As the third largest city in Texas, Dallas creates wide traffic of craft beer drinkers looking for the most exquisite brews. Numerous breweries emerged in the city to cater to the growing demand, which also stems from the passion of brewers to create the most perfect and suitable drinks for the tastebuds of locals and people worldwide.
If ever you’re having a hard time deciding which to select, let us narrow down your choices with these nine best breweries pouring premium craft beers in Dallas, Texas.
1. Deep Ellum Brewing Company
Established in 2011, Deep Ellum is beyond proud to serve Dallas as its first craft brewery. Its patrons love it for serving the most delectable pizzas, tacos, and sandwiches, cooked directly from its in-house kitchen. A wide selection of 18 hoppy beers, ranging from Texas back to hard seltzer, can perfectly match up its sought-after pub fare.
Deep Ellum’s contemporary and rustic interior taproom, combined with the sunny and windy deck, makes it the best place for a relaxing beer o’clock. If you are interested in digging deeper into the brewery’s history and processes, you can join its tours available at three different time slots every Saturday.
- Crowd Favorite: Deep Ellum IPA. A fruity, citrusy, and piney American IPA with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Ballas Blonde
- Hop-py Note: Music Bingo. Trivia nights. Sells merchandise.
- Fun Fact: Deep Ellum derived its name from its historical neighborhood name, the live music capital of North Texas.
Hours: Open Mon & Tue 3pm–10pm, Wed-Sat 11am–10pm, Sun 12pm–7pm
Address: 2823 St Louis St, Dallas, TX 75226
Contact: (214)888-3322 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Community Beer Company
With 8 all year round and 3 seasonal Texas-style beers, Community Beer aims to be a vital part of creating memorable experiences. From its top-notch, customized equipment, Community Beer has managed to craft world-class, award-winning beers that also shaped many lives, as some of its sales go to charities.
Community Beer has a first-come basis Saturday Brewery Tour and Open House for a walkabout to the brewery’s two-story industrial theme taproom and beer garden. Upbeat live music and food trucks cooking mouth-watering treats are also up to alleviate the event.
- Crowd Favorite: Mosaic IPA. A hoppy American IPA with 8.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Witbier
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Trivia nights. Occasional Yoga.
- Fun Fact: Community Beer’s Nada Non-alcoholic IPA won bronze at the Great American Beer Festival 2022.
Hours: Open Tue & Wed 3pm–10pm, Thur & Fri 11am–10pm, Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am–10pm, Mon Closed
Address: 3110 Commonwealth Dr, Dallas, TX 75247
Contact: (214)751-7921 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Celestial Beerworks
Driven by its desire to deliver the freshest, hop-forward, approachable, and most complex drinks, Celestial Beerworks pours 16 delectable beers. You can have these crisp IPAs, Italian pilsner, and sours on icy draft or flights of three 8 oz. If you’re in a rush, a quick grab of its can to-go is available with wines, ciders, and sparkling water bottles.
Celestial Beerworks provides a lively vibe in its mural-decorated taproom to make the most of your drinking hour. Aromatic fresh street tacos, hot pizza, and Turkey picadillo, with oh-so-good live music, will unquestionably make your stay here exceptional.
- Crowd Favorite: Double Stars. Juicy and fruity Imperial IPA with 8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Electromagnetism
- Hop-py Note: Kid and Dog-friendly. Trivia night. Music Bingo.
- Fun Fact: Celestial Beerworks has a week-long event, catering donations of winter care kits to the homeless.
Hours: Open Mon 2pm-7pm, Tue-Thur 2pm–9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 12pm–7pm
Address: 2530 Butler St, Dallas, TX 75235
Contact: (972)707-0523 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Four Corners Brewing Company
As vibrant as its cans of beers, Four Corners opened in 2012, brewing flavorful and artfully crafted drinks with its 7-bbl system. It has five year-round brews on tap and three special releases, varying from hoppy, malty, and crisp styles and flavors. Non-beer options like green tea, sparkling lemonade, and hard kombucha are also up for you to relish.
Four Corners has fun activities to offer its patrons, like the ever-favorite Dama night, which the exciting prizes make more thrilling. Curated Night Market lights up the brewery every first Friday of the month, where more than 15 local artisans gather to cater their creations.
- Crowd Favorite: El Chingón. Malty American-style IPA with 7.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Local Buzz
- Hop-py Note: Kid and Dog-friendly. Sells merchandise. Live entertainment.
- Fun Fact: To brew one batch of Local Buzz, Four Corners has to use 180 lbs of 100% pure Texas honey.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm–10pm, Fri 3pm-11pm, Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 12pm–8pm
Address: 1311 S Ervay St, Dallas, TX 75215
Contact: Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Peticolas Brewing Company
Praised for its well-designed and clever layout, Peticolas Brewing boasts a 2,500 square foot tri-level space featuring a Gameloft, alcove, and grain room, where you can play games like ring toss, shuffleboard, and foosball. It also has a bar with TVs and an adjoining open garage door for a perfect spot for entertainment and a windy drinking experience.
Michael Peticolas, the so-called William Wallace of craft beer, founded the brewery as a lone man. Today, with the multiple recognitions Peticolas Brewing has, patrons, line up to taste its 21 luscious award-winning beers on tap and 14 limited releases.
- Crowd Favorite: Velvet Hammer. A smooth and sweet Imperial red ale with 9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Sit Down, Or I’ll Sit You Down
- Hop-py Note: Brewery tours. Game night. Live music. Kid-friendly.
- Fun Fact: Peticolas Brewing won gold at the Great American Beer Festival in its first year.
Hours: Open Tue-Fri 12pm–10pm, Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12pm–6pm, Mon Closed
Address: 1301 Pace St, Dallas, TX 75207
Contact: (214)234-7600 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Manhattan Project Beer Company
Since 2016, Manhattan Project Beer has served many craft drink lovers since it is also a coffee shop. It offers strong and hot espressos, macchiatos, and cappuccino, which are the perfect contraries of ice-cold IPAs, gose, and hefeweizen, but both crafts are brewed with equal amounts of love.
Manhattan Project Beer also operates a gluten-free scratch kitchen, heating the steaks with meats from a local grass-fed cattle ranch. The tasty meals and the brewery’s 20 beers on tap, combined with the best atmosphere, make Manhattan Project Beer a highly recommended place to relax.
- Crowd Favorite: Half Life. A citrus-flavored and piney New England IPA with 6.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Hoppenheimer
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Bingo night. Sells merchandise.
- Fun Fact: Manhattan Project Beer won Best Brewery at Best of Big D 2022.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 7:30am–10pm, Fri 7:30pm–12am, Sat 10am-12am, Sun 10am–10pm
Address: 2215 Sulphur St, Dallas, TX 75208
Contact: (469)678-8870 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Westlake Brewing Company
Westlake is the perfect spot for gatherings, whether for birthday parties or corporate events. It has an expansive taproom with a classic interior and a sunlit patio that can cater to up to 370 people.
Westlake can make any occasion memorable with its finest handcrafted 14-draft beers and four four-packed beers. Any of these brews will surely make the greatest pair with baked chicken wings, huge pretzels, and other fares from the brewery’s in-house restaurant. Even with its in-house treats, Westlake still welcomes outside food. Just don’t forget to have the brewery’s craft sodas and artisan flatbreads specialty to not miss Westlake’s trademark.
- Crowd Favorite: Rainout Hazy. American-style IPA with 6.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Y’All-Star IPA
- Hop-py Note: Trivia night. Free yoga. Music bingo.
- Fun Fact: Westlake’s Peter Porter won gold at the Great American Beer Festival 2022.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am–9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12pm–8pm
Address: 2816 Commerce St, Dallas, TX 75226
Contact: (877)994-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Vector Brewing
Vector Brewing is owned by Craig Bradley, a graphic designer who opted to follow his passion for crafting beers. This burning dedication created a wide array of small batches, handcrafted ales, lagers, and wood-aged mixed culture fermentations. You can taste 13 of them on tap, which can be relished in 5 oz tasters, pints, and 16 oz cans and bottles to-go. A huge selection of wines, cider, kombucha, and other non-alcoholic, gluten-free drinks are also up for you to delight in.
Not just its delectable drinks make Vector a local favorite but also its activities-packed taproom, such as the most anticipated Rocky Horror Picture Show once in a while.
- Crowd Favorite: Mountain Child. A light and crisp German pilsner with 5.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Bullpen Classic American Lager
- Hop-py Note: Sells merchandise. Live music. Trivia night.
- Fun Fact: From the vector art, where the brewery got its name, Vector means infinitely scalable without distortion.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am–8pm, Mon Closed
Address: 9850 Walnut Hl Ln #405, Dallas, TX 75238
Contact: (469)676-0797 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. White Rock Alehouse & Brewery
Whether you’re a visitor on a stroll to the picturesque White Rock Lake area or a local simply craving craft beer, White Rock Alehouse offers an extensive selection of bestseller classic blonde ale, IPAs, and pilsner, with craft cocktails, tequila, and cordials on the side.
For you to have the proper relaxation in White Rock, the brewery created a casual patio, breezy beer garden, and naturally-lighted taproom. Some classic pub grubs with fares for kids and dogs are also available, which will surely make your any-time-of-the-day drink in the brewery remarkable.
- Crowd Favorite: Urban Parakeet. A fruity, citrusy, and sweet American IPA with 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: White Rock IPA
- Hop-py Note: Live music. Trivia night. Dog-friendly.
- Fun Fact: White Rock’s IPO IPA won silver at the 2019 US Open Beer Championship.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 3pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am–9pm
Address: 7331 Gaston Ave #100, Dallas, TX 75214
Contact: (214)989-7570 | Facebook | Instagram | Website