When you visit Jacksonville to enjoy the city’s best attractions and take a breather from the hustle and bustle of daily life, there’s no better way to start your journey than by exploring and sampling the city’s best craft beers!
Jacksonville boasts more than 20 craft breweries, making it the leader in Florida’s craft beer scene! With their neighborhood gathering hotspots and tasty, creative brews, these breweries are a must-visit in the Sunshine State. Whether you’re looking for a rooftop patio, a secret beer garden, or a sports-themed brewery, Jacksonville has everything you can ask for in a great beer destination!
1. Wicked Barley Brewing
Offering a beautiful view of Goodby’s Creek, Wicked Barley Brewing features a welcoming taproom with plenty of indoor seating, an expansive Beer Garden, Kayak Launch, and boat docks, making it a luxury beer destination in Florida. Aside from 20 beers on taps, this place also offers a variety of sours, ciders, and good mead, so there is something for everyone! Because this brewery is located near a creek, it provides a perfect place for Instagram-worthy pictures, especially on a catchy Florida night. This brewery also offers live music that makes you dance and sings to your heart’s content and gastropub meals that even children can enjoy.
- Crowd Favorite: The Eradicator,8 % ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Left Leg Lager,5.5 % ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Wicked Barley Brewing offers dine-in and takeout meals and drinks, but deliveries are currently unavailable.
- Fun Fact: The honey used for making Wicked Barley Mead is from Bee Friends Farm, which was explored from a wide range of organic elements such as tupelos and wildflower orange blossoms which won the Best Florida Beer in 2017.
Hours: Open Mon–Thur 11am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am–9pm
2. Intuition Ale Works
Fancy a cold beer with a glimpse of the fantastic Jacksonville coastlines? Visit Intuition Ale Works! This brewery offers a cozy and spacious rooftop bar- which not all beer scenes in Florida have- lets you enjoy live music, unwind, and chat with friends while sipping their tasty brew. Featuring a warehouse-style building with plenty of indoor seating and an in-house restaurant, The Kitchen, this brewery exudes a welcoming and laid-back vibe. With their exciting brews, high quality and extensive varieties of beer, and heavenly menus, Intuition Ale Works is a place worth visiting to complete your Jacksonville experience.
- Crowd Favorite: I-10, 6.75% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Jon Boat Coastal Ale, 4.4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Intuition Ale Works does not allow dogs on the premises.
- Fun Fact: Intuition is the first brewery to offer canned craft beer in Florida since 2010.
Hours: Open Tue–Thur 3pm–9pm, Fri 3pm-10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm–7pm, Mon Closed
Address: 929 E Bay St, Jacksonville, FL 32202
3. Aardwolf Brewing Company
Your Jacksonville beer itinerary would not be complete without stopping at Aardwolf Brewing Company. Housed in a former 1930s Icehouse, this brewery features an old-world bricked taproom offering a cozy and classic retro vibe in the historic San Marco district. Come by and choose one of their core beers while enjoying a lovely atmosphere, accommodating staff, and food truck extravaganza with your loved ones. If you’re looking for a perfect place for your event, Aardwolf Brewing also offers four private spaces offering a wide selection of tasty craft beers on tap.
- Crowd Favorite: Belgian Belgian Pale Ale, 5.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Nonchalant, 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Aardwolf Brewing Company allows dogs on leash on their premises.
- Fun Fact: Aardwolf Brewing company successfully opened in September 2013, after renovating the place from being an Icehouse in the 1930s to the pub it is today.
Hours: Open Tue–Thur 3pm–11pm, Fri 3pm-12pm, Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm–9pm, Mon Closed
4. Bold City Brewery
With two taprooms within Jacksonville, Bold City Brewery offers BOLD, tasty beers that are hard to forget! This brewery is a neighborhood favorite which consists of a woody and vintage taproom with a view of their brewery, showing how their beers are brewed on the spot, ample indoor seating, live music, and a relaxing, laid-back vibe. This brewery also offers pizza, burgers, and delectable foods that go well with their notable and well-balanced local brew. Everyone can enjoy Bold City Brewery, from the young, young at heart, and even paw friends, so take a visit at Bold City Brewery!
- Crowd Favorite: Duke’s Cold Nose Brown Ale, 5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Mad Manatee IPA, 6.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Bold City Brewery is open for a brewery tour.
- Fun Fact: One of their famous ales, the 1901 Red Ale, is influenced by Jacksonville’s archival incidents.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 3pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm–6pm, Mon & Tue Closed
5. Engine 15 Brewing Co.
What more could you ask for a tasty beer with a fantastic beach view? Having been proclaimed the best pub in the entirety of Jacksonville from 2013 to 2014, Engine 15 Brewing Co offers an array of in-house and original beers with a wide selection of flavors along with pub grub, side dishes, and drinks, be it a hearty slushie of chicken wings or chips, perfect for non-alcoholic drinkers. The place features a breezy and welcoming wooden interior with a couple of art pieces and medals hanging on every wall, clearly showing that they’re among the best taprooms in the area.
- Crowd Favorite: Nut Sack Double Brown Ale, 7.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Old Battle Axe IPA, 6.4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Engine 15 Brewing Co. is a kid-friendly pub. However, dogs aren’t allowed inside the premises but outside in their bench seats.
