The best experiences are the most cherished moments in life. And there’s no better place for that to happen than in Napa Valley, where great things thrive around you. Napa Valley’s magnificent landscapes and countryside will leave you in awe of its beauty. With a vast crop production, especially grapes, this place has become a hotspot for wineries. Little did we know that this wine country also excels in breweries.
Napa Valley’s beer-making industry has earned a good reputation through the years. And the only way they are going is to the top. There’s no stopping them from curating more diverse and world-class beers. Now, allow us to walk you through the best breweries in Napa Valley and experience their greatness like a local.
1. Fieldwork Brewing
Fieldwork’s accessible access location, beers, and cool atmosphere are some of the things that won people’s hearts. This brewpub’s taproom has been a crowd puller for resting near Napa’s Oxbow Public Market. Fieldwork excels in offering a distinctive list of beers that other breweries may not have.
With a wide range of well-curated beers, guests adore Fieldwork’s pre-made and make-your-own flights. As for the unique beers on tap, samples are available for you to try. And if you can’t get enough of their beers, they have cans, growlers, and crowlers ready for take-home.
- Crowd Favorite: Pulp. A New England hazy IPA with 6.9% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They have plenty of seating such as indoors, a large outdoor patio with tents, and a fire pit.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 12pm–9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm.
Address: 1046 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559
Contact: (707) 927-3514 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Trade Brewing
Up for a brewery tour right off the main street of Napa Valley downtown? Give Trade Brewing a shot to taste their locally crafted impressive beers. Experience casual beer drinking in their huge pub space. Plenty of seating options are provided, including an outdoor covered front area, indoor bar and tables, and outdoor back open space.
Trade brewing is not only for alcohol-drinking guests. Because they also offer nonalcoholic drinks and a food menu as well. Have fun while dining at Trade Brewing with a basketball playoff showing or live band music in the background.
- Crowd Favorite: 220V. An American IPA with 6.9% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: A very dog-friendly brewpub.
- What’s New: They invite different great music bands for their Sunday Funday’s Music and announce it on their Facebook page.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 12pm–9pm.
Address: 731 1st St, Napa, CA 94559
Contact: (707) 492-8223 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Napa Palisades Saloon
A phenomenal brewery that opened its doors in 2015. Since then, Napa Palisades’ beers have been distributed to some of the first-class restaurants in Napa Valley. At the same time, this brewpub has been featuring other beers from the neighboring breweries and their curation.
Napa Palisades Saloon is a haven for both beer and food enthusiasts. You’ll surely enjoy their exemplary gourmet service with over 30 well-crafted beers on tap. As for the food, this brewery specializes in traditional comfort foods. Some of them are tasty burgers, sandwiches, chicken wings, salads, and desserts. When it comes to drinks, they have a comprehensive offering of cocktails and wines aside from their craft beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Loco IPA with 7.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dining options are indoors, in a bar area, and outdoors.
- Highly Recommended: This brewery is your spot if you’re a sports fan and want to watch a game while having a beer.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11:30am–9pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–11pm, Sun 9:30am–9pm.
Address: 1000 Main St #100, Napa, CA 94559
Contact: (707) 492-3399 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Napa Smith Brewery
Looking for a go-to place to have classic American craft beers? Napa Smith Brewery in Vallejo Napa Valley will surely fit the bill. Their universal quality beers won’t disappoint as they commit to only crafting them from the best ingredients.
Napa Smith Brewery has a massive open space provided to enjoy their taps and packaged beers with a huge selection. The entertaining atmosphere here is top-notch, thanks to their pinball machines, shuffleboard, dart board, and some party games to play on your table.
- Crowd Favorite: Hopageddon. An imperial double IPA with 9.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Outside foods are allowed to enjoy with Napa Smith’s beers.
Hours: Open Fri 2pm-8pm, Sat & Sun 12pm-6pm, Mon-Thur Closed.
Address: 850 Bordeaux Way Suite 8, Napa, CA 94558
Contact: (707) 666-2592 | Instagram | Website
5. Downtown Joe’s Brewery and Restaurant
The one with a decade of experience in beer crafting has been sought-after since the 90s. Your wins at Downtown Joe’s are the locally crafted beers, savory restaurant food, and the stunning river view. The excellent beers they offer are spot on and great to pair with the tasty foods from their restaurant.
Your good time at Downtown Joe’s won’t be complete if you don’t try dining outdoors. It is wonderful that they have tables outside along the river. Also, this brewery-restaurant hosts fun events such as live music, holiday celebrations, group parties, and sports viewing.
- Crowd Favorite: Double Secret Probation. A double IPA with 9% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly outdoor patio is available. You may visit during breakfast and lunch.
- Highly Recommended: BBQ lovers should try Downtown Joe’s superb BBQ.
Hours: Open Mon-Sun 8am–12am.
Address: 902 Main St, Napa, CA 94559
Contact: (707) 258-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. St. Clair Brown Winery and Brewery
I bet anyone would sign up for a brewery within a culinary garden. Your beer tasting experience at St. Claire will be refreshing and unique as ever. This is a fantastic place composed of a winery, microbrewery, and garden packed into one. Here, you’re surely pleased to have your drinks outdoors with a surrounding of flowers, vegetables, lemon trees, and other greenery.
St. Claire specializes in serving beer flights, flagship beers, wines, and delectable foods on its menu. Plus, their pours are pretty generous, which their guests love, and another reason why they keep coming back.
- Crowd Favorite: Honey Wheat Ale. An American Pale Ale with 5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dogs are welcome.
- Fun Fact: St. Clair Brown Winery and Brewery took its name after the two owners. One is Elaine St. Clair, who is a brewmaster/winemaker the other is Laina Brown, who is the pub’s President.
Hours: Open Thur 12pm–6pm, Fri-Sat 12pm–8pm, Sun 12pm–6pm, Mon-Wed Closed.
Address: 816 Vallejo St, Napa, CA 94559
Contact: (707) 255-5591 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Hop Creek Pub
Hop Creek Pub is considered a hidden gem in Napa Valley. A locally owned microbrewery that has a surrounding nature of greenery and trees. You might even have a deer sighting experience while dining if you’re fortunate enough.
This brewpub provides a homey atmosphere that makes it a perfect place for groups and families of all ages. Their diverse food and kid’s menu are huge enough to satisfy anyone. And, of course, Hop Creek’s killer drinks are things you shouldn’t miss. They have a good deal of wine, spirits, and well-crafted beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Pliny the Elder. A double imperial IPA with 8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dog Friendly and has outdoor seating options.
Hours: Open Mon-Sat 11am–9pm, Sun Closed.
Address: 3253 Browns Valley Rd, Napa, CA 94558
Contact: (707) 257-7708 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. HopMonk Tavern
Want to take your beer adventure further but not too far? HopMonk Tavern is a brewery near Napa, located in Sonoma. This visit-worthy place is nestled just about a 23-minute drive away from Downtown Joe’s Brewery and Restaurant.
HopMonk has a lot to offer, from drinks to snacks. Serving over 16 beer taps, 30 types of bottled beers, and an extended food menu. Aside from the fine beers, you may also try their cocktails, hard ciders, and wines.
- Crowd Favorite: Land of Rainbows. A farmhouse ale with 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They have plenty of indoor and outdoor dog-friendly seating.
- What’s New: Delivery and take-out are always available.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–9pm, Fri & Sat 11am–10pm.
Address: 230 Petaluma Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472
Contact: (707) 829-7300 | Facebook | Instagram | Website