Table of Contents
New Mexico is already home to some great local wineries, but in the past decade, the state’s craft beer scene has slowly begun to take center stage. Famous for being a true alcohol haven, Albuquerque is a hotspot of self-made breweries with a lot to boast about.
With that said, we have come up with a list of some of ABQ’s top-tier craft breweries you need to visit to complete your Albuquerque adventure.
1. La Cumbre Brewing Company
We set the standards high with the first brewery on our list. La Cumbra Brewing Company is an independent brewery established in 2010 and is dedicated to brewing and serving one of the finest lagers and ales you’ll ever taste in Albuquerque. LCBC embraces its motto, “New Mexican Beers at Their Peak,” and continuously strives to reach its goal of representing the apex of the art and intricacies of craft brewing.
Its brewery taproom has two locations in the heart of Albuquerque, but its beers reach many people as different restaurants in the city also serve its beers. The taprooms are packed with quite a statement having a very rustic mood and a mountain saloon feels inside. It features an art installation that exudes native design. It also has a fun and quirky game room that lets you play and mingle with others. Food is never a problem at La Cumbre, as guest food trucks serve the best food in the city.
- Crowd Favorite: Elevated IPA. A flagship American-style IPA with 7.2% ABV, poured with a hazy gold color, packed with distinct malty and earthy aroma and notes of lemon and grapefruit.
- Highly Recommended: Project Dank.
- Hop-py Note: Dogs are allowed. Bicycle parking. Free WiFi. TV. Outdoor seating. Pool tables. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available.
Hours: Open Sun & Mon 12pm – 10pm, Tues – Thur 12pm – 11pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am.
2. Marble Brewery
Next up is another local favorite micro-brewery which has grown into three different locations in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Marble Brewing has been pouring world-class beers since 2008, and there is no stopping it. Aside from hoppy IPAs, wildflower wheat, red ale, and other seasonal craft-brewed beer, MB is expanding its vocabulary of flavors as it ventures to serve other thirst-quenching drinks such as hard seltzers.
As we’ve mentioned, MB has three locations, and one of its premier brewpubs is located in the heart of downtown Albuquerque, making it the best go-to place for great-tasting beers, hearty foods, and fun music. It has a fun atmosphere, accentuated by the contemporary mural paintings and the industrial-themed cozy interior.
- Crowd Favorite: Pint. A refreshing session ale with 3.9% ABV, hopped with US and New Zealand hops, packed with uplifting flavors of grapefruit and a smooth lemongrass finish.
- Highly Recommended: Earl Grey IPA
- Hop-py Note: Offers a variety of vegan options. Street parking and private lot parking spaces. Handicapped accessible. Dog-friendly. Bicycle parking. Covered outdoor seating.
Hours: Open Mon – Sat 11am – 12am, Sun 11am – 10:30pm.
3. Bow & Arrow Brewing Company
The Bow & Arrow Brewing Company is known for delivering the best unique craft beers that are inspired by the people, land, and thriving culture of Southwest America. It was established in 2016 and specialized in making barrel-aged, wild, and sour beers that fit anyone’s palate.
Bow & Arrow operates a 15-barrel brewing system, and its pub is nothing but a place of rich culture and history. It has high ceilings with industrial accents and spacious indoor and outdoor seating that can surely accommodate the surge of customers during peak hours. Today, BABC continues to grow as Albuquerque’s local brewery while paying tribute to its roots by giving back to native non-profit organizations.
- Crowd Favorite: Scenic West. A thirst-quenching New England hazy IPA with 6.5% ABV, packed with Simcoe, Mosaic, El Dorado, and Citra hops to have that distinct ripe citrus notes.
- Highly Recommended: Denim Tux
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking. Accepts takeout orders. Variety of vegan options. Outdoor seating. Dog-friendly. Covered patio. Wheelchair accessible. Bicycle parking.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 3pm – 9pm, Thur 3pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 9pm.
