Although recognized as the oldest capital in the US, Santa Fe is never behind the trend of exciting activities. You can visit the city’s historical sites, experience the Native American Feast Day, or, much more excitingly, hop on the best breweries operating in Santa Fe.
As you drink your pint of cold beer here, it is impossible not to taste the rich history, tradition, and culture of the city. So grab a seat, and let us tour you to your next drinking location favorites!
1. Santa Fe Brewing Company
Serving beers for more than 30 years, Santa Fe is the city’s original brewery. As it grows larger and larger, Santa Fe becomes more conscious of its sustainability. With this, the brewery used state-of-the-art wastewater treatment systems and installed an 18-kilowatt solar panel system. It also opted to use cans rather than bottles as they were more recyclable.
Santa Fe currently has six locations serving 12 year-round premium beers and 3 seasonals, along with a wide selection of ciders, wines, and seltzers. All of its taprooms have lovely indoor and outdoor seating where you can relax while munching a large array of food varying on each location.
- Crowd Favorite: Happy Camper IPA. A well-balanced, spicy, and citric American IPA with 6.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Java Stout
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Fun games. Live music. Sells merchandise.
Hours: Open Mon & Tue 11:30am-9pm, Wed-Fri 11:30m–10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-9pm
Address: 35 Fire Pl, Santa Fe, NM 87508
2. Rowley Farmhouse Ales
Famous for its farm-to-table serving, Rowley is a small, independently-owned brewery. It focuses on crafting rustic farmhouses and sour ales using mixed culture fermentation. From this outstanding method, one of Rowley’s beers, Germophile, won silver at the 2018 Great American Beer Festival.
Besides Rowley’s 22 draft beers, 7 bottled beers on-site, and 9 cans to-go, you can also taste an extensive draft and bottle list of beers from New Mexico and around the world. Pair them with delicious and guaranteed fresh meals from Rowley’s in-house kitchen, and your drinking experience will surely be a day to remember.
- Crowd Favorite: Germophile. A dry and tarty Berlin-style Weissebier sour with 5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Fields of Rye
- Hop-py Note: Family and dog-friendly. Sells merchandise.
- Fun Fact: After experiencing three constant robberies, Rowley decided to transition into a completely cashless business. You can pay via credit, debit, gift cards, and digital wallets.
Hours: Open Daily 11:30am-9pm
Address: 1405 Maclovia St, Santa Fe, NM 87505
3. Leaf & Hive Brew Lab
If you’re looking for something new to drink, you should try Leaf & Hive’s alcoholic teas and special drinks. The idea of brothers Fred and Andrew to offer something unique from the market created honey-based beers and healthy probiotic beverages. They use authentic Jun culture in brewing, an old culture similar to kombucha that is proven for potent healing qualities.
Leaf & Hive is praised for its perfectly balanced sweet, sour, and light beers and for having a welcoming-vibe taproom and friendly staff. However, if you can’t stay to experience the ambiance in the brewery, to-go bottles are always readily available. Too bad, though, you’re gonna miss Leaf & Hive’s patron favorite wild music party.
- Crowd Favorite: Original Honeybrew. A sweet kombucha-like beer with a 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Lavender Lemongrass Honeybrew
- Hop-py Note: Karaoke and comedy nights. Curbside pickup. Silent disco. Dog-friendly.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 4pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 2pm-12am, Sun 2pm-8pm, Mon Closed
4. Beer Creek Brewing Company
Beer Creek is a brewery that crafts drinkable beer to be a place where people can easily drink their beers and have a great laugh with good-hearted people. Beer Creek is also a community-driven establishment that is committed to giving back to the people of Santa Fe by only using ingredients from local farms.
Beer Creek is proud of its high-quality pizza at a pocket-friendly price. It crafts this delicious fare with premium ingredients from the locality, and the staff makes sure the pizza is delivered hot and fresh from the oven to your table.
- Crowd Favorite: Tres Amigos Pale Ale. A well-balanced American pale ale with 5.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Picture Rock Porter
- Hop-py Note: Private lot parking. Wheelchair accessible. Live music
- Fun Fact: Beer Creek is located near the Turquoise Trail, which is a National Scenic Byway that connects to the famous ghost towns of New Mexico.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 11:30am-8pm, Mon Closed
Address: 3810 NM-14, Santa Fe, NM 87508
5. Tumbleroot Brewery & Distillery
Established in 2018, Tumbleroot operates as a combined brewery and distillery, crafting the most delectable beers, spirits, and canned cocktails. These one-of-a-kind beverages are brewed using organic, garden-grown, and wild-harvested ingredients in the brewery’s 10-barrel brew house.
Tumbleroot currently has two locations around New Mexico, and its flagship branch is in Agua Fria Street, the renowned Club Alegria. The location features a large indoor venue with a stage and dance floor and an expansive courtyard outside seating. Besides its famous drinks, classic pub-style foods are also available for you to enjoy.
- Crowd Favorite: Honey Double. A refreshing Imperial IPA with 8.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Honey Hibiscus Wheat
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Comedy nights. Kid-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Many of Tumbleroot’s beers won awards in the Great American Beer Festival and National Honey Board Honey Beer Competition.
Hours: Winter Hours- Open for Events Only, Please Check Events Calendar for Hours
6. Chile Line Brewery
Chile Line was established in 2016, and since then, it has never stopped serving the most irresistible beers, foods, and cocktails. You will be amazed by its set of innovative lagers, IPAs, and chili beers that are the flagships patrons line up for.
Chile Line partnered with Lino’s Trattoria and Pizzeria, living up to its mission to give its customers a smile with every bite and sip. Northern Italian cuisine and hot, overloaded pizza will delight you in your drinking session. Staying on Chile Line’s gorgeous patio is highly recommended by beer drinkers.
- Crowd Favorite: Que Picante. A smoky and spicy chili beer with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Como Pica
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Karaoke nights. Comedy nights. Dog-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Chile Line’s beers are brewed using indigenous New Mexican ingredients.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 4pm-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 2pm-1:30am, Sun 2pm-9:30pm