Tacoma is a city in Washington known for its vibrant culture, beautiful art, and top-notch cuisine. But what many do not know is it holds a fantastic beer scene, unlike many others. Although the breweries are not as grand as others, each has its own style that appeals to a beer drinker’s heart.
So if you want to taste a unique and brewed-from-the-soul beer, come on and let us guide you to these 6 amazing breweries in Tacoma.
1. 7 Seas Brewing
Like other breweries, 7 Seas Brewing has endured hurdles and enjoyed hardships to serve the people of Tacoma and Gig Harbor delicious beers. 7 Seas has been possible with the strong friendship and passion of its founders, Mike and Travis. Today, 7 Seas is proud to be a local favorite and the first craft brewery to produce beer in cans in Washington.
7 Seas Brewing’s Tacoma taproom boasts a spacious industrial space and a magnificent full bar showcasing a variety of local offerings aside from its barrel-aged ales and delicious beers. You can find different wines, kombucha, and gluten-free beer, as well as a nitro cold brew and various non-alcoholic drinks.
- Crowd Favorite: IPA: Formerly Rude Parrot IPA. A big juicy, and citrusy American IPA with 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Double IPA: Formerly Ballz Deep
- Hop-py Note: Private event hostings. Wheelchair accessible. Offers flights.
Hours: Open Daily 11am-10pm
Address: 2101 Jefferson Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
Contact: (253)572-7770 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. E9 Brewing Co.
Serving Tacoma as its first craft brewery, E9 Brewing began its operation in 1995 with a 7-barrel brewing system. Through the founder’s effort, what started as a small brewery is now a well-established beer company that distributes locally and internationally.
With E9 Brewing’s rich history, it adds to the experience you have when you visit the brewery. You can enjoy 12 taps of its premium beer in its industrial taproom and devour its freshly baked wood-fired pizza. And you can also indulge yourself in some local wines or spirits if you are not up for some beers.
- Crowd Favorite: India Pale Ale. A strong golden American IPA with 6.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Rowdy Dick Amber
- Hop-py Note: Sells merchandise and gift cards. Offers takeout.
- Fun Fact: E9 Brewing is founded by two native Tacoma newspaper reporters, Win and Bob.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri 3pm-10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-9pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 2506 Fawcett Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
Contact: (253)383-7707 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Odd Otter Brewing Company
If you want fun, then hurry up and visit Odd Otter Brewing in Downtown Tacoma. It is a brewery owned by five personalities, three of which have military backgrounds. Owen McGrane, one of the owners, is an experienced and award-winning homebrewer and serves as the brewery’s head brewer. He is behind Odd Otter’s unique and limited brews that he crafted in his 1 barrel system.
With Odd Otter’s military ties, it gives a 15% discount to all men and women in uniform, as well as for veterans and first responders. Moreover, the brewery also offers homebrewing kits with its own recipe, such as the Did Carole Do It?
- Crowd Favorite: Ottermelon Hefeweizen. A tasty wheat beer with a 5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Ottzel Quatzel
- Hop-py Note: Karaoke and Trivia nights. Kid and dog-friendly.
- Fun Fact: The brewery’s building was constructed somewhere in the 1880s, which means it is over a century old.
Hours: Open Mon-Wed 2pm-12am, Thur 2pm-2am, Fri 2pm-12am, Sat & Sun 11am-12am
Address: 716 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
Contact: (253)383-1608 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Odin Brewing Company
Serving as a Tukwila original, Odin Brewing is a successful microbrewery that has two active locations in Washinton. Its headquarters in Tukwila has a magnificent warehouse patio with a full private bar, while its Tacoma location boasts a wonderful bay view.
Odin Brewing’s Tacoma taproom serves its flagship beers and a full food menu. You can enjoy shareable or small menus for specific meals of the day. And aside from beers, you can get a variety of wines, cocktails, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages for the little ones.
- Crowd Favorite: Odin’s Gift. A juniper berry-infused American red ale with 5.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Galactic Space Dragon
- Hop-py Note: Vegan and vegetarian food options. Offers delivery and takeout.
- Fun Fact: Odin Brewing’s Tacoma location offers a private space for group reservations, with tables, entertainment, and a private server.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri 11am-10pm, Sat 10am-10pm, Sun 10am-9pm
Address: 203 Tacoma Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98402
Contact: (253)301-3636 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Sig Brewing Co.
Another local brewery that earned a spot on our list is Sig Brewing Company, which focuses on crafting good food and great beer. It ensures that all guests enjoy their stay with its wide selection of beer and hearty food. You can find all sorts of food items, from seafood and meat to pasta and vegetarian dishes. And you can pair these delicious fares with its out-of-the-box brews, from innovative sours to bright-colored fruit beers.
Sig Brewing is also committed to creating a friendly vibe, so pets are welcome to the patio to make the place livelier, and kids are also welcome till 7 pm. Moreover, you can request vegan food if you prefer having some.
- Crowd Favorite: MG2020. A delicious mango and guava fruit beer with 6.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Quattuordecuple
- Hop-py Note: Offers takeout. Street parking. Wheelchair accessible.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri 3pm-10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 10am-5pm, Mon & Tue Closed
Address: 2534 Tacoma Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98402
Contact: (253)503-6446 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Black Fleet Brewing
Brewing since 2018, Black Fleet has made a name to the locals as a friendly brewpub that caters to all types of visitors, from individuals to families looking for a place to relax. It has appealed to locals and tourists alike because of its variety of tasty brews and simple yet delicious fresh fare.
Black Fleet Brewing has a taproom with a mix of modern and medieval-like themes because of its black and white color and mini chandeliers. You’ll surely have an easy drinking experience with Black Fleet’s pint and flight options, and choose any brew from its 12 taps of fresh beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Vengeance IPA. A hop-forward American IPA with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Freebooter’s Dunkel Weissbier
- Hop-py Note: Kid-friendly. Street and bike parking. Wheelchair accessible.
- Fun Fact: Black Fleet based its name on the rich history of Tacoma and the dark journey of a French noblewoman named Jeanne de Clisson, that turned into a pirate.
Hours: Open Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-9pm, Sun 12pm-7pm, Mon-Wed Closed
Address: 2302 Fawcett Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
Contact: (253)327-1641 | Facebook | Instagram | Website