4. Bosque Brewing Company
Bosque Brewing Company was established in 2012, but despite being relatively new to Albuquerque’s local beer scene, it has become famous for being one of the largest breweries in New Mexico. Its original taproom and brewery is located in Bosque North, which is one of its six locations in New Mexico.
Its taproom, which strongly resembles a boat house, has the most spacious outdoor space and scenic ambiance. It is nestled just off the river banks of Rio Grande. It has a full kitchen that serves excellent pub grubs and a rotating selection of seasonal specials. Today, Bosque Brewing continues to break limits as it experiments with its brewing process, creating a variety of craft beers from hard seltzer to unique brews like pickle gose.
- Crowd Favorite: Bosque IPA. A world-class American IPA with 6.5% ABV and a medium-bodied backbone. It begins with a light copper base of pale, wheat malt, and caramel with a seamless finish.
- Highly Recommended: Elephants On Parade
- Hop-py Note: Street and private lot parking spaces are available. Accepts takeout orders. Provides various vegan options. Wheelchair accessible. Gender-neutral bathrooms. Bicycle parking. Uses reusable tableware.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 9pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 10pm.
Address: 834 US-550, Bernalillo, NM 87004
5. Santa Fe Brewing Company- Albuquerque Taproom
Santa Fe Brewing Company was first established in Galisteo, NM, and is dubbed as New Mexico’s original craft beer brewery. Needless to say, SFBC is considered the biggest and the most critically acclaimed brewery in Albuquerque, NM. It prides itself on its iconic southwest brands and the great experience it has to offer.
Its Albuquerque Taproom is located in Green Jeans Farmery, alongside other original New Mexico retail shops and restaurants. It is built from unconventional shipping containers that add up to the laidback and easy-going atmosphere that does not undermine the skillfully hand-crafted beers it is known for.
- Crowd Favorite: Happy Camper IPA. A classic, full-bodied American-style IPA with 6.6% ABV, masterfully brewed with a citric, spicy, and floral hop character and a balanced IPA profile.
- Highly Recommended: Java Stout
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout orders. Bicycle parking. Outdoor seating. Gender-neutral bathrooms. Dog-friendly. Offers vegetarian options. Heated outdoor seating. Street parking and private lot parking are available.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 11pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 12am.
6. Boxing Bear Brewing Company
Boxing Bear Brewing Company is known for its commitment to quality and beers with a punch. This award-winning brewer was started by three friends who share the same love for craft beer and the surrounding community. BBBC believes that excellence in craft brewing is achieved through innovation, giving value to brewing traditions, and utilizing top-tier brewing ingredients.
The bank of Rio Grande nestles its original brewpub, and it is one of four operational branches across Albuquerque. Its taproom has a simple yet elegant vibe and ample seating for everyone. If you happen to swing by the Corrales taproom, check out the Vietnamese-inspired cuisines it offers from Wednesdays through Sundays.
- Crowd Favorite: Chocolate Milk Stout. An award-winning stout with 5.2% ABV, expertly brewed to have that sweet and silky texture, packed with distinct hints of roasted chocolate and malt with an extra smooth finish.
- Highly Recommended: Uppercut IPA
- Hop-py Note: Bicycle parking is available. Dogs are allowed. Wheelchair accessible. Great for children. Vegetarian options. Conducive for working. Private lot parking is available.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 2pm – 9pm, Thur – Sun 12pm – 10pm.
7. Canteen Brewhouse
Canteen Brewhouse was first established in 1994 and is famous for being Albuquerque’s longest-standing brewery with significant contributions to the local beer scene. In the past two decades, CB has grown from a simple brewery to a critically acclaimed brewery with two operational taprooms across the city, equally competent to pour out one of the most refreshing beers you’ll ever taste.
Its original taproom has a fun and unconventional vibe that is an excellent complement to its beers tested by time and people. Aside from its long and rich history, CB is also known for hosting some of the most extraordinary live events for any beer enthusiast, so make sure to check out their calendar and make the best of your visit.
- Crowd Favorite: Exodus IPA. A distinct American-style IPA with 7.2% ABV packed with bursting notes of lemon, tangerine, and grapefruit with a sweet malt character and a clean lemongrass finish.
