Tampa is a craft beer paradise for beer lovers and connoisseurs on the Gulf Coast of Florida. The city has long been known for its unique culture, beautiful beaches, and great weather, but now it can be known for its excellent craft beer scene as well.
Tampa, the city offers more than 50 breweries, brewpubs, and taprooms, including Cigar City Brewing, a national craft beer pioneer. Let’s kick off your Tampa beer hopping schedule with this list of the 16 best breweries in Tampa. Come and let’s experience the Tampa Bay Effect!
1. Cigar City Brewery
You can’t speak of Florida’s craft beer scene without mentioning Cigar City Brewery! Brewing since 2009; it is one of the largest breweries in Tampa, with three taprooms located in Spruce Street, downtown Tampa and Tampa International Airport. It features a Spanish-style large taproom with ample indoor seating offering a welcoming, family-friendly atmosphere. This brewery is not only known for its iconic Jai Alai IPA, a caramelized citrus beer, but they also serve some of the best Florida-inspired cuisines. Feel free to explore this renowned brewery through a brewery tour and enjoy your beer samples and exciting merch!
- Crowd Favorite: Jai Alai IPA, 7.5% ABV. A hazy, citrusy beer with notes of orange and just the right amount of bitterness.
- Highly Recommended: Maduro Brown Ale, 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: You can now enjoy tasty beers at the Cigar City Tampa International Airport without plane tickets! Check out their website for more details.
- Fun Fact: Their iconic Jai Alai IPA refers to the traditional ball game in Spain.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm, Sun 11am – 10pm.
Address: 3924 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL 33607
2. Coppertail Brewery Co.
Looking for an artistic brewery with a fun beer story? Coppertail Brewery is another local favorite! Their core beers are uniquely brewed with locally sourced ingredients that embody Tampa Bay’s tales and folklores, from its flavors to its creative can arts. Featuring a two-story indoor and outdoor seating with an elegant “old world” theme taproom, Coppertail exudes a relaxing and cozy ambiance. They also serve Florida classics foods like buffalo wings and smash burgers which perfectly complement their brews. So, sip a good pint of beer and enjoy their walls’ creative and unique murals.
- Crowd Favorite: Free Dive IPA, 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Unholy Belgian Tripel, 9.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: A family-friendly brewery welcomes behave dogs on their outdoor patio.
- Fun Fact: Coppertail refers to the owner’s daughter’s imaginative, mysterious creature of Tampa Bay that few lucky ones can only see.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am – 11pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 12am, Sun 11am – 9pm.
Address: 2601 E 2nd Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
3. Angry Chair Brewing
Watch out where you sit in Angry Chair Brewing! True to its name, they have literally uniquely designed chairs and the best stouts in Tampa Bay. This brewery is famous for its German Chocolate Stout and serves 16 craft beers with a wide selection of beer styles, so there is always something for everyone. Angry Chair Brewing features a small industrial taproom with a homey yet yippy atmosphere that is a perfect hangout place. They don’t have bar games or yoga (as it ruins their name), but they offer eclectic music and exciting events like Ric Flair Night!
- Crowd Favorite: Space Grass IPA, 6.7% ABV. A refreshing American IPA with bursting tropical flavors!
- Highly Recommended: German Chocolate Cupcake Stout, 7.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They don’t serve foods, but outside food delivery is welcome.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 4pm – 10pm, Thur 3pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 6401 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
4. Tampa Bay Brewery Company
Another must-visit brewery in Tampa Bay, Florida. It features multiple indoor and outdoor seating and offers a welcoming and friendly ambiance. They also have an expansive outdoor patio and bar. Tampa Bay Brewery is also famous for its annual Lil BADASS Breweries Festival (BABF), where they invited breweries around the country and in Europe to experience craft brews other than in Florida for a fun-filled craft beer celebration. If you got hungry, head to its restaurant and grab delicious food. Not a fan of alcohol? Don’t worry, as they have selections of tasty root beers to choose from.
- Crowd Favorite: Reef Donkey Pale Ale, 5.5% ABV. An excellent dry Pale Ale with notes of citrus and tropical fruit flavors.
- Highly Recommended: Old Elephant Foot IPA, 7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note:
- Fun Fact: Tampa Bay Brewery started as a beer brewing shop and evolved into a large brewery they are today open in two locations.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm.
Address: 1600 E 8th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
5. Hidden Springs Ale Works
There is only one word to describe this place- Funky! With its out-of-this-world murals and can artworks, Hidden Spring Ale Works is the funkiest brewery in Tampa Bay. They feature comfortable indoor and outdoor seating with ample long tables perfect for games and good conversations. They also offer fantastic pastry stouts and fruity ales. Not sure what to order? Try their flights and see which unique craft beer is for you. Plus, they have a lot of parking spaces!
- Crowd Favorite: ZFG Pale Ale, 5.4% ABV. An easy-drinking beer with citrus flavors perfect for warm weather.
