Scottsdale, Arizona is a city where nature meets luxury. It is located right in the heart of the awe-inspiring Sonoran Desert. From five-star resorts to fine dining restaurants and upscale boutiques, “The West’s Most Western Town” is also home to some of the best craft breweries in Arizona. Whether you’re looking for a different craft beer experience or want to cool down after going around Scottsdale, you’ve got to hop with us, and we’ll check out the best Scottsdale Craft Breweries for you. Cheers!
1. Goldwater Brewing
Goldwater Brewing is the only brewery in Old Town Scottsdale where you can enjoy drinking craft brews 16 feet under the ground. This family-owned craft brewery opened its doors in 2015 and has become one of the best Scottsdale Craft Breweries. Their industrial-contemporary styled taprooms painted with gold and black has a rather intimate, low-key vibe. Be it their street-level taproom or underground taproom, more than 20 craft beers are ready to wet your whistle.
- Crowd Favorite: Hop Chowda IPA, a refreshing, fruity Hazy IPA packed with 6.4% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Desert Rose Cactus Kolsch, a fruity floral brew made with 100% organic prickly pear.
- Hop-py Note: Their “one-off” brews will surprise your taste buds.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur: 2pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat: 12pm – 10pm, Sun: 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 3608 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Contact: (480) 350-7305 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Fate Brewing
Create delicious and hoppy memories in Fate Brewing. From its humble beginnings, Fate Brewing has come a long way, serving craft brews from one location to expanding operations in two different areas. You’ll love their great selection of house-brewed craft beers in small batches on taps that frequently rotate, creating something new every time. They also serve wines, cocktails, spirits, and soft drinks. This Scottsdale Brewery Restaurant has a classic warehouse-style theme, a spacious patio, and large TVs where you can watch sports games. Their food is a gastronomic delight even for kids, so you can enjoy dining and drinking with your family and friends.
- Crowd favorite: Fateful, a tropical tasting IPA packed with 6.6%ABV
- Highly Recommended: Candy Bar Milk Stout, a chocolatey milk stout with 6%ABV
Hours: Open Mon – Thur: 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat: 11am-12am, Sun: 11am-10pm.
Address: 1312 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
Contact: (480) 303-9967 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Craft 64
You’ll know a brewery has a passion for brews when it’s partly named “craft” and the number of ounces in a beer growler. Craft 64 is an award-winning pizzeria, brewpub, and a favorite brewery in Old Town Scottsdale. They serve more than 30 local craft beers from Arizona, including their craft brews. Known for sourcing local produce, this Scottsdale Brewery Restaurant has the most delicious wood-fired pizza and freshly-made mozzarella. Hang out with your family and friends as you enjoy the great food they serve in their large taproom and spacious outdoor patio.
- Crowd Favorite: Smoove Hoperator with Citra, a medium-bodied American IPA packed with 7%ABV
- Highly Recommended: Cherry Pucker, tart kettle-style sour with fresh organic cherries at 5%ABV
Hours: Open Sun – Thur: 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat: 11am-12am.
Address: 6922 E Main St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Contact: (480) 946-0542 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. OHSO Brewery + Distillery
The name OHSO is an acronym for Outrageous Homebrewer’s Social Outpost. But for people looking for a Scottsdale Brewery Restaurant, OHSO also means “OH SO good” in many ways.
Oh, So amazing! Serving more than 40 craft beers on tap, OHSO has received worldwide recognition for its award-winning ales and IPAs.
How about a unique party venue? Celebrate your party where you can have good food and refreshing craft beers while getting a glimpse of where all the distilling and brewing happens.
- Crowd Favorite: 89Ale, a malt-forward beer with hints of chocolate and caramel at 5.6ABV
- Highly Recommended: Boom Dynamite, an American IPA with a fruity punch of 7%ABV
- Hop-Note: Sit back and chill with your dog on their wide-open patio.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur: 11am – 10pm，Fri: 11am – Late，Sat: 9am – Late，Sun: 9am – 10pm.
Address: 15681 N Hayden Rd # 112, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Contact: (480) 948-3159 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. State 48 Lager House
Melt those stress away by rewarding yourself with a glass of cold craft beer while admiring the beauty of McDowell Mountain. State 48 Lager House has a sizeable two-level terrace, a spacious beer garden, and a mezzanine that you can book for private events. Dubbed as one of the finest Scottsdale Craft Breweries, this brewhouse has the most extensive brewing system in Scottsdale that allows them to produce more craft beer to satisfy your discriminating taste buds. Check out their delectable dishes because they’ve got something for everyone. They even have a menu for your kids. How about commencing your Scottsdale Brewery tour here?
- Crowd Favorite: Blood Orange Belgian Blonde is a fruit punch flavored Belgian Ale with a strength of 7.5 ABV.
- Hop-py Note: This establishment is 100% dog-friendly
Hours: Open Mon – Wed: 11am – 9pm, Thur: 11am – 10pm, Fri & Sat: 11am – 11pm, Sunday: 11am – 9pm.
