Anyone who enjoys the great outdoors and trying new beers will find Breckenridge an ideal vacation destination. The town’s craft beer industry has been growing steadily since it entered the brewing scene years ago. New pubs and breweries keep springing up in and out of Breckenridge.
Breckenridge’s microbreweries, bars, and taprooms specialize in barrel-aged, traditional, and hybrid beers. Beers made in the neighborhood by experienced brewers and hops producers are among the best. Making the town one of the best places in Colorado to visit for a great beer tour experience.
Ride with us as we discover the most outstanding breweries in town to find local craft beer!
1. Breckenridge Brewery & Pub
Founded by a group of friends, Breckenridge Brewery & Pub is the first and oldest brewery in Breckenridge. They crafted their first beer in 1990 in the mountain town of the municipality. Today, Breckenridge Brewery & Pub delivers its beers across 48 states.
The brewpub produces several distinct lines of beer, which results in tens of one-of-a-kind brews. These brews range from light session beers to robust small-batch masterpieces and cover various tastes. You can enjoy IPAs, seasonal ales, porters, and lagers. And if you’re feeling peckish, they have a fantastic menu with a wide variety of dishes for you to choose from.
Hop in and enjoy their daily happy hour from 3 to 6 pm. You can get a $2 discount for every full-size draft of beer you order during these hours.
- Crowd Favorite: Vanilla Porter. A nutty, classic porter packed with chocolate flavor. Contains 5.4% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Avalanche Amber Ale
- Hop-py note: Beer tour available. No reservation is needed; you can walk in and grab an open table.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 11am–8pm.
Address: 600 S Main St, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Contact: (970) 453-1550 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Broken Compass Brewing
A malty and hoppy aroma will welcome you when you visit Broken Compass Brewing. For the past 7 years, the brewery has consistently brought the community together through its unique handcrafted blends of beers. Their signature crafts include Coconut Porter, Ginger Pale Ale, and Chili Pepper Pale Ale.
Come and grab an open table at the pub to enjoy their fantastic selection of beers. And have fun with the brewpub’s amazing events. From weekly trivia on Tuesday and live music every Sunday to their exceptional community parties, you will have a great time at Broken Compass Brewing!
- Crowd Favorite: Coconut Porter. A robust tropical porter packed with roasted organic coconut flavor with 5.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Ginger Pale Ale.
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly.
- Fun Fact: The brewery has an online apparel store selling sweatshirts, shorts, puppy products, and more.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 11am–11pm.
Address: 68 Continental Ct Unit B-12, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Contact: (970) 368-2772 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Outer Range Brewing Co.
Just 20 minutes from Breckenridge, Outer Range Brewing Co. is a must-visit brewpub. The place has many followers on its social media accounts, and they are famous among guests visiting the town of Frisco. Outer Range Brewing also earned a spot in the 2018 and 2019 Top 15 Breweries in the United States.
Their taproom is open daily between 11 am to 10 pm. You can get a craft beer of your style from its vast selection of beers, from sours and stouts to their signature blend of IPAs. And you can also check out their food menu featuring savory Thai dishes.
- Crowd Favorite: In the Steep. A hazy IPA with solid notes from fresh grapefruit, tangerines, and apricots. Contains 6.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Blocks of Light
- Hop-py note: Indoor and outdoor seating available. Dog-friendly.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 11am–10pm.
Address: 182 Lusher Ct, Frisco, CO 80443
Contact: (970) 455-8709 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Highside Brewery
Highside Brewery is located at Frisco, just a 15-minute drive from Breckenridge. The brewpub offers a fantastic taproom downstairs, featuring 16 taps of classic styles and a variety of unique brews. And, you won’t be worried about being hungry while you’re here because the kitchen is well stocked and serves some of the best barbecues around.
Moreover, they offer fantastic events with live bands and funny performances every month, excellent handcrafted beers on tap, and delicious food. Enjoy and try a few different board games while you’re there! Make it a point to grab a beer at this brewpub if you want a good time near Breckenridge.
- Crowd Favorite: Dos Mas IPA. Americal style, dry-hopped IPA with 7.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Rookie Guide
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly taproom. Cocktail bar on the second floor.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 11am–11pm.
Address: 720 Main St, Frisco, CO 80443
Contact: (970) 668-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Angry James Brewing
Another brewery located near Breckenridge is Angry James Brewing. The brewpub officially opened its doors in January 2018. They brew traditional beers and add their own special twists to make the flavor unique and remarkable.
You can enjoy $1 off every pint during “Angry Hour,” from Monday to Thursday, and live music every Wednesday, from 3pm-5pm. Additionally, they sell kegs; if you already have one, they can clean and fill it for you.
- Crowd Favorite: Tricentric IPA. Westcoast IPA is brewed with 3 kinds of hops and eccentric ale Yeast. Contains 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Two Tone Footer Stout
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. You can bring your own food.
- Fun Fact: Angry James Brewing’s name is made for fun only to catch the people’s attention.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 11am–9pm.
Address: 421 Adams Ave, Silverthorne, CO 80498
Contact: (970) 455-8800 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. The Baker’s Brewery
An excellent variety of session beers is available at this brewpub for individuals just beginning their journey into microbreweries. For the more seasoned beer drinker, there’s a steady rotation of solid, robust, and gorgeous masterpieces, plus a fantastic assortment of unusual and exciting taps.
The brewpub also features a vast food menu with hearty dishes and soups to warm your soul. If you plan on having a tour within or near Breckenridge, The Baker’s Brewery is a brewpub worthy of your time.
- Crowd Favorite: Cotton Mouth Killer. A citrusy session ale with American hops, but unlike a traditional IPA, it doesn’t taste too bitter. Contains 4.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Barking Dog Brown
- Hop-py note: Occasional live bands. Dogs are allowed on their outdoor patio.
- Fun Fact: The Baker’s Brewery’s Barking Dog Brown won bronze in the 2017 and 2018 North American Brewers Awards.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 12pm–10pm.
Address: 531 Silverthorne Ln, Silverthorne, CO 80498
Contact: (970) 468-0170 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Dillon Dam Brewery
Dillon Dam Brewery is a truly remarkable gem with great food, excellent handcrafted beers, and a fantastic mountain view. This brewpub has won over 60 medals from national and global beer competitions.
The wide variety of craft beers that Dillon Dam has available offers a spectrum of tastes, from subtle to a robust, intense mouthfeel. And, their food menu is also a wonder you should never miss!
- Crowd Favorite: Here’s Your Dam IPA. An Americal style IPA with a spicy grapefruit aroma and mild citrusy hoppiness. Contains 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Sweet George’s Brown
- Hop-py note: Family-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Dillon Dam Brewery is tagged as the “Largest Brewpub in the Colorado Rockies.” The brewpub can accommodate up to 270 people.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11:30am–9pm, Fri & Sun 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-9pm.
Address: 100 Little Dam St, Dillon, CO 80435
Contact: (970) 262-7777 | Facebook | Instagram | Website