If you are one of the ever-increasing numbers of people experiencing the craft beer craze, Orlando is a fantastic place to be. Craft and microbreweries can be found all over the city. They provide various beers, including ales, stouts, lagers, and organic beers. As a result, these establishments make for excellent off-site gathering places.
You can enjoy going to different locations within or near Orlando and get the beer tour experience you need. And many of these breweries also serve food.
Regardless of where you are in the city, you’ll never be more than a few blocks away from a top-notch brewpub that will open its doors and pour you a cold glass of beer. So, have fun and look at some of the best breweries in Orlando, FL.
1. Dead Words Brewing
The story of Dead Words Brewing started when two men with the same passion for brewing teamed up and made their craft a reality. The brewpub holds onto its tagline “there’s a beer for everyone” by serving Resurrection, Traditional, Evolution, and Abomination beers. They have hard Belgian tripel, strong sours, light stouts, and many more. So whether you are a seasoned drinker or a novice in craft beer, Dead words is a brew pub you should never miss!
Fancy tacos and beers? Dead words offer Taco Truck + Taproom Tuesdays every week. You can enjoy an authentic Mexican taco paired with the brew pub’s signature or traditional craft beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Timberline. Perfect for piney IPA fans. A citrusy, hoppy, and malty traditional beer with 7.5 ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Sangria
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Kids are allowed.
- Fun Fact: According to the brewpub, their name is based on a 4000-year-old recipe recorded in a dead language. The original words used to describe beer are no longer relevant today.
Hours: Open Tue 6pm–10pm, Wed-Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri-Sat 11am–12am, Sun 11am–10pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 23 N Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805
Contact: (407) 930-3300 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Big Storm Brewing
Big Storm Brewing has been in the craft beer industry for almost ten years. The company is also known as an award-winning brewery, earning the gold medal in the 2020 U.S. Beer Open Championship. The company has taprooms in different cities, and their newest taproom, located in Orlando, FL, opened up in April 2021.
Big Storm Brewing is the perfect brewpub to visit for people who love quality craft beer and delicious food. They serve a selection of beer on tap, ranging from sours, seltzers, and wheat ales to IPAs.
- Crowd Favorite: Wavemaker Amber Ale. An amber ale with caramel malt aromas, a mild floral flavor, and a pleasant hop bitterness. Contains 4.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Arcus Southern Pale Ale
- Hop-py note: Indoor and outdoor seating available.
- Fun Fact: The founder, Mike Bishop, thought “Big Storm” was a fitting and catchy name for a brewery. The name made him feel like lightning storms and how the sky looks undeniably beautiful after a storm passes by.
Hours: Open Sun-Fri 11am–7pm, Sat 11am-9pm.
Address: 430 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32801
Contact: (407) 439-0283 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Persimmon Hollow Brewing
Originally from Deland, Persimmon Hollow has a new taproom in downtown Orlando. The place offers occasional live music, trivia nights, and beer tour. This brewery is best recognized for its Beach Hippie IPA, which can be found across the state. Its taprooms typically offer up to twenty different kinds of beer for customers to sample.
Persimmon Hollow also serves you comprehensive food and one-of-a-kind. They even offer dog-friendly treats for your canine. However, it is best to get on a charter bus instead of driving your own vehicle because you’ll have a hard time looking for a parking slot here.
- Crowd Favorite: Beach Hippie. An American IPA with balanced malt and hop flavors. Contains 7.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Daytona Dirty Blonde
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Family-friendly.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 12pm–9:30pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-11pm.
Address: 227 N Eola Dr, Orlando, FL 32801
Contact: (407) 337-6011 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Crooked Can Brewing Company
Just located 25 minutes away from downtown Orlando, Crooked Can Brewing is a well-known brewery everyone should visit. In addition to its beer’s popularity and widespread distribution, Crooked Can is renowned for its exceptional ambiance. The brewery is known for having an easygoing, carefree atmosphere, but they always have a plan. They continuously manufacture craft beers of high quality, each of which has a distinctive flavor and unique twist.
Crooked Can is situated inside Plant Street Market, a marketplace with local food merchants. Walking through the market and trying different delicacies is enjoyable before getting a tasty craft beer from Crooked Can.
- Crowd Favorite: High Stepper. An impressive hoppy IPA with mild citrus and floral aroma. Contains 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Cloud Chaser
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Kids are allowed. Live music.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am- 11pm, Fri-Sat 11am- 12am.
