Thinking about visiting one of the top breweries in Atlanta? There are plenty of fantastic options to choose from. The city is buzzing with over 40 up-and-coming brewers and microbreweries, all serving their unique flavors. Featuring the Southern charm and vibrant culture this city could offer, breweries are not just a place to drink beer but a community gathering hotspot and family events.
We’ve rounded up to 18 top-rated craft breweries that have their mark on Atlanta’s craft beer scene. Whether you’re looking for something low-key or more exciting – there’s an option for everyone! Read on to discover more about these top breweries in Atlanta that are worth visiting!
1. Monday Night Brewing
Loosen your ties and roll up those sleeves as we head to Monday Night Brewing, where Weekends are Overrated! As a pioneering craft brewery in Atlanta, this industrial-chic haven is a favorite hangout for those looking for a cold beer to beat the summer heat. With two locations in West End and West Midtown, Monday Night Brewing includes a spacious taproom, outdoor patio, and courtyard. Choose from their expertly brewed Saison’s, Ales, and barrel-aged stouts or the award-winning Black-Tie series. Indulge yourself in their Hop Hut bar or take a picture at their famous necktie wall.
- Crowd Favorite: Blind Pirate IPA, 7.4% ABV. A juicy American IPA with citrus and blood orange flavor.
- Highly Recommended: Drafty Kilt, Scotch Ale, 7.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Monday Night Brewing taprooms are dog-friendly and host food truck pop-ups.
- Fun Fact: Monday Night Brewing’s name refers to their weekly bible study every Monday night!
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 12pm–9pm, Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 933 Lee St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
2. New Realm Brewery
Enjoy a pint of beer with a fantastic view of Atlanta’s skyline in New Realm Brewery! Located along Eastside Beltline Trail, this brewery features a warehouse-style rustic taproom with a full bar, restaurant, a family-friendly beer garden, and a fantastic rooftop patio that has become a favorite neighborhood hangout place. In addition to their famous IPAs and Pilsner, they also serve seltzers and hand-crafted cocktails where you can stop in and have a blast with live music and other exciting events.
- Crowd Favorite: Hazy Like a Fox, IPA, 6.5% ABV. A hazy and juicy American IPA with notes of tangerine and pineapple.
- Highly Recommended: Hoptropolis American IPA, 6.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: New Realm accepts dine-in, take-out, and table reservations.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm.
3. Bold Monk Brewing Co.
Sprawling at the Underwood Hills, this brewery got all you need for a relaxing day! Bold Monk Brewery includes a picturesque in-house restaurant, coffee shop, full bars, and expansive beer garden, featuring an old-world-inspired two-story building. You can enjoy your cold beer anywhere you want with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating options. It’s either reading a book at their mini bookshop, lounging in their shady beer garden, or pairing it with delicious Belgian fries or steak! Aside from tasty beers, they also offer wine, cocktails, and coffee.
- Crowd Favorite: Indominus Belgian Quadrupel, 9.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Shared Spirit, American IPA, 6.4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Bold Monk accepts table reservations.
- Fun Fact: Bold Monk Brewing is a Brewed to Served Restaurant Group project.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11:30am–10pm, Fri 11:30am–11pm, Sat 10:30am–11pm, Sun 10:30am–10pm.
4. Sweetwater Brewing Company
They’re not here for a long time, but for a good time! And if you’re searching for one, Sweetwater Brewing will surely not disappoint. Famous for its annual three-day 420 Festival, this brewery is one of the most fantastic in Atlanta. They feature a bright and spacious taproom accentuated with wooden decors and panelings that gives a classy and cozy ambiance and expansive outdoor seating with picnic tables. They have 23 beers on taps ranging from dry-hopped IPA, experimental barrel-aged and sour beers, and hard seltzers.
- Crowd Favorite: 420 Extra Pale Ale, 5.7% ABV. A refreshing and flavorful West Coast Pale Ale with a hoppy and sweet aroma.
- Highly Recommended: IPA, 6.3% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Sweetwater offer brewery tours. Check out their website for available schedules.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s name refers to Atlanta’s Sweetwater Creek, where the founder spends a day fishing on one good afternoon.
Hours: Open Tue – Thur 11:30am–9pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–10pm, Sun 11:30am–8pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 195 Ottley Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
5. Scofflaw Brewery
With two locations in Atlanta, Scofflaw Brewery is acclaimed as one of the best craft breweries in America. Featuring an 18,000-square-foot warehouse-style brewery and tasting room with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, they have become a new neighborhood beer hotspot. A great place to try new and unique flavors. Scofflaw has a delicious selection of unique and creative flavors, including a variety of coffee and fruity beers, like Bulky Blood, a passion fruit, and habanero beer.