- Highly Recommended: Bear Lasers IPA, 6.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Every Thursday they offer a 20% discount.
Hours: Open Mon & Tues 2pm – 8pm, Wed & Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 6pm.
Address: 1631 N Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602
6. Barriehaus Beer Co.
A family-owned and community-centered brewery with 150 years of brewing tradition. Barriehaus specializes in German-style lagers, owing to its German heritage, and brews hand-crafted beer styles for everyone. This brewery features a warm rustic atmosphere that gives a traditional yet modern vibe. They serve delicious hot Cuban sandwiches, and Bavarian pretzels dipped with homemade beer cheese and mustard if you’re looking for sustenance. They have spacious indoor seating and a sizeable half-covered Biergarten perfect for family gatherings and private events.
- Crowd Favorite: Tampa Export Lager, 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: The Dark Lager, 5.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Barriehaus Beer Co. accepts private brewery tours.
Hours: Open Mon – Fri 3pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 6pm.
Address: 1403 E 5th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
7. Magnanimous Brewing
True to its name, Magnanimous goal is to help the community, notably the Tampa-based National Pediatric Cancer Foundation. As a new addition to Tampa Heights craft neighborhood, they are known for their tasty beers and friendly service. This brewery features a relaxing industrial taproom with spacious indoor seating, a round bar, and an expansive outdoor patio. They brew delicious beer and are also proud of their coffee in partnership with Gingerbread coffee, making them a favorite hotspot for everyone who wants to spend an entire day.
- Crowd Favorite: Juice Lord IPA, 7.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Critical Haze IPA, 7.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They have the best Wi-Fi connection and have outlets on every table that are perfect for remote jobs.
- Fun Fact: The owner Charlie Meers is a well-known personality in the beer festival scene as he started his career as an event coordinator, sales director, and tasting manager in different craft breweries.
Hours: Open Daily 7am – 10pm.
Address: 1420 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33602
8. Woven Water Brewing Co.
With its shiny cans, art decorations, and the prominent word “W,” who can’t recognize Tampa Heights’s new addition? Woven Water is a new brewery that opens its door during pandemics and is becoming one of the local and tourist favorites. This brewery has a small, intimate taproom perfect for meeting new friends and socializing on a weekend night. They also got the best cold beers on tap, from ultra-hoppy IPAs to fruity sours. This brewery also features ample indoor seating with an art deco vibe, many bar stools, tables, and couches for pleasant chats and flowing conversations.
- Crowd Favorite: Lucid IPA, 6.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Failsafe Pilsner, 4.8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They don’t have a kitchen, but food trucks are available on rotation.
- Fun Fact: Woven Water got a secret brew that is only available on tap. All you have to do is ask!
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 2pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 456 W Columbus Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
9. 7venth Sun Brewery
Originated in Dunedin, 7venth Sun found its new home in the historic Seminole Heights neighborhood. Boasting a 18,000 square-feet facility which features a welcoming and comfortable industrial taproom overviewing its brewery. Enjoy their crisp and refreshing IPAs while appreciating the different artworks of Tampa’s local artist which are on display. So, bring your crew and participate to their interesting events like trivia nights, DJ and live music or if you got lucky, you could drink all their beers at 50% off if its Local Love Thursday!
- Crowd Favorite: Headbangers IPA, 6.5% ABV. A light American IPA with citrus and fruity flavor.
- Highly Recommended: Mangrove IPA, 9.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: 7venth Sun Brewery don’t serve food, but food trucks are always available at their outside porch.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s name is Devon Kreps (the co-founder and head brewer) lucky number.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 5pm – 10pm, Thur & Fri 3pm – 11pm, Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 6809 N Nebraska Ave Tampa, FL 33604
10. Southern Brewing and Winery
Want a place that offers more than craft beer? Southern Brewing and Winery is your best option. Offering 38 beers on tap, wines, ciders, meads, soda, and more, Southern Brewing has something anyone can enjoy! This brewery features a modern, cozy, and laid-back vibe taproom and spacious beer garden with fire pits where you can relax and enjoy your cold beer. And if you want to try homebrewing, they also have a brewing supply shop that houses more than 100 grains and 80 yeast varieties! They also offer a brewing class, so don’t just sit there, enjoy a cold beer while you shop!
- Crowd Favorite: West Side IPA, 8.5% ABV. A Light-bodied American IPA with notes of tangerine and resin.
- Highly Recommended: Jean Claude Van Graham, 6.3% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Southern Brewing offers private spaces for meetings, dinners, and any private events.
- Fun Fact: Southern Brewing and Winery started as a brewing supply shop, a beer retailer, and now a production brewery!