Address: 426 W Plant St, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Contact: (407) 395-9520 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Hourglass Brewing District
Hourglass Brewing was founded in 2012 in Longwood, Florida. But later, the brewpub opened up its second taproom at the Hourglass District in Orlando, Florida. With around 40 taps of their signature brews available daily, you can surely get whatever type of beer you want. However, the beers on taps change regularly, so there is no certainty that the beer you favored so much will always be offered.
Hourglass Brewing has a broader selection of sour and wild beers than most other microbreweries. And all the typical brews, like IPAs, porter beers, and different kinds of lagers, are always available. And some that may be new to your taste.
- Crowd Favorite: 2 Million Bees and Some Hops. A flavorful hoppy double IPA with 8.2% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Irish Curse
- Hop-py note: Food trucks on site. Board games are available.
- Fun Fact: Hourglass Brewing uses locally grown ingredients from countries like Chile, Japan, Africa, and Scotland to produce high-quality beers.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am–11pm, Fri & Sat 11am–1am, Sun 2pm–10pm.
Address: 2500 Curry Ford Rd #4, Orlando, FL 32806
Contact: (407) 730-5249 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Rockpit Brewing
Rockpit Brewing is one of the few new breweries in Orlando, Florida, that opened its doors in January 2019. Rockpit offers indoor seating and an outdoor patio, although the latter has a smaller space. They’ve moved their brewery to the building next door to accommodate larger gatherings and expanded the brewpub. The place also serves its customers food from their partner restaurant, Cecil’s BBQ.
Rockpit also has a mug club that offers the members benefits such as three special offers and early access to exclusive releases. There are weekly releases, and mug club members can try the new craft on Wednesday and Thursday for the public.
- Crowd Favorite: Blackstrap Con Leche. A unique coffee milk stout with a smooth and creamy finish. Contains 6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Cackler IPA
- Hop-py note: Live music every Tuesday. Pet-friendly. Family-friendly brewpub.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 12pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-8pm.
Address: 10 W Illiana St, Orlando, FL 32806
Contact: (407) 826-1773 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Sideward Brewing Company
Craft beer enthusiasts now have a place to go where they can enjoy themselves while sampling an ever-rotating selection of specialty beers at Sideward. After a long day, this is an excellent location to rest because it has a complete kitchen and an outdoor patio.
Sideward is also a very flexible brewery, offering gluten-free ciders and seltzers. And several wine options for non-beer enthusiasts.
- Crowd Favorite: Moon Boots. A piney and refreshing American IPA with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Friends & Enemies
- Hop-py note: Covered outdoor patio. Dog-friendly.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 6pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 210 N Bumby Ave suite c, Orlando, FL 32803
Contact: (407) 866-2195 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse
Although it started mainly as a restaurant, BJ’s Restaurant has expanded its business and has over 200 branches across the USA. BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse is one of the most famous branches under their brand.
The brewery is a well-known establishment that sells craft beer and is situated near Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando. They offer a broad selection of quality beers, serving 11 award-winning beers and ciders on tap.
This is a must-visit site if you want a brewery that welcomes families and a place to eat. On top of having their award-winning handcrafted beers, they also have a vast menu that features a food menu that every member of your family will like.
- Crowd Favorite: HopStorm® IPA. An American-style India Pale Ale with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Jeremiah Red
- Hop-py note: Happy Hour Specials. Family-friendly.
- Fun Fact: BJ’s have won over 200 awards in the past 7 years for their handcrafted beers.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–12am, Fri-Sat 11am-1am.
Address: 8103 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819
Contact: (321) 732-8190 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Motorworks Brewing Orlando
An award-winning brewery with a wide range of craft beers that have won awards in various national competitions. The brewery has competed in many competitions since 2015 and has won multiple awards. In last year’s 2021 U.S. Open Beer Championship, Motorworks was named the “#3 brewery in the Nation” with two golds and three silver awards.
They like to experiment with different mixes at their downtown Orlando taproom to produce unique beers. The branch has 24 on-tap craft beers and over 30 cans and bottles of beers you can drink on site or buy to go. And the brewery lets the guests enjoy their Trivia night every Tuesday and live music every Friday.
- Crowd Favorite: Pulp Friction. An award-winning fruity and citrusy American style IPA with 6.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: V Twin Vienna Lager
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly patio. Family-friendly brewpub. Serves with food.
- Fun Fact: Motorworks brewing has the most extensive beer garden in Florida, with a massive 22,000 sq. ft. space.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri-Sat 12pm–12am, Sunday 12pm–10pm.
Address: 131 N Orange Ave Ste 106, Orlando, FL 32801
Contact: (407) 284-1733 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Broken Strings Brewery
The Broken Strings Brewery is just a short distance from the Exploria Stadium. Because they see themselves as a craft brewery inspired by music, the beers they produce are vivid and striking. They have about 11 beers on taps, ranging from seltzers, stouts, IPA, and wheat.