- Crowd Favorite: Basement IPA, 7.5% ABV. A juicy IPA with notes of citrus and lemongrass.
- Highly Recommended: POG Basement American IPA, 7.5% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Scofflaw’s name is an answer to the 1924 contest to name a “lawless drinker” sponsored by a Massachuset prohibitionist.
Hours: Open Sun–Thur 12pm–9pm, Sat & Sun 12pm–12am.
6. Fire Maker Brewing Company
This fire-breathing (Dragon) brewery stands out in the burgeoning Westside Brewery District with spacious indoor seating, a covered patio, and an expansive beer garden that offers a relaxing and laid-back neighborhood vibe. It became a new local favorite as it’s within the residential area. They serve 30 beers on taps with popular brews Hazed and Blazed IPA, Royal Velvet Saison, and Bedfordshire Barleywine. You can enjoy a cold pint while taking some nice pictures at the giant dragon mural or indulge with mouth-watering foods by Scoville Hot Chicken. Fire Maker Brewing is a dog-friendly brewery, and you can even bring your dog to their dog park!
- Crowd Favorite: Hazed and Blazed IPA, 7.2% ABV. A hazy American IPA with a fruity character of Mosaic and El Durado and Lemondrop flavor.
- Highly Recommended: Perfect Match American IPA, 6.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: You need to be a member to avail the Fire Maker Dog Park.
Hours: Open Tue 5pm–10pm, Wed & Thur 8am–10pm, Fri & Sat 8am–11:30pm, Sun 12pm–9pm, Mon Closed.
7. Best End Brewing Company
Best End Brewing Company is a hotspot of Beltline goers who offer Bosnian flair to Atlanta Beltline’s Westside Trail. Featuring a spacious taproom with plenty of indoor seating to choose from, a private space, and an outdoor patio with a tiki bar, you won’t go wrong with this one! You’ll find ample beers from Pilsner, IPAs, wheat beer, stout, seltzers, and nitro. Is beer not for you? Check out their Graffiti Tiki bar for cocktails, wines, and even non-alcoholic drinks; they got something for everyone to enjoy. For food, they offer coastal grub, bar snacks, and charcuterie boards, as well as gluten-free and vegan foods. And their Balkan burger is a surprise!
- Crowd Favorite: Lack of Focus IPA, 7.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Anxiety Pils, 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Best End Brewing offers food and drinks to-go and food deliveries; make to call ahead.
Hours: Open Tue & Sat 12pm–10pm, Sun 12pm–8pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 1036 White St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
8. Eventide Brewing
Eventide Brewing is a small but mighty microbrewery located at Grant Park that strives to brew excellent and fresh small batches of craft beer. This brewery features a warehouse-type taproom with plenty of indoor seating and an outside patio which becomes a hotspot for family and friends gatherings. They offer different beer styles, from lagers and ales to stouts and IPAs. Eventide Brewing also hosts community events and offers its taproom for weddings and private occasions.
- Crowd Favorite: Kölsch STyle Ale, 5.3% ABV. A light and crisp Ale with hoppy character and notes of lemongrass.
- Highly Recommended: Dry Irish Nitro Stout, 4.8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Eventide doesn’t serve food, but food trucks are always available on their outside patio. They also have a spacious parking space.
- Fun Fact: Eventide is a product brought by friendship and passion for craft brewing.
Hours: Open Wed-Fri 4pm–10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 11am-8pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
Address: 1015 Grant St SE, Atlanta, GA 30315
9. Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant
In Atlanta International Airport, Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant offers a German-style beer in casual seating. Featuring a classy atmosphere with wooden pieces of furniture and a full bar, they provide a relaxed and welcoming vibe. Aside from their flagship brews, they also serve tasty beers from neighboring Atlanta’s breweries. Try also their classic brewpub foods such as shrimp tacos and burgers and a pint of delicious beers with a view of the Airport’s runway. Definitely a great place to relax while waiting for your next flight.
- Crowd Favorite: Marzen, 5.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Hefeweizen Wheat Beer, 5.5% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Gordon Biersch Brewery offers a Rewards Program with points for every purchase and exclusive rewards.
Hours: Open Mon- Sun 10pm-9pm.
