famous Mayo Clinic, architectural gems, and outdoor adventures, but it is also home to some of the best craft breweries in Minnesota.
Here’s our list of the best Rochester craft breweries:
1. Forager Brewery
Forager Brewery is a place to visit if you’re looking for authentic Rochester taste (both beer and food). It is a family-friendly restaurant and taproom with an outdoor patio where you can sip on your drink while basking in the sun. With the community in mind, they serve creative craft beer and vibrant dishes locally produced by the local farmers in the region. They offer constantly rotating beers almost every week so that you can taste different flavors every visit. The menu list is so creative as it is made from foraged ingredients such as wild mushrooms, herbs, flowers, and more. Weekly-themed events and live music make this brewery a place you shouldn’t miss.
- Crowd Favorite: Pudding Googles, Porter, 10.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Sherpa’s Survival Kit, Stout, 8.5% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Forager Brew hosts an annual Foragefest, a music and beer festival where the beer will pour from 10 am until it last.
Hours: Open Daily 11am – 10pm.
Address: 1005 6th St NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Contact: (507) 258-7490 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Little Thistle Brewery
Little Thistle is a 2-acre microbrewery that produces approachable and locally sourced beers. Once a truck loading dock, this brewery aims to create a place for locals and foreigners and bring the community together as they offer games, (shuffleboard tables, Nintendo, an arcade) and other entertainment to enjoy. The taproom provides fantastic crafted beers in various offerings, from lagers to porters, and is located near Cascade and Douglas Trail making it a favorite stopover for cyclists and adventurers. So, bring your crew and visit the game rooms or relax in the beer garden, giving a little bit of everything all breweries could offer!
- Crowd Favorite: The Wetlands DDH, IPA, 5.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Brave Woman, Ale, 5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Little Thistle does not serve food, but you are allowed to bring your food or order at their neighboring restaurants.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s name refers to a flowering plant with a sharp prickle, also Scotland’s national emblem.
Hours: Open Mon 3pm – 8pm, Thue – Thur 3pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 7pm.
Address: 2031 14th St NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Contact: (507)226-8014 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Thesis Beer Project
Founded in 2019, Thesis Beer Project is a new addition to Rochester’s growing craft beer scene. This brewery serves exceptional rotating beers from hazy IPA, golden ale, lager, sour and stout, which are available on tap and to-go. With food trucks always available on their patio, live music, and other exciting events, the Thesis Brewing is a perfect place to hang out. They also accept show bookings and a stage for live music if you love to perform.
- Crowd Favorite: Thesis Pieces, Ale, 5.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Tuba Nanas, Wheat Beer, 5.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: The thesis seating policy is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Hours: Open Thue – Thur 3pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 7pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 1929 2nd St SW, Rochester, MN 55902
Contact: (507)206-3283 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Kinney Creek Brewery
Kinney Creek is the first microbrewery in Rochester since Prohibition. Boasting 25 flavors of hard seltzers available on any day, they have become the “beer and hard seltzer destination” in Minnesota. This brewery has been producing a range of low alcohol IPA (LIPA), lighter ales, hoppy beers, sours, and porters, all freshly brewed in small batches. When visiting their taproom, you’ll find root beers, kombucha, and other non-alcoholic drinks, with flavors and tastes you love!
- Crowd Favorite: Sunny Days Light Ale, 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Yellow Jacket IPA, 8.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Kinney Creek allows you to bring your food to the taproom.
- Fun Fact: Kinney Creek Brewery is the first Rochester brewery to offer customers the opportunity to order their pizza and hegges!
Hours: Open Sun – Tues 12pm – 8pm, Wed & Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am.
Address: 1016 7th St NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Contact: (507) 282-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. LTS Brewing Company
With a mission to provide a happy place not just for beer lovers but for the entire community, LTS Brewing Company delivers creative, tasty brews and comfortable spaces. You can lounge on their dog-friendly heated outdoor patio with a view of the Rochester skyline while sipping a cold beer during nice weather or play yard games with your friends just behind their bar. Aside from beer, they also take pride in their handcrafted pizza and refreshing in-house craft soda! Bring home and enjoy anywhere the LTS brews by purchasing to-go growlers and crowlers.
- Crowd Favorite: Inspiration IPA, 6.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Fun, Belgian Blonde, 6.9% ABV.
- Fun Fact: LTS stands for “Life’s Too Short,” which also became the brewery’s motto.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 3pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 2001 32nd Ave NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Contact: (507)226-8280 | Facebook | Instagram | Website