Reward yourself with the flavors of award-winning craft beers without the expense of going to a large, distant metropolis. Springfield is one of the best cities you can visit in Missouri for a beautiful beer experience. Enjoy a fun beer tour while discovering the many different microbreweries in the neighborhood.
The Springfield breweries are housed in a wide array of one-of-a-kind structures and sites, including an old grain company and a former fire station. In addition, each brewery has its interior design style and unique craft beers that you can’t find anywhere else.
Come and visit Springfield to taste some award-winning beers from the best breweries in town!
1. Springfield Brewing Company
Springfield Brewing Company is the oldest and first brewery in Springfield, Missouri. Despite the pandemic, SBC continues to move forward with its business. While other breweries are struggling with the worldwide issue, this 25-year-old brewery kept fighting and brainstorming ideas to keep the business running. With BrewCo, the restaurant of SBC, the company’s sales, and standing is stable despite the hardships the pandemic brought them.
SBC is located in the heart of downtown, so you can conveniently stop by their place and have a taste of their all-time favorites and award-winning beers that won multiple awards in the World Beer Cup and the Great American Beer Festival in multiple years.
Additionally, SBC’s new concept, “The Cellar,” delivers far more than just beer. When the Cellar opened in Springfield, it brought live music, a shared meal menu, and an extensive cocktail list. It made SBC more known to the public and surrounding areas.
- Crowd Favorite: Greene Ghost. A citrusy, piney American IPA with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Paul’s Pale Ale
- Hop-py note: Family-friendly. Street, bike, and private lot parking. Free Wi-Fi. Outdoor seating.
- Fun Fact: The two-story building of SBC was built in 1910 and was known as Newton Grain Company before becoming a brewery in 1997.
Hours: Open Mon – Thu: 11am – 9pm，Fri: 11am – 10pm, Sat: 9am-10pm, Sun: 9am – 9pm.
Address: 305 S Market Ave, Springfield, MO 65806
Contact: (417) 832-8277 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Mothers Brewing Company
Mother’s Brewing is the largest independent brewery and one of the oldest breweries in Springfield. Jeff, the founder, is an entrepreneur that envisions a successful brewery that gives back to its people and community. Thus, he established Mother’s Brewing with his passion for brewing infused with the core values of his mother.
Today, Mother’s Brewing is one of the best breweries you can find in the city. They craft beers from light to heavy while ensuring they cater to everyone’s preferences. This microbrewery also holds a yearly Mother’s Day Fest and Oktoberfest in their backyard. People can watch live band performances, enjoy quality craft beers, and create the best memories.
- Crowd Favorite: Winter Grind. A rich and roast coffee stout with 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Lil’ Helper
- Hop-py note: Food trucks on-site. Kid-friendly. Street parking. Live music. Dog-friendly.
- Fun Fact: It took Jeff two and a half years to complete everything he needed to open Mother’s Brewing.
Hours: Open Sun–Thu: 2pm–8pm，Fri & Sat: 2pm – 12am.
Address: 215 S Grant Ave, Springfield, MO 65806
Contact: (417) 862-0423 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Hold Fast Brewing
Hold Fast Brewing is a family-owned brewery founded by two sisters, Carol and Susan Mcleod. The brewery is the fruit of their courage, hard work, and passion for crafting out-of-the-box brews. The two founders believe that beer brings people together, so they built a community-driven brewery that upholds a great sense of respect toward the brewing industry.
Today, Hold Fast brewing is located in the old Fire Station #1. The atmosphere is fun and lively because of the on-site food trucks, live music, and a great selection of cold beer.
- Crowd Favorite: Boondock Brown. A chocolatey and robust Brown Ale with 4.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Trafficway IPA
- Hop-py note: Private lot parking. Dog-friendly. Wheelchair Accessible. Outdoor seating.
- Fun fact: Hold Fast Brewing was established in honor of the father of Susan and Carol McLeod and his legacy in the industry.
Hours: Open Mon–Thu: 3pm–9pm，Fri & Sat: 12pm – 11pm, Sun: 11am-7pm.
Address: 235 N Kimbrough Ave, Springfield, MO 65806
Contact: (417) 761-2318 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Tie & Timber Beer Co.
Tie & Timber is a community-driven, independent craft brewery that focuses on producing premium and fresh beer. The rich history of Tie & Timber can be traced back to its humble beginning, not as a brewery but as a lumberyard in 1918. Later on, Jen Leonard and Curtis Marshall saw great potential in craft breweries, and from then, they have become known for the place’s creative and traditional brews together with great local music.
Tie & Timber creates an environment where its customers can put their worries aside and enjoy the companionship of those around them. It is the perfect place to chill, socialize, and enjoy a cold beer. Additionally, you can bring your food to its taproom or beautiful beer garden if you wish to munch on something while having a good time at Tie & Timber.
- Crowd Favorite: Juicy Brewski. Tropical, citrusy New England IPA with 6.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Life’s A Kolsch
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Street and private lot parking. Live music. Near popular restaurants.
Hours: Open Mon–Thu: 2pm–10pm，Fri & Sat: 12pm – 12am, Sun: 12pm-10pm.
Address: 1451 E Cherry St, Springfield, MO 65802
Contact: (417) 429-9131 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. 4 by 4 Brewing Company
Nestled at 2811 E Galloway St. near Sequiota park, 4 by 4 Brewing Company is a brewery focused on community and family. Not only does it brew creative and unique beers, but it also focuses on providing a setting where customers can have a good time with their loved ones and friends.