10. Second Self Beer Co.
Discover your second self and celebrate it with a creative and tasty cold beer! Another interesting brewery in Upper Westside, Second Self Beer Company, offers diverse and innovative brews made only with fresh and local ingredients. Featuring a spacious taproom with plenty of indoor seating, a giant projector for game-watching parties, and a fun arcade and board games, this brewery offers a place where you can relax and have fun after a busy day. In pursuit of discovering what’s your second self, this brewery also hosts different events you can imagine, and they even have a sushi-making class! They dont have a kitchen so watch for restaurant pop-ups here.
- Crowd Favorite: Thai Wheat Beer, 5.5% ABV. Refreshing lemongrass and ginger-flavored wheat beer.
- Highly Recommended: Mole Porter, 6.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Second Self Beer Company is a kid and dog-friendly brewery.
- Fun Fact: Second Self’s name refers to the founder’s pursuit of side hustling and doing something you love.
Hours: Open Wed–Fri 5pm–9pm, Sat 1pm–9pm, Sun 1pm–6pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
Address: 1317 Logan Cir NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
11. Steady Hand Beer Co.
Housed in the city’s former Christmas warehouse during the 40s and 50s, this 14,000-square-foot brewery is ideal for community gatherings and private events. Steady hand Beer Company features a woodland-themed taproom with plenty of indoor seating offering live music performances, art markets, games, and other entertaining events. They serve fresh beers flowing from 24 taps with small batches of craft brews. Choose a favorite from their year-round beers, like Paradise Waits IPA, the Georgia Farmhouse Ale, and citrus-vanilla Guava Cake Sour.
- Crowd Favorite: Cloudland IPA, 6% ABV. A refreshing hazy IPA with bursting tropical fruit flavors.
- Highly Recommended: Flower Business Imperial IPA, 9% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Steady Hand Beer Co. doesn’t have a kitchen, but they have scheduled food trucks and vendor pop-ups.
- Fun Fact: Steady Hand’s name is from a Gaelic motto, “Lamh Foistenach Abu,” which translates to “Steady hand to Victory or A Noble hand to Victory.”
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm–9pm, Fri 3pm–10pm, Sat 12pm–10pm, Sun 1pm–7pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
12. Iron Hill Brewery
Iron Hill Brewery is an award-winning and internationally acclaimed brewery in America and a new addition to Buckhead’s booming beer industry. Bringing the same quality and innovation worthy of its accolades, this brewery offers year-round fresh, hand-crafted beer ranging from lagers, ales, porters, and tasty foods. They have become a new favorite hangout spot for locals and tourists, featuring a modern and elegant taproom with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, an expansive patio, and a brewery just 10 feet from the bar. This brewery is also famous for its murals proudly displayed on the walls that sparks discussions and conservations.
- Crowd Favorite: Philly Phavorite IPA, 6.7% ABV. A hazy New England IPA with tropical fruit flavors and piney notes.
- Highly Recommended: Pig Iron Porter, 5.4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Iron Hill Brewery offers table reservations and dine-in and take-out orders.
- Fun Fact: Iron Hill Brewery’s humble beginning started from a homebrewer kit that the founder’s wife gifted.
Hours: Open Sun-Tue 11:30am–9pm, Wed & Thur 11:30am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–11pm.
13. Terrapin Taproom
Craving for a cold beer and a barbecue? Check out Terrapin Taproom and Fox Bros BBQ located at Battery Avenue. They dont only served hand-crafted beers, and they also offer mouth-watering barbecues that you will back for more! It features a spacious taproom with ample indoor seating and excludes a homey, laid-back vibe ideal for group hangouts. In addition, this brewery is located adjacent to truest Park, just outside the right field gate entrance, so you can enjoy your beer while cheering your baseball team!
- Crowd Favorite: Hopsecutioner IPA, 7.3% ABV. A well-balanced American IPA brewed with six different hops, with pine and grapefruit notes.
- Highly Recommended: Luau Krunkles American IPA, 6.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Visit Terrapin Taproom during baseball seasons to have a great sport and beer experience!
- Fun Fact: Terrapin Beer Co. is a macro brewery headquartered in Athens, Georgia.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am–10pm, Sun 11am-9pm.
14. Orpheus Brewery
Located at Dutch Valley along Piedmont Park, Orpheus Brewery is a microbrewery and another neighborhood favorite. They offer welcoming and family-friendly spaces for good beer and conversations with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. Aside from their specialized brewing sours, stouts, IPAs, and barrel-aged beers, this brewery also offers year-round and limited small-batches brews, with some only available in their taproom. Orpheus also supports local arts by hosting pop-up art markets to give back to the community.