They operate most of the week, from Tuesday to Sunday, and they have live music or soundtracks playing in the background. Stay updated on their upcoming events by checking out their website every time you wish to visit the place.
- Crowd Favorite: Liquid Vinyl. A hoppy Cascadian Dark Ale with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: A Tribe Called Hops
- Hop-py note: Wheelchair Accessible area. Dog-friendly. Private Lot Parking.
Hours: Open Tue & Wed 2pm–8pm, Thur 2pm–9pm, Fri-Sat 2pm–10pm, Sun 12pm–6pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 1012 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32805
Contact: (407) 730-9108 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. Dead Lizard Brewing
Dead Lizard Brewing is a top-notch brewery situated near Universal Studios in Orlando. This local brewery was created from a family’s love for brewing, with Richard Dine as the master brewer. The Dines develop a rotation of homemade beer recipes that have evolved from family classics to community favorites.
Although their beers are full-bodied and flavorful, they are not overpowering. You can enjoy every note and flavor their beers have to offer. The brewery also has Happy Hour Specials every Tuesday to Friday, from 3 pm to 5 pm, where you can get $2 off for every draft.
- Crowd Favorite: Purple Skink IPA. A hoppy South Coast IPA with 7% ABV, perfect for the hop heads.
- Highly Recommended: Key Lime Chameleon Cream-Sic-Ale
- Hop-py note: Private Lot Parking. Offers Military Discount.
- Fun Fact: Richard came up with the name “Dead Lizard” when he found two dead skinks while doing house chores.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 11:30am–8:30pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–10pm, Sun 12pm–8pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 4507 36th St Building C, Orlando, FL 32811
Contact: (407) 777-3060 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
Brewlando is one of the new breweries and the largest brewery in Orlando. The place opened up last January 2022. The brewery offers high-quality craft beers on tap, a welcoming atmosphere with seating inside and out, ample space, and a strong sense of community that anyone can appreciate and enjoy.
Brewlando is a perfect brewpub for group gatherings because of its spacious area, and it also offers party services that you can book. You can book the 3-hour Biergarten Party or Lounge Party packages, where you’ll pay $150.
- Crowd Favorite: German Hazy IPA. A hoppy hazy IPA with 7.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Coffee Chocolate Stout
- Hop-py note: Food trucks on site.
- Fun Fact: The building of Brewlando was once known as “Castle Church Brewing,” but the latter permanently closed down.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri 4pm–11pm, Sat 12pm–11pm, Sun 12pm–7pm, Mon & Tue 4pm–9pm.
Address: 6820 Hoffner Ave, Orlando, FL 32822
Contact: (407) 237-9296 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
13. Half Barrel Beer Project
Half Barrel Beer Project is a brewpub located in The District in Orlando. This is a 4-year-old brewpub offering exceptional craft beers. The place only brews small batches of beer because of its limited space and equipment. However, you can experience a fantastic beer with its tasty brews and insane flavors.
You can also get a flight and try different beers at once. Try their insane and bright-colored Humble Bumble and Mangodalorian that customers love. And you can also order some light snacks to go with your beer.
- Crowd Favorite: Mangodalorian. A fruity, green-colored sour with 5.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Haze For the Hazeless
- Hop-py note: Flights available. Outdoor seating. Good parking space.
- Fun Fact: The owners got the name “Half Barrel” from their half barrel system, which enables them to make small batches of quality beer.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 3pm – 10pm, Fri 3pm – 12am, Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 7pm.
Address: 9650 Universal Blvd #143, Orlando, FL 32819
Contact: (407) 203-3946 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
14. Ellipsis Brewing
If you are a tourist searching for a local brewery near Orlando Airport, Ellipsis Brewing has its doors open. This fun brew pub offers a good list of quality beers. They host fun events and build a great relationships with other famous microbreweries. They craft all of their beers, and on Tuesdays, they release a new limited-edition batch of beer.
The brewery also offers $2 off for every flight on Mondays and Trivia nights every other Thursday.
- Crowd Favorite: Pinks & Greens. A New England-style IPA brewed with three distinct hops. Contains 6.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Brazil Loves New England
- Hop-py note: Dog-friendly. Family-friendly. Private Lot Parking
Hours: Open Sun-Wed 1pm–7pm, Thur 1pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 1pm-11pm.
Address: 7500 Tpc Blvd #8, Orlando, FL 32822
Contact: (407) 250-5848 | Facebook | Instagram | Website