4 by 4 Brewing loves its customers so much that they offer free popcorn and board games so that you can have a great time with your companions. They craft their beers with mastery and passion for producing quality and tasty results. Whether a novice or a seasoned beer enthusiast, you’ll find something to your liking at this brewery.
- Crowd Favorite: Parkside Pineapple. A hoppy and juicy tropical New England Style IPA with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Java the Kolsch
- Hop-py note: Street, bike, and private lot parking. Dog-friendly. Kid-friendly. Food truck on-site.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s name “4 by 4” signifies the founders, four friends with their four spouses.
Hours: Open Mon–Thu: 2pm–10pm，Fri & Sat: 12pm – 10pm, Sun: 12pm-8pm.
Address: 2811 E Galloway St ste a, Springfield, MO 65804
Contact: (417) 861-6400 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Bricktown Brewery
Bricktown is a local microbrewery founded initially in Oklahoma. Today, because of its award-winning craft beers and surprising food menu, the brewery has grown and now has branches in six different locations. All sites have unique designs that fit the location and the community it caters to. The brewery promises friendly service and delicious offers to ensure all its visitors will enjoy their stay.
Bricktown Springfield features twenty-nine beers on tap, all from local breweries across the country and from Bricktown itself. The company supports other breweries. That is why the management hand picks the best beer a brewery can offer and features it in their taproom.
- Crowd Favorite: Three Guardsmen IPA. A house favorite hoppy yet light IPA with 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Blues Berry Ale
- Hop-py note: Kid-friendly. Street and bike parking. Free Wi-Fi. Vegan food options.
- Happy Hour: Every Monday to Thursday from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Hours: Open Mon–Thu: 11am–10pm，Fri & Sat: 11am – 11pm, Sun 10:30am–10pm.
Address: 2040 E Independence St, Springfield, MO 65804
Contact: (417) 887-0100 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. White River Brewing Company
White River Brewing Company is a microbrewery that produces traditional European beers with an Ozarktwist. They also brew their beer in small batches to give more attention to the brewing process, resulting in more refined craft beers.
They always remember to give back to the community by hosting various local events and cultivating inclusive growth with other local food businesses. Aside from the brewpub, White River has a shop for anyone to purchase gifts and apparel that will complete the whole White River Experience.
Every beer brewed by White River Brewing Company raises the bar for the craft beer industry and transforms each taste into an adventure. They use pick premium ingredients for each batch and carefully choose each one by hand to ensure that their beers have their distinctive flavor and level of complexity. You can purchase these beers on tap at the brewery or several local retail establishments.
- Crowd Favorite: Gravel Bar IPA. An American IPA with a stone fruit aroma and a clean bitter finish. Contains 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Table Rock Red Ale
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Street and bike parking. Food trucks on-site. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Fun Fact: John Hosfield is the company’s original founder, but after he died, his family decided to sell the brewery to a loyal customer to continue its legacy of John.
Hours: Open Mon & Tue: 3pm–8pm, Wed & Thur: 1pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 1pm–10pm, Sun 1pm-6pm.
Address:505 W Commercial St, Springfield, MO 65803
Contact: (417) 600-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Great Escape Beer Works
Great Escape offers a safe haven for people with an adventurous way of living and who like to savor fresh-from-tap beers and see life as it goes. They believes in the mantra that says beer is more than just itself – it is an experience that is to be cherished.
Great Escape started in December 2018, and since then, it has been patronized by the residents of the Queen City of the Ozarks. Today, Great Escape envisions having a statewide distribution with their new production warehouse equipped with a 30-barrel brewhouse.
Inspired by nature’s diversity and beauty, Great Escape also highlights its sustainability and conservation-mindedness. They ensure that nothing goes to waste in the entire beer production. So, for those of you who seek to positively impact the environment while still enjoying life and everything it has to bring, Great Escape has its doors open for you, your family, and friends.
Great Escape features 12 rotating beers on tap, ranging from IPAs to lagers and sours. All beers are handcrafted in-house and sell beer in cans for to-go orders. The place is friendly and has occasional live music to make a customer’s experience even better.
- Crowd Favorite: Woodscraft. A clean American IPA with 7.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Queen City Lager
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Live music. Outdoor Seating. Free-parking.
- Fun Fact: Great Escape plans to have a second taproom with 11,000 square feet of space in Republic, Missouri.
Hours: Open Mon – Tue: 4pm–9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–10pm, Sun 12pm-8pm.
Address:4022 S Lone Pine Ave, Springfield, MO 65804
Contact: (417) 824-4043 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Show-Me Brewing
Show-Me Brewing is a home brew supply store and a licensed microbrewery crafting its beer in-house. They sell a great selection of quality grains, hops, and yeast as a supply store to help home brewers craft their beer. And as a microbrewery, they aim to produce the best craft beers in the city with beers that can cater to everyone’s preferences.
Show-Me only brews small batches of beers, enabling them to produce quality and outstanding crafts. Additionally, they regularly update their on-tap list so customers can have different options whenever they visit their taproom. Customers can also order food from nearby restaurants to pair with their beer.
- Crowd Favorite: Belgian Saison.
- Highly Recommended: Big Iron With Coconut
- Hop-py note: Wheelchair Accessible. Dog-friendly. Free parking.
- Fun Fact: Show-Me has a brew-on-premise service where they lend brewers their brewing equipment and even teach them the brewing process.
Hours: Open Mon – Fri: 10am–7pm, Sat & Sun 10am–5pm.
Address:1925 E Bennett St, Springfield, MO 65804
Contact: (417) 315-8617 | Facebook | Instagram | Website