- Crowd Favorite: Transmigration of Souls IPA, 10% ABV. A double IPA bursts with lemon, orange, and tropical fruit flavors.
- Highly Recommended: Atalanta Farmhouse Ale, 5.25% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Foods are only available every Tuesday and Thursday to Friday.
- Fun Fact: Orpheus Brewery’s name refers to the ancient Greek legendary hero Orpheus.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm–9pm, Fri 2pm–10pm, Sat 12:30pm–10pm, Sun 12:30pm–9pm.
15. Hippin Hops Brewery and Oyster Bar
Hippin’ Hops Brewpub and Oyster Bar started their brewing adventure in East Atlanta Village in 2021 inside the former Eastlake Pharmacy building. In addition to the bright green neon signs which draw people inside, they are famous for their fried oysters and Southern sides. Every time you visit, you have the opportunity to sample a new beer, whether it is their signature ales or lagers. You can find it here whether you’re in the mood for a fruit-infused tropical colada or a mango margarita sour. Aside from its spacious indoor seating, this brewery has sidewalk seating and a beer garden with picnic tables where you can enjoy playing games such as Jenga, beer pong, and cornhole.
- Crowd Favorite: Baby Mama Drama, IPA. No ABV
- Highly Recommended: So Peachy Sour, 5.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Hippin’ Hops offers onsite and to-go orders.
- Fun Fact: Hippin’ Hops Brewpub and Oyster Bar is Georgia’s first black-owned brewery.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 5pm–11pm, Fri & Sat 5pm–12am, Sun 12pm–8pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
16. Torched Hop Brewing Company
Another trendy and crowd favorite brewery in Atlanta offers bold and creative craft beers, heavenly foods (talk about 4-star restaurant quality), and a good time! Torched Hop Brewing features a full bar, spacious 9,000 square-feet restaurant seating, which serves American pub fare menus from burgers, salads, wings, and more! They also have a Bocce Room, a perfect place for an intimate wedding, birthday, or other private events. This brewery also offers creative craft beers ranging from IPA, sour, stout, Ale, and porter. You can enjoy great games while enjoying your cold beer or munching on their delicious foods.
- Crowd Favorite: Hops de Leon IPA, 7.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Cheesin’ Hard IPA, 7.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Watch out for their Burger Monday (Burger + Fries + Beer for $12) and Wing Wednesday (6 Wings + Fries + Beer for $13).
Hours: Open Mon & Tue 4pm–10pm, Wed & Thur 4pm–11pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–11pm, Sun 11:30am–9:30pm.
17. Halfway Crooks Beer
Features a vintage with modern twist taproom with quirky aesthetics and techie screens. Halfway Crooks Beer is a new local favorite hangout in the historic Summerhill neighborhood. This brewery also boasts a rooftop patio with a second bar and a beer garden which is very inviting and family-friendly. They specialize in lagers, Ale, pilsner, and Saison, and you can expect pale Ale and Belgian Ale on the tap along with their core and limited brews. This brewery also serves pub fair foods and caters to private events.
- Crowd Favorite: Radix German Pilsner, 4.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Farina Kolsch, 4.8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Halfway Crooks dont accepts table reservations, so be sure to come early.
- Fun Fact: Halfway, Crooks Beer’s name is from the Mobb Deep Lyric.
Hours: Open Tue & Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–11pm, Sun 12pm–7pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 60 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
18. Elsewhere Brewing
If your looking for sessionable beers, agreeable cocktails and mouth-watering foods, don’t look elsewhere, it’s all here in Elsewhere Brewing! Located at Grant Street, this brewery features a bright and clean taproom with a cozy and welcoming vibe. They have spacious restaurant which serves a mush up of Argentine and Italian flavors, a full bar, and an airy beer garden that is perfect for live music and other exciting events. You can find lagers, hoppy ales and house-blended cocktails on ther drafts. They also hostis exciting events such as Drag nights, comedy and trivia, and summer shade festivals.
- Crowd Favorite: Gest Dark Lager, 4.7% ABV. Dark Czech lager with chocolate, dark fuit and cola characters.
- Highly Recommended: Vaunted New England IPA, 6.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: A dog-friendly brewery.
- Fun Fact: This brewery is named elsewhere as its inspiration are from different places around the world.
Hours: Open Tues – Thur 5pm – 10pm, Fri 1pm – 12am, Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 9pm, Mon Closed.