Myrtle Beach is known for its beautiful coastlines and seafood restaurants in the heart of South Carolina. What’s missing in between? Craft beers!
Whether you know Myrtle as The Horry County or The Grand Strand, people here share the same respect for history, environment, and balanced life. Having mild weather for most of the year, this is a destination at any time of the year. From stylish to casual, the city’s breweries have different offerings, but beers are always awesome!
1. Crooked Hammock Brewery
Crooked Hammock opened in 2015 in Lewes, Delaware. As the third location, North Myrtle Beach was launched with a 30-barrel system crafting seasonal brews for all locations, and of course, the classic year-rounders best match with their delicious backyard cookout mainstays.
Inspired by big backyard games and great crafted beers to unwind and bring people together, the Myrtle location offers an inviting beer garden with cool seating and a friendly bar for everyone who stops by. There’s a lot to enjoy, like ping pong, the Hammock, and creative spots to take those selfies.
- Crowd Favorite: Beach Escape. A crisp and hoppy Session IPA with 4.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: South To Somewhere
- Hop-py note: Kid-friendly. Brewery tours. Private event hosting. Live music.
- Fun Fact: Crooked Hammock holds the annual Beer Drinkers’ Choice Awards in Delaware.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm
Address: 4924 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Contact: (843)962-7238 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Tidal Creek Brewhouse
Located in the historic Market Common District, Tidal Creek offers specialty craft beers in a community-focused brewery. The owners just love the creeks and the people, especially the veterans, that they wanted to share the best of Tidal Creek with its locals and those coming out of town with their own drafts, delicious low country food, and coffee.
The brewery’s refreshing environment has an inviting and spacious beer garden where you can see their friendly Doberman Argus walking around and a comfortable self-service taproom/restaurant that offers 20 taps for hop buddies paying a visit.
- Crowd Favorite: Grand Strand IPA. A hop-balance West Coast IPA with 6.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Breezy Blonde
- Hop-py note: Pet and family-friendly. Movie nights. Indoor and outdoor seating. Live music. Private event hosting.
- Fun Fact: The crab from Tidal Creek’s Brewhouse logo is a fiddler crab, a prominent wild-life you would find in Tidal Creek.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 8am-10pm, Fri & Sat 8am-11pm
Address: 3421 Knoles St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Contact: (843)839-0959 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. New South Brewing Co.
Founded in 1998, New South Brewing is a small brewery along the neighborhood of Campbell St. in Myrtle Beach. With a 20-barrel brewhouse, they’ve consistently worked on producing quality ales and lagers for their community to some parts of South Carolina in cans and kegs.
A simple hub for beer lovers looking for fresh and flavorful drafts, its taproom within the brewhouse facility has a casual and relaxed atmosphere and an unpretentious patio best for hanging out. As they’re only allowed to craft beers for on-premise consumption, staying updated with what’s on taps is always recommended.
- Crowd Favorite: Dirty Myrtle. A hoppy Imperial/Double IPA with 8.9% ABV
- Highly Recommended: White Ale
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. BYO food. Brewery tours. Gift card. Food trucks.
- Fun Fact: New South is now brewing freshly roasted coffee as well.
Hours: Open Tue-Fri 4:30pm-7pm, Sat & Sun 1pm-5pm, Mon Closed
Address: 1109 Campbell St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Contact: (843)916-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Gordon Biersch Brewery & Restaurant
Launched in 1988 and currently, with 13 US locations, Gordon Biersch has won the American palate, from fresh German lagers to the finest American craft beer. Various beers are crafted on every site with an amazing menu prepared fresh-to-order by chefs. Like the one on Myrtle, the brewery has new fresh drafts every week paired with tasty food like the entrees and pizzas, complemented by those who have already tried them.
The Myrtle location is along the beautiful street of Howard Avenue, with a classic-stylish tap room and dining tables that create a pleasant ambiance.
- Crowd Favorite: Schwarzbier. A crisp and refreshing Black Lager with 4.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: IPA
- Hop-py note: Live music. Gift card. Private event rentals. Outdoor seating.
- Fun Fact: Gordon Biersch has already won numerous gold medals from the Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup.
Hours: Open Daily 11am–11:28pm
Address: 3060 Howard Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Contact: (843)839-0249 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Grand Strand Brewing Company
A proud veteran-owned brewery, Grand Strand Brewing is one of the emerging breweries in Myrtle. A red brick-clad taproom with an eclectic interior offers a great variety of 12 craft beers on tap, from sour to a coffee lager with ales, pilsners, and IPAs. In contrast, a spacious beer garden awaits those groups who want an outdoor chill while holding their pints. A new destination for hop-advocate locals and tourists.
The brewery also offers tasty plates of food that go well with their brews, aside from the oysters and burgers fancied by regulars.
- Crowd Favorite: Airbrush Hazy Ipa. A smooth and easy New England/Hazy IPA with 6.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Sandy Cheeks
- Hop-py note: Dog and kid-friendly. Thursday’s free outdoor concert. Pub games.
- Fun Fact: Grand Strand Brewing supports Operation Gratitude, volunteers that pay homage to Military, Veterans, and First Responders.
Hours: Open Mon 4pm-8pm, Tue-Thur 12pm-8pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-9pm, Sun 12pm-8pm
Address: 819 N Kings Hwy Unit 101, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Contact: (843)839-2801 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Independent Republic Brewing Co.
Located along the banks of Intercoastal Waterway, Independent Republic Brewing is surely a place to go for beer enthusiasts. Established by accomplished locals with their award-winning brewmaster, Sean Taylor, they boast a great selection of beers crafted with the taste of Horry County, independent and unique.
You and your friends are bound to enjoy the tasty brews in a beer garden with waterway views and amazing food like the variety of fried seafood served with fries or tacos with a flight of their assorted beers while country-style music plays.
- Crowd Favorite: Boat Days. A light and sweet pilsner with 4% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Cybernetic Organism
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Free concerts and themed parties. Live music. Trivia nights.
- Fun Fact: Horry County has been South Carolina’s Independent Republic since the mid-1800s.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 2pm-9pm, Fri 2pm-10pm, Sat & Sun 12pm-10pm
Address: 201 Fantasy Harbour Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Contact: (843)903-2628 | Facebook | Instagram | Website