Just like how the city of Lansing keeps growing, its craft beer scene is also developing as days go by. Whether you prefer having beer alone or want to munch on something while drinking, Lansing has the best breweries and tasting rooms serving fresh beers and food items you should check out! So if you are having a beer tour in Michigan, visit Lansing and check its local breweries, as all of them have unique brews to offer!
1. Lansing Brewing Company
Over a century ago, Lansing Brewing Company was established and it is among the very first breweries to serve the people of Michigan. The brewery provides delicious and cold craft beers to the laborers and tradesmen building the city of Lansing. And, as Lansing Brewing continuously delivered and crafted a variety of beer styles, they were able to create Amber Cream Ale, the beer that made them known to the locals.
Today, you can find Lansing Brewing in the heart of the Stadium District, serving tasty brews and hearty meals. And it also accommodates private events, so if you have an important event coming up, you can book Lansing Brewing to host it for you.
- Crowd Favorite: Amber Cream Ale. A smooth and refreshing cream ale with 5.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Angry Mayor
- Hop-py note: Indoor and outdoor seating. Offers takeout and delivery. Occasional Events. Live music.
- Fun Fact: Lansing Brewing hosts an Industry Night every Sunday where people that work in the hospitality industry can get a 25% discount on all of its beers and appetizers.
Hours: Open Daily 12pm-11pm
Address: 518 E Shiawassee St, Lansing, MI 48912
Contact: 517-371-2600 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Ellison Brewery + Spirits
If you fancy handcrafted beers and spirits, you should not miss Ellison Brewery. It is a brewery converted from an old warehouse in 2015 and has now turned into a nice, spacious clubhouse with a full bar serving fresh beers. Additionally, the people behind this brewery are always eager to come up with new and unique formulas; thus, they never fail to craft out-of-the-box brews that are not hard to love.
Ellison Brewery features innovative beers, wines, and spirits that were perfected locally. And aside from its beverages, you can also order delicious food items such as tacos and burgers to fill your tummy.
- Crowd Favorite: Tiramisu Stout. A tasty coffee stout with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Crescent Fresh
- Hop-py note: Indoor and outdoor seating. Wheelchair accessible. Private lot parking.
- Fun Fact: Ellison’s products are available across 700 stores in the state of Michigan.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 4pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 12pm-8pm, Mon Closed
Address: 4903 Dawn Ave, East Lansing, MI 48823
Contact: 517-203-5498 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Old Nation Brewing Co.
Just 20 minutes from Lansing, Old Nation Brewing is a regional brewery in Williamston that provides its patrons with quality and extraordinary beers. Through its innovative brews, gaining new followers is a daily occurrence at Old Nation. And the cuisine it serves is also given the same amount of attention as its beers because the perfect combination of excellent beer and delicious food makes this a great brewery.
- Crowd Favorite: M-43 N.E. India Pale. A hazy IPA packed with four different hops and lots of tropical notes. 6.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Boss Tweed
- Hop-py note: Kid-friendly. Wheelchair accessible. Private lot parking.
- Fun Fact: Old Nation’s M-43 beer is ranked as one of the 10 best beers in Michigan by Beer Advocate.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 3pm-7pm, Fri 3pm-8pm, Sat 11am-8pm, Sun 11am-7pm, Mon Closed
Address: 1500 E Grand River Ave, Williamston, MI 48895
Contact: 517-655-1301 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Midtown Brewing
Nestled in the downtown area of Lansing, Midtown Brewing is a locally owned brewery that crafts small batches of beers. Its taproom features around 46 taps, 10 are its crafts, and the remaining 36 are a mix of beers, mead, and ciders from other well-known Michigan breweries. Moreover, the brewery also serves as a full-time restaurant serving hearty meals and light bites for its customers. You can bring your little ones, as Midtown offers a light, kid brunch menu.
- Crowd Favorite: Nugget. A hoppy American IPA with 6.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: American Stout
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly patio. Vegetarian options. Kid-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Midtown was formerly known as Michigan Brewing Company before a change of ownership.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-4pm
Address: 402 S Washington Square, Lansing, MI 48933
Contact: 517-977-1349 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
If you are into trying award-winning beers, you should definitely check out BJ’s brewhouse in the Eastwood Towne Center. Here, you can find eleven of BJ’s top-rated beers on tap daily, as well as it’s signature deep dish pizza and original wings. Moreover, come during its happy hour specials so you can get to try its most-famous Pizzokie, a huge and gooey chocolate chip cookie served in a small pan with an ice cream topping.
- Crowd Favorite: HopStorm® IPA. A hoppy American IPA with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Jeremiah Red®
- Hop-py note: Offers takeout. Free Wi-Fi. Private lot parking.
- Fun Fact: BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse is among the biggest restaurant-brewery chain in the United States, serving its handcraft beers and gourmet food across 29 states.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri & Sat 11am-12pm
Address: 2515 Lake Lansing Rd, Lansing, MI 48912
Contact: 517-246-0010 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. EagleMonk Pub and Brewery
Founded in 2015, EagleMonk is a humble microbrewery in Lansing owned by Dan and Sonia. It is a local favorite that serves fantastic beers, ciders, and special barrel-aged brews. The brewery also serves tasty food items such as paninis and pizzas, as well as vegetarian appetizers and snacks.
EagleMonk features monthly events and live music and hangs several artworks of local artists on its walls. Moreover, you can come on game nights whenever Michigan State Spartans have a match as they will play it on its big screen TV and offer discounted beers during the game.
- Crowd Favorite: Red Eye Rye. A hoppy and malty Rye beer with 5.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Delta Porter
- Hop-py note: Indoor and outdoor seating. Bike parking.
- Fun Fact: EagleMonk has hundreds of mugs hanging on its ceilings. These mugs are made by local artists and are exclusively owned by the members of the brewery’s mug club.
Hours: Open Tue-Fri 3pm-10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-9pm, Mon Closed
Address: 4906 W Mt Hope Hwy, Lansing, MI 48917
Contact: 517-708-7350 | Facebook | Website
7. Ozone’s Brewhouse
Ozone’s Brewhouse is a father-son-owned brewery founded in 2016 in the Old Town neighborhood. The founders, Dan and Kyle, have 40 years of combined brewing experience and proven skills to brew tasty and quality beers. Additionally, they share the same passion for crafting unique barrel-aged and true-to-style beers making the beer selection at Ozone’s ever-changing.
Ozone’s Brewhouse features a spacious beer garden and a full bar showcasing its rotating taps of twelve beers. Moreover, the brewery also has its own food truck called Fire Food, where you can order pizza, salad, sandwiches, and a dessert for a sweet finish.
- Crowd Favorite: Kryptonale. A tasty American amber ale with tart cherries and vanilla beans. 5.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Master of Shadows
- Hop-py note: Street and bike parking. Wheelchair accessible. Limited vegetarian options.
- Fun Fact: Ozone’s Brewery is the number one Soccer Bar in Lansing, opening early and staying late whenever there’s a match.
Hours: Open Mon 5pm-10pm, Tue-Thur 3pm-10pm, Fri 3pm-11pm, Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-9pm
Address: 305 Beaver St, Lansing, MI 48906
Contact: 517-999-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website