- Highly Recommended: Dougie Style Amber
- Hop-py Note: Street parking and private lot parking are available. Accepts takeout orders. Offers vegan options. Outdoor seating is available. Child-friendly. Conducive for working. Free WiFi. TV. Bicycle parking. Dogs are allowed. Serves lunch and dinner.
Hours: Open Sun – Wed 12pm – 9pm, Thur – Sat 12pm – 10pm.
8. Tractor Brewing Company
Tractor Brewing Company was established in 1999 and laid a strong foundation in Albuquerque’s local beer scene in 2011. Since then, Tractor Brewing has become a community staple of Burque nightlife and a top go-to spot for new and seasoned drinkers.
TBC’s first taproom in Albuquerque is located in Nob Hill, one of its four locations in the city, ensuring that great-tasting beers are never too far. It has its iconic tractor truck parked right outside, and as you enter, you’ll be welcomed with spacious patios and a contemporary mural that leads to its laid-back and easy-going indoor place. It has the traditional brewpub vibe with some modern art pieces that go along with its great brews.
- Crowd Favorite: Milk Mustachio Stout. A traditional stout with a farm-fresh twist and 5.1% ABV. A delicious and creamy blend of sweet milk sugar, chocolate, and rich roasted coffee.
- Highly Recommended: Farmer’s Tan
- Hop-py Note: Variety of vegan options. Street parking and private lot parking are available. Gender-neutral restrooms. Dogs are allowed. Bicycle parking is available. Handicapped accessible. Accepts takeout orders.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 12pm – 12am, Fri & Sat 12pm – 2am, Sun 12pm – 12am.
9. Steel Bender Brewyard
Steel Bender Brewyard is a family-owned brewery and pub established in 2017 and takes pride in the award-winning food they serve and the most refreshing beers they pour. It is located in the stunning village of Los Ranchos and is notoriously known as a perfect gathering place for friends and family.
Aside from its profuse beer selections, it goes above and beyond, serving fermented ciders and sophisticated wines and spirits that use locally grown fruits. Its taproom has a comfortable and casual atmosphere and a full kitchen serving the best comfort pub fare. While there is no reason to mention it, SBB is out of its league and never ceases to please with its sole mission to brew stronger and show the local beer scene that it is built and destined to do what it does.
- Crowd Favorite: Skull Bucket IPA. An American -style IPA that overflows with fresh pine and zesty aromas. 7% ABV with a pale malt base and a refreshing citrus finish.
- Highly Recommended: Raspberry Dynamite
- Hop-py Note: Bicycle parking is available. Covered outdoor seating. Offers military discount. Gender-neutral bathrooms. Uses reusable tableware. Dog-friendly. Heated outdoor seating. Child-friendly. Wheelchair accessible. Private lot parking is available. Accepts takeout orders. Offers vegan options.
Hours: Open Daily 11am – 9pm.
10. Nexus Brewery and Restaurant
The last on the list is the Nexus Brewery and Restaurant, and indeed, it isn’t one of the least. It is well-known for its finest beers that satisfy cravings, its top-tier customer service, and the unbelievable fusion of New Mexican Soul food that features a variety of fantastic flavors. As a matter of fact, Nexus is dubbed as one of the best brewery restaurants in the locale.
Its brewery restaurant is situated in Broadbent business park and is one of two locations. It has an elegant and sophisticated vibe with an all-black interior and industrial accents. Aside from its great-tasting beers, NBR takes pride in its barbeque facilities, as it is recognized as the best in town.
- Crowd Favorite: Nexus IPA. An American-style IPA with bold flavors, light golden color, and a hoppy and citrus finish. 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Imperial Cream Ale
- Hop-py Note: Accept takeout and delivery orders. Vegan options are available. Provides catering services. Great for children. Free WiFi. Private lot parking space available. Uses reusable tableware. Covered outdoor seating. Bicycle parking. Wheelchair accessible. TV. Serves lunch and dinner.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 8:30pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 9pm.