Vancouver, a popular US tourist destination, offers scenic views, a beautiful climate, and a friendly environment. Due to this, it is the perfect spot for relaxing and imbibing a delicious pint of a well-crafted beer. And although small in numbers, the craft breweries in Vancouver will give you a remarkable memory through their delicious and award-winning beers.
So come on and have a good one at these 7 best breweries in the city of Vancouver, Washington.
1. Hopworks Urban Brewery
If you want to partner your beer with hearty dishes, Hopworks Urban is the place for you. Just like Mcmenamins, Hopworks Urban is also a Portland original and has branched out to different locations, including Vancouver. Moreover, Hopworks is a certified B-Corp brewery and is committed to sustainability.
Hopworks Urban Vancouver is like a welcoming industrial space with a spacious room and multiple televisions on the wall. Its second floor is the best place to indulge in its quality and Instagram-worthy dishes and relax while imbibing delicious brews. Hopeworks also boasts 30 taps of beers, so if it’s drinking that you solely want, you can sample any of these beers on a flight of 15 3oz samplers.
- Crowd Favorite: Abominable Winter Ale. A red IPA brewed with Northwest organic hops and contains 7.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Ace of Spades
- Hop-py Note: Vegetarian food options. Offers takeout and kid’s menu. Non-alcoholic beverages.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am-10pm
2. McMenamins on the Columbia
McMenamins is undeniably one of the biggest chain businesses in America, as it has multiple establishments, from theaters, malls, and hotels to breweries. The McMenamins on the Columbia is its brewery in Vancouver and is among its over 50 pubs and restaurants in the US.
McMenamins on the Columbia serves various beverages, from in-house beers to wines and ciders to nitro coffees. You will also never run out of food options as McMenamins offers fantastic seasonal Northwest-style pub fare made from fresh ingredients from the locality of Vancouver.
- Crowd Favorite: Hammerhead. A classic hoppy Northwest Pale Ale with 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Ruby
- Hop-py Note: Sells merchandise and passports. Offers delivery and takeout. Kid-friendly.
- Fun Fact: When ordering hamburgers or sandwiches, McMenamins offer gluten-free buns for an extra cost if you want it instead of classic buns.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri & Sat 11am-12am
3. Trap Door Brewing
If you are an avid IPA lover, Trap Door is the best destination for you. It has several award-winning brews, such as the Glowed Up, Juicy Vuitton, and Flamingo Croquet which are available at Trap Door’s taproom, and you can enjoy them on a pint, in a flight of four or go for a growler fill.
As of 2022, Trap Door Brewing has two active locations you can choose from in Washington State. Its other branch opened in Washougal, and they call it “The Gateway.” Moreover, if you are planning to imbibe Trap Door’s delicious beers but are outside Vancouver, do not worry, as the brewery distributes its beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Glowed Up. A double dry-hopped hazy IPA with 6.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: TANG
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Cans are available for pours and takeout.
Hours: Open Sun 11am-10pm, Mon-Wed 3pm-10pm, Thur-Sat 11am-11pm
Address: 2315 Main St, Vancouver, WA 98660
4. Heathen Brewing
Heathen Brewing is among the best breweries regarding customer service, as it is committed to bringing only convenience to its customers. From tasty brews to delicious food and good laughs, you will surely enjoy a pint at its 20 taps of delicious beers.
From tasty pub fares to American cuisine, Heathen Brewing has food options for everyone, including vegans and vegetarians. And for the drinks, Heathen Brewing will not let you down with its vast selection of brews, from classic beers to root beers and ciders.
- Crowd Favorite: Transcend. A hoppy, piney, and citrusy American IPA with 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Son of Malice
- Hop-py Note: Kid-friendly. Outdoor seating. Good for groups.
- Fun Fact: Sunny Parsons, owner of Heathen, has a Tiki tattooed on his arm, and this design became the brewery’s logo.
Hours: Open Sun 9am-8pm, Mon-Fri 11:30am-8pm, Sat 9am-9pm
5. Loowit Brewing Company
Crafting quality beers since 2012, Loowit Brewing is a beautiful, community-driven brewery in Downtown Vancouver. It promotes environmental stewardship by practicing sustainability and supporting its locality.
Beer-wise, Loowit Brewing deserves more recognition for crafting award-winning and worthy brews made from fresh, quality local ingredients. Its Grimlock Rye Porter and Shimmergloom Imperial Stout beers have won medals in the World Beer Cup. And you can enjoy these brews from its magnificent 20 taps in-house.
- Crowd Favorite: Shadow Shinobi™ IPA. An aggressively hopped American IPA with 7.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Two-Sixteen Red Ale
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Indoor and outdoor seating. Dog-friendly.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s name came from the legend of Loowit, a historical mountain in America.
Hours: Open Daily 12pm-10pm
Address: 507 Columbia St, Vancouver, WA 98660
6. Fortside Brewing Company
Fortside is a microbrewery in Vancouver that was established out of a passion for worthy craft beers. It was founded by two beer-loving friends who both wanted to strengthen the craft beer culture in the state, thus creating Fortside Brewing. And through that ambition, they have crafted award-winning beers like the Silly Rabbit, a pale tropical ale.
When it comes to its tasting room, Fortside has a clean, inviting, and comfortable space that welcomes everybody who wants to relax while sipping on a delicious brew. It also has limited outdoor seating where you can enjoy the sun with your furry friends. Finally, if you plan on taking home some beers with you, Fortside has a rotating list of bottles and cans that you can purchase in the tasting room.
- Crowd Favorite: Orange Whip. A fruited Juicy IPA with 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Couve A’licious
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Cans are available.
- Fun Fact: Fortside crafted a popular drink called Rose Gone Wild, a wine-beer hybrid with reduced gluten.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 4pm-10pm, Fri 11am-10pm, Sat 1pm-10pm, Sun 1pm-8pm, Mon Closed
7. Victor 23 Brewing
Established in 2016, Victor 23 is a craft brewery with an amazing history to tell. This brewery captures the story of a man named D.B. Cooper, who is famous for hijacking a plane and flying on the Victor 23 airway. Through this unsolved crime, Victor 23 Brewing used it as an inspiration and invited customers to relax in the tap room and join them in pondering the case.
Today, Victor 23 Brewing is a place to grab an ice-cold beer and delicious fare from Tehuana Oaxacan Cuisine. Its food menu ranges from salads and burritos to tortas and boracho bowls. The food pairs perfectly with any of the beers on Victor 23’s eleven taps of goodness.
- Crowd Favorite: Skyjacker. A well-balanced, citrusy American IPA with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Jet Fuel
- Hop-py Note: Trivia nights. Offers flights. Kid-friendly. Wheelchair accessible.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 2pm-10pm, Sun 2pm-9pm, Mon Closed