Address: 15600 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Contact: (480) 659-0048 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. PHX Beer Co.
A different kind of hoppy home. If you’re looking for a place to enjoy some delicious craft beer or want to hang out with friends, PHX Beer Co. is where you want to be. Located in a beautiful part of Scottsdale, this brewery has everything you need to unwind: a serene lake view, a spacious tap room, and a welcoming atmosphere that feels like home.
What sets this Scottsdale Brewery Restaurant apart is its exciting, flavorful craft beers on tap, delectable food, and sense of community. It is committed to sourcing fresh ingredients only from local farmers and suppliers.
- Crowd Favorite: Arizona Gold, vibrant with a smooth finish packed with 5%ABV
- Highly Recommended: IPA, a PHX flagship that’s simply superior.
- Hop-py Note: They have a dog menu for your fur babies.
Hours: Open Tue & Wed: 12pm – 6pm, Thur & Fri: 12pm – 7pm, Sat: 12pm – 6pm, Sun: 11am – 6pm, Monday: Closed.
Address: 8300 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Contact: (602) 275-5049 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Loco Patrõn
You’ll go loco over Loco Patrõn’s flair for Mexican food and craft brews. Loco Patron is a Scottsadel brewery restaurant that serves the best tacos and margaritas alongside other mouth-watering Mexican food. You’ll keep coming back for more as Loco Patron brews its Mexican craft beer using only the best locally sourced ingredients.
Warm, festive, and exciting, Loco Patron is your go-to place for different events and live music, family gatherings, a night out with friends, or simply enjoying the best Mexican craft beer on tap.
- Crowd Favorite: Loco Gold IPA, a light golden ale with a subtle spicy flavor at 5.6% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Señor Hopper, a thirst-quenching IPA with a smooth finish at 7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Loco Patron has three locations, Old Town Scottsdale, North Scottsdale, Tempe
Hours: Open Mon – Thur: 11am – 11pm, Fri: 11am – 12am, Sat:10:30 am – 12am, Sun: 10:30am – 11am.
Address: 4228 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Contact: (480) 874-0033 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Twin Peaks
Sports and beer make the best pair here at Twin Peaks. Dubbed as the manliest Scottsdale Brewery Restaurant in town, you’ll enjoy watching UFC and other sports on TVs from every corner of this brewery. Dig into your favorite American food served hot and fresh from its kitchen. Bottoms up! Twin Peaks serve its traditional draft beer at below-freezing temperatures. But if you’re not into craft beers they have a vibrant beverage menu that will quench your thirst. Whether a sports or beer fan, you’ll find yourself chilling out in Twin Peaks’ relaxing cabin-style interiors and lovely service crews who will keep you smiling from ear to ear.
- Crowd Favorite: Knotty Brunette, an American brown ale that’s full of flavors with a hint of caramel at 5.3% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Dirty Blonde, citrus-flavored wheat ale spiced with coriander at 5.2% ABV
Hours: Open Mon – Thur: 11am – 11pm, Fri & Sat: 11am – 12am, Sun: 11am – 11pm.
Address: 8787 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Contact: (480) 483-0921 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
Now, let’s take a look at some of the breweries very near Scottsdale, AZ.
9. Wren House Brewing Co
Hoppiness comes from simple things. Wren House Brewing is a small, simple brewery that believes in bringing people together through its craft beers. This humble brewery’s love for innovating and creating diverse flavored craft beers was recognized by the Great American Beer Festival several times and has been a hotspot for the best hazy IPAs since then. Visit any of their two locations, and you’ll be amazed at their diverse taproom lineups that will satisfy and challenge your senses. So if you’re on the lookout for a cozy, no-frills brewery serving unique craft beers, then Wren House is worth a visit.
- Crowd Favorite: Spellbinder, a tropical-flavored hazy IPA with 7% ABV and a smooth finish.
- Highly Recommended: Bad Boy Wally, a juicy IPA with a creamy mouthful but a strong finish at 11% ABV
Hours: Open Mon – Thur: 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat: 11am – 12am, Sun: 11am – 9pm.
Address: 2125 N 24 th Street Ac, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Contact: (602) 244-9184 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Helton Brewing Company
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going like Helton Brewing. Helton is an industrial-themed neighborhood brewery. Using only the finest malt, hops, yeast, and water, Helton creates craft beer using traditional brewing methods that bring out the best in each and every ingredient. Helton brews in small batches, so you’ll get to taste a truly unique craft beer of the highest quality every time you visit.
The cool and friendly bartenders ready to serve you craft beers on tap make this brewery stand out and a must-visit.
- Crowd Favorite: Boysenberry Sour, a well-balanced sour ale with a tart and fruity finish 6.7ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Scotch Ale, a rich-flavored complex ale with a sweet finish at 7%ABVFun Fact: They have a 5K run and re-hydrate with beer every other Thursday night.
Hours: Open Mon:11am – 11pm, Tue & Wes: 11am – 10pm, Thur: 11am – 11pm, Fri – Sun: 11am – 10pm.
Address: 2144 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Contact: (602) 730-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website