Oceanside is a town with a lot of life, centered on its farmer’s market, famous restaurants, and a beer powerhouse with more than 20 microbreweries, including a few of the largest in California. Whether you enjoy discussing the comparative qualities of IPAs, sampling a wide range of Saisons and Lambics, or simply sitting down to enjoy a beer with a beautiful ocean view, Oceanside is a solid choice.
Let us explore the Oceanside local beer scene. We have prepared a collection of the best breweries, tap rooms, and brewpubs, as rated by beer enthusiasts.
1. Oceanside Brewing Company
Oceanside Brewing Company offers “old-school brewing with a new-school flavor.” Interesting, isn’t it? Conveniently located right off the beach, Oceanside Brewing Company has one of the largest custom brew selections in Southern California, with 22 craft beers on tap.
They also have a great outdoor patio and plenty of inside seating so you can enjoy their craft beers, no matter the weather. The food is pretty good too! They have all your bar staples and serve up creative dishes. So don’t forget to check out what this famous craft brewery has on tap for you!
- Crowd Favorite: Corps IPA, 6/7% ABV. A light but refreshing IPA brew.
- Highly Recommended: Summer Picnic Blonde Ale, 4.9% ABV.
- What’s New: An “Open Mic Night” every Thursday. An exciting event of sharing anything, from music, spoken word, comedy, and everything you’ve got.
Hours: Open Thur & Fri 4pm – 11pm, Sat 1pm – 11pm, Sun 1pm – 6pm, Mon – Wed Closed
2. Stone Brewing Tap Room
A premier craft brewery featuring beer for all year round, specials, and past releases, Stone Brewing Tap Room – Oceanside is a retail store and tasting room with an outdoor patio.
This brewery comprises a large compound with various areas to indulge in a good pint of beer. They also provide a thrilling brewery tour. Discover and enjoy Stone beer in a relaxed, intimate setting steps from the beach in Downtown Oceanside.
- Crowd Favorite: Stone IPA, 6.6%ABV. The flagship beer of Stone Brewing. It has citrus and tropical aromas perfectly balanced with sweetness and delicate malt appeal.
- Highly Recommended: Stone Peak Conditions Hazy Double IPA.
- Hop-py Note: Gargoyle is Stone brewing’s trademark, representing the company’s eternal pursuits to produce the best imaginable beers.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11am – 9pm, Fri 11am – 11pm, Sat 11am – 9pm, Sun 12pm – 9pm.
3. Black Plague Brewing
The Black Plaque Brewing Company is an award-winning craft beer brewery and tasting room that strives to produce the highest brews to foster community. They offer a diverse range of craft beers, including ales, lagers, stouts, lagers, pilsner, and barrel-aged, for a truly unique beer experience.
They also have quality tasting rooms with excellent interior design and a relaxing vibe that is a kid and dog friendly. If you’re looking for a souvenir, they have great merch to choose from, plus a daily food truck on rotation. Surely a place worth a visit!
- Crowd Favorite: 1347 Blood Orange IPA, 7.1% ABV. This west coast style IPA is a delightful blend of orange and citrus.
- Highly Recommended: Hazy Scandal IPA, 6.3% ABV.
- What’s New: Family Feud and Trivia night every Thursday.
- Hop-py Note: Black Plague’s inspiration is the Plaque Doctors, who is a hero on the plaque history of a global pandemic, giving a ray of sunshine to a dark and crumbling world.
Hours: Open Mon & Tues 4pm – 9pm, Wed & Thur 4pm – 10pm, Fri 1pm – 11pm, Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 2550 Jason Ct, Oceanside, CA 92056
4. Belching Beaver Brewery
Belching Beaver is a craft brewery that evolved from its original “Pub 980” in Vista to an impressive production brewery today. It has large tasting rooms with an industrial vibe. They got ample parking space and the street surrounding.
There is no food served here (though they do allow outside food), so make sure you’ve eaten at one of Oceanside’s best restaurants nearby. They offer a variety of quality brews from Ales, lagers, stouts, lagers, pilsner, and other beers—some seasonal varieties that rotate by season—so there’s something for everyone!
- Crowd Favorite: Peanut butter milk stout, 5.3% ABV. A creamy blend of chocolate and peanut butter. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a more irresistible flavor!
- Highly Recommended: The Belching Branded and Barreled, 13.8% ABV.
- What’s New: Belching Beaver joins the Nagano Trading family of Japan.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri 3pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 7pm.
5. Bagby Beer Company
One of Oceanside’s favorite breweries and has a diverse selection of beers, including IPAs, ciders, lagers, and more. Bagby Beer Company also provides various food options ordered from their pub menu or brought from outside restaurants.
Bagby Beer Company has ample private space for groups and smaller rooms for smaller groups or individuals looking for some alone time while drinking great beer. Ideal for families with children who want to enjoy a fun craft beer experience without being surrounded by bars with loud music and drunk adults—the atmosphere here is very relaxed while still allowing you access to various craft beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Dork Squad IPA, 7.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Sweet Ride Bohemian-style Pilsner, 4.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Jeff Bagby, the owