Fort Wayne will please you if you are a beer enthusiast who loves trying new breweries. Although the city has decade-old breweries, most of the places you’ll find are new. The reason is that the surge of entrepreneurs trying to find the perfect location for their business is never-ending. And Fort Wayne is an excellent city for building breweries.
You will find different breweries, restaurants, and brewpubs that offer one-of-a-kind brews that will tickle your tastebuds. Every brewery has signature beers, so make sure you visit as many as possible. So, are you ready to take a flight and indulge in a great beer experience? Come and discover the best breweries in Fort Wayne, Indiana!
1. 2 Toms Brewing Co.
2 Toms is a 4-year-old microbrewery located in the History Wells St, Fort Wayne. The brewery had a tough time during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, the business kept running and growing. It was thanks to Tom, the owner of the brewery, who has an MBA and corporate background to help him handle his business better.
2 Toms offers a wide range of beers, including IPAs, stouts, sour fruit ales, and more. They constantly come up with new flavors, such as chocolate roasted coffee. You can also reserve their Barrel Room if you have an event you want to book.
- Crowd Favorite: Major IPA. Double dry hopped hazy IPA with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Bird Law
- Hop-py note: Family-friendly. Indoor and outdoor seating. Wheelchair accessible. Bike parking.
- Fun Fact: The birth of 2 Toms name resulted from his eagerness to manage all his hobbies and passion. It means he doesn’t need a clone or surrender a hobby as he can do everything himself.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 6pm, Mon & Tues Closed.
2. Granite City Food & Brewery
Granite City Brewing is an award-winning regional brewery with 18 locations throughout the United States. The brewery believes that fresh beer tastes better, making new brews from scratch in all their restaurant breweries. And to go well with their award-winning beers, they also make made-from-scratch gourmet food for their beloved customers.
Enjoy a delicious meal and a variety of locally brewed ales at their Fort Wayne branch. The brewery offers exceptional service and can host events and parties.
- Crowd Favorite: The Duke. An English Pale Ale with bold malt and hoppy flavors containing 5.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: The Bennie
- Hop-py note: Outdoor seating. Kid-friendly. Private lot parking. Free Wi-Fi.
- Fun Fact: BBQ Holdings, a national BBQ restaurant company, officially acquired all of Granite City’s branches in March 2020.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm, Sun 9am – 9pm.
3. Junk Ditch Brewing Company
Junk Ditch was founded in 2015 by three hospitality-minded people with the same passion for brewing premium crafts. The brewery prides itself on making everything from scratch, and it shows in the quality of its brews!
Junk Ditch is committed to only serving food, beers, and wines with premium ingredients from local farms and producers. You will taste their handcraft quality beers and fresh gourmet foods when visiting the brewery. The place has a spacious outdoor lawn where their food trucks are located and where you can relax while you enjoy great beer and food.
- Crowd Favorite: Golden Oats. An earthy and hoppy oatmeal IPA with 8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: St. Jerome
- Hop-py note: Outdoor seating. Free Wi-Fi. Bike and private lot parking. Wheelchair Accessible.
- Fun Fact: The three founders of Junk Ditch also owns Affine Hospitality, Affine Food Truck, and GK Baked Goods, all are essential businesses to their local community.
Hours: Open Mon & Tues 4:30pm – 10pm, Wed – Fri 11am – 10pm, Sat & Sun 10am – 10pm.
Address: 1825 W Main St, Fort Wayne, IN 46808
4. Summit City Brewerks
Summit City Brewerks has been operating in Fort Wayne for over seven years. Unquestionably, they are one of the most visited local breweries in the city. The brewery features over 30 brews on tap, all made in-house, and commits to constantly coming up with new recipes for its customers.
At Summit, you can dine inside or on its outdoor patio with picnic tables, pub tables, and a custom granite bar. They provide a variety of indoor activities, including pool and darts, as well as live music. They also carry a few gluten-free beers from other local breweries. You could also sample one of their artisanal wines.
- Crowd Favorite: Toast & Jam. Red ale with coffee and strawberry notes and 5.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Mango Monkey
- Hop-py note: Kid-friendly. Outdoor seating. Street, bike, and private lot parking.
Hours: Open Mon 4pm – 11pm, Wed & Thur 4pm – 11pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 8pm, Tues Closed.
5. Trubble Brewing
In 2015, Trubble Brewing opened its doors to the locals at Fort Wayne. Owners Chad and Keli Hankee are passionate about growing their craft brewery and finding more people to share their love for Brewing. Trubble offers a variety of craft beers and food items to cater to almost all kinds of people. They even offer vegan options such as vegan pizza for those who want it.
Trubble Brewing is dog-friendly, letting your furry friends stay on their lovely patio and even place water bowls. And it is the only brewery in Fort Wayne that makes its dog food and provides dog beds, leaving it a special pet-friendly place.
- Crowd Favorite: Mindtrap IPA3. Centennial hopped American IPA with 7.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Draconian Scotch Ale Heavy
- Hop-py note: Private lot parking. Family-friendly. Offers catering. Indoor and outdoor seating.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm – 9pm, Fri 4pm – 10pm, Sat 11am – 10pm, Sun 10am – 4:30pm, Mon & Tues Closed.
6. Mad Anthony Brewing Co.
Mad Anthony Brewing was established in 1998, with Todd Grantham and Blaine Stuckey serving as its owners and previous brewmasters. Mad Anthony is among the oldest and longest-running breweries in the city. After years of being in business, the brewery now has four different locations in Indiana.
Mad Anthony’s Fort Wayne branch offers a laid-back vibe that’s perfect for unwinding after a long day at work or a long day of travel. They provide live music every week for all music fans to enjoy, along with superb cuisine and various refreshments. They serve one of the best Chicago-style pizzas in the city, along with their popular unwraps and a wide variety of other delectable appetizers.
- Crowd Favorite: Good Karma IPA. A balanced malty and hoppy medium-bodied IPA with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Mosaic Moon
- Hop-py note: Kid-friendly. Live music. Outdoor seating. Free Wi-Fi. Bike and private lot parking.
- Fun Fact: The name of the brewery comes from the war veteran General “Mad Anthony” Wayne, where the name of the city Fort Wayne also comes from.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm.
7. Chapman’s Brewing Company
Chapman’s Brewing is a business founded in Angola by a group of people who thought that you should brew beer how it should be. They believe beer should have a rich flavor, be drinkable, and be meticulously brewed. Aside from Fort Wayne, Chapman also has taprooms in Columbia City, Wabash, and Huntington.
Today, Chapman’s taproom offers fresh beers for the locals and tourists to enjoy. The brewery is proud to deliver premium quality and rich-in flavor beers to all beer enthusiasts around Indiana.
- Crowd Favorite: Englishman. Southern English Brown Ale with chocolate and coffee notes and 4.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Undaunted
- Hop-py note: Indoor seating. TV’s inside for entertainment. Extensive food selection.
Hours: Open Tues – Thur 11am – 9pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm, Mon & Sun Closed.
8. Fortlandia Brewing Company
Fortlandia is the first nano-brewery in Fort Wayne. They make a small selection of beers you can try at their taproom on Spring Street, where they feature 10 rotating taps daily.
They offer a taproom where you can sit and enjoy a frosty glass of ale while also purchasing a bottle to take home with you. Although the brewery does not sell meals onsite, several food trucks are parked outside for patrons to choose from.
- Crowd Favorite: Udderly Awesome. Smooth, decadent stout with 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Hazy In the ’08
- Hop-py note: Indoor and outdoor seating. Street and private lot parking. Occasional live music.
- Fun Fact: Fortlandia is owned by five people who became friends after meeting at the Miami Area Society of Homebrewers.
Hours: Open Thur & Fri 5pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 1pm – 8pm, Mon – Wed Closed.
Address: 1010 Spring St, Fort Wayne, IN 46808