Hours: Open Tues – Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri 12pm – 11pm, Sat 11am – 11pm, Sun 11am – 10pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 4500 N Nebraska Ave, Tampa, FL 33603
11. Bay Cannon Brewery
Beyond their tasty beers, Bay Cannon is one of Tampa’s favorite destinations for beer lovers and foodies for its delicious foods. With their Head Chef Joshua Keene, they offer more than a gastropub vibe, with its mouth-watering Drunken Mushroom Flatbread and quesadilla and another enticing menu. The brewery features a bright, clean taproom with ample indoor and outdoor seating, giving an airy and comfortable vibe. They offer traditional beer styles as well as wines and ciders.
- Crowd Favorite: Xander IPA, 6% ABV. A hazy IPA.
- Highly Recommended: Elias IPA, 8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: A dog-friendly brewery.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s name refers to the two cannons in the historic West Tampa.
Hours: Open Tues – Thur 4pm – 10pm, Fri 12pm – 10pm, Sat 11am – 10pm, Sun 11am – 7pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 2106 W Main St, Tampa, FL 33607
12. Brew Bus Brewery
Brew Bus Brewery offers the ultimate craft beer experience! Hop on the bus and experience their private and public bus tour around Florida! Aside from its famous tour bus, this brewery is also known for its Pink-hued Berliner-Weisse fruity sour, which now has a new identity as Florida Weisse. Brew Bus Brewery features a canning line, spacious taproom, and brewery tour with complimentary beers on the bus.
- Crowd Favorite: You’re My Boy, Blue, Fruit Beer, 5.3% ABV. A delightful blend of berry and blueberry Fruit Beer.
- Highly Recommended: Last Stop IPA, 7.2% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Brew Bus Brewery is a sister company of Florida Avenue Brewery.
13. Six Ten Brewing Company
Located North of Tampa International Airport, Six Ten Brewing is another excellent addition to Tampa’s craft beer scene. It is a small taproom with ample indoor seating and a minimalist design that offers a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Aside from their dog Maggie, Six Ten is also famous for its excellent beer selections, board games, and friendly service and has quickly become one of the most favorite hangout places in the area. If you want to witness the magical brewing process, feel free to sit in their front rows of bar seats overlooking the brewery.
- Crowd Favorite: CBGB Sour, 3.5% ABV. A Berliner Weisse with refreshing lemon flavor.
- Highly Recommended: Babble to the Nag IPA, 6.8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Six Ten don’t have a kitchen, but you are free to bring outside foods.
- Fun Fact: The brewery name is inspired by the owner’s routine of texting each other every 6:10 PM, informing them that they got out of work during their corporate working days.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 3pm – 10pm, Sun 3pm – 8pm, Mon & Tues Closed.
Address: 7052 Benjamin Rd, Tampa, FL 33634
14. Rock Brothers Brewery
Rock Brothers Brewery is all about a perfect blend of great music, tasty cold beer, and a laid-back atmosphere! Featuring a two-story rustic, brick taproom with ample indoor seating, a full bar, and couches for a relaxing atmosphere. They are famous for their iconic beer tap handles that are microphones. They have a wide selection of craft beer, cocktails, and spirits. And, of course, your night out wouldn’t be complete without witnessing Rock Brother’s live music! They also have an event space that can be rented for private events.
- Crowd Favorite: Hootie’s Home Grown Ale, 5.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Nare Sugar Brown JJ Grey, 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They don’t serve food, but you can call your favorite restaurant nearby for food delivery.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm – 10pm, Fri 4pm – 2am, Sat 1pm – 2am, Sun 1pm – 10pm, Mon & Tues Closed.
Address: 1901 N 15th St, Tampa, FL 33605
15. 81 Bay Brewing Co.
More than a beer-drinking place, 81 Bay Brewing offers fun and entertainment like no other! From their giant mural sculptures and underwater paintings, they also feature a spacious and industrial-style taproom and indoor seating with pool tables, pinball machines, a foosball table, and a stage. A perfect place for a date night or friends and family hangout. This brewery is also a hotspot of events like Bingo Night, Team trivia, live music, and 81 Bay Saturday Market. So, bring your crew and share laughter while enjoying your tasty glass of beer and playing games!
- Crowd Favorite: The Sun Viking IPA, 6.3% ABV. A light and refreshing IPA with mango and tangerine flavor perfect for Florida’s warm weather.
- Highly Recommended: Reel Slo Irish Red, 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They got live music on weekends and now serving delicious pizza!
Hours: Temporarily Closed for Renovations
16. Zydeco Brew Werks
A microbrewery located at East 7th Avenue, Tampa, Zydeco is a brewery and full-service restaurant offering another best craft beer experience. This brewery features a modern, spacious taproom with plenty of indoor seating and a full bar that offers a warm and relaxed ambiance. More than their tasty brews, Zydeco serves delicious foods and excellent service. They also offer private space with plenty of tables, ideal for weddings and other significant private events.
- Crowd Favorite: Pablo IPA, 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Savage Golden Ale, 5.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Zydeco only accepts table reservations.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11:30am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am – 12am.
Address: 1902 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605