- Fun Fact: Engine 15 Brewing Co. was named after Luch Scremin, the owner’s Ford Fire Engine, back in 1962. They won the best pub and brewpub in the Folio Weekly Readers poll and gold and silver medals, appointing them as the pub with the best beer from the Florida Best Beef festival for two years straight (2013-2014).
Hours: Open Tue-Sat 11am–12am, Sun 11am–9:30pm, Mon 4:30pm-12am
6. String Sports Brewery
Looking for a place to enjoy a cold enlivening beer while playing and having fun? Offering a place for family, sports, and beer, String Sports Brewery is a place for you! Whoop it up with the bracing tropical feel, a wooden ambiance, and plants and trees. With 12 beers on tap and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, the place offers a wide selection of tasty beer and mouth-watering foods. Play various games like basketball hoops, bingo, or even outdoor fun with your family while finding pleasure with flavorful ales and beers and capturing good memories at String Sports Brewery!
- Crowd Favorite: Bullet, 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Red Caps, % ABV.
- Hop-py Note: String Sports Brewery offers different kinds of tacos every Tuesday, a burger made by employees every Monday, and a portion of food exceptional with 50 oz beer every Thursday.
- Fun Fact: String Sports Brewery was once a restaurant called Henrietta’s in honor of Jacksonville’s first female architect. However, it got shut down in 2009 but years later became a brewery, the String Sports Brewery today.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–9pm, Fri & Sat 11am–11pm
7. Veterans United Craft Brewery
Veterans United is another must-visit Jacksonville brewery, founded by military veterans who share the same passion for creating tasty craft beers. Military veterans may own this brewery, but they offer exciting and entertaining events from giant Jenga, cornholes, board games, live music, and trivia nights! To help you choose a favorite from their 12 beers on tap, VU Brew lets you explore their ales through their beer samples while sitting back and relaxing or looking at the retro-style and superb US Army posters all over the place. Amazing right? Make sure to bring some of their mouthfeel and solid beers home!
- Crowd Favorite: Raging Blonde, 5.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: HopBanshee,6.5 % ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Mug club members from VU Brew are granted extra four ounces of beer accessible for special events throughout the year.
- Fun Fact: Veterans United Brew is a beer-loving military veterans’ pub founded by former Naval Flight officer Ron Gamble.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 3pm–10pm, Fri 3pm-11pm, Sat 1pm–11pm, Sun 12pm-8pm, Mon Closed
8. Seven Bridges Grille and Brewery
Seven Bridges Grille and Brewery feature a rustic-chic brewery and restaurant with an expansive beer garden, billiard room, and semi-private rooms for private events. This brewery also offers a wide range of dine-in traditional American dishes along with nine house-brewed beers on taps. If beer is not your thing, don’t worry; they also offer a wide range of cocktails and wines, perfect for casual talk and dates. The place extends a spacious all-brown woody interior and an outdoor balcony perfect for catching fresh air and hosting events such as family gatherings, parties, and the like. Pay a visit to Seven Bridges Brewery, unwind, have fun, and enjoy everything homemade!
- Crowd Favorite: Toll Tender IPA, 5.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Southside Pils, 5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Open for dine-in and pickup. Deliveries are currently unavailable.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–12pm, Fri & Sat 11am–1am
9. Hyperion Brewing
Located in the Historic Springfield neighborhood, Hyperion Brewing features an industrial-style taproom with plenty of indoor seating, marble floors, and elegant velvet seats, offering a modern yet cozy atmosphere. With 15 rotating beers on tap and mouth-watering brunch, you can choose to enjoy their brews inside the taproom or at their “secret garden”- Helios Beer Garden, which offers an airy and shady patio (thanks to their golden roof). Have fun with their lawn games, watch your favorite sports, or just simply lounge and relax in this cozy place; you have all the freedom to do so!
- Crowd Favorite: Phoebe’s PB, Porter, 6.5% ABV. An American porter with creamy peanut butter flavor.
- Highly Recommended: Selene Citrine, Blonde Ale, 5.4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Hyperion Brewing offers “The Helios Brewer’s Experience,” where you can reserve a day to brew and name your beer! Check out their page for guidelines.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri 4pm-11pm, Sat 12pm–11pm, Sun 12pm-8pm, Mon & Tue Closed
10. Bottlenose Brewing
Looking for the ultimate taproom extending a kitchen and grill? Check out Bottlenose Brewing! With up to 50 eclectic selections of beers on tap, from light, fruity, malty, or sour, this microbrewery has something for every beer lover’s tastebud. Enjoy a casual, garage-like feels taproom that offers a 90s vibe and a laid-back atmosphere. They also provide plenty of TVs where you can drink while watching your favorite sports game. Not only that, but they also serve exceptional grilled sandwiches and burgers, even impeccable in-house recipe pizzas and fries that would blend well with the tap. Visit Bottlenose Brewing and tick off your Jax Ale Trail Passport!
- Crowd Favorite: Piña Colada Golden Ale , 4.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Chocolate Stout, 5.1% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Bottlenose Brewing is a pet-friendly pub with a restaurant on-site and outdoor seats.
Hours: Open Tue-Fri 3pm–12am, Sat 12pm–1am, Sun 12pm-10pm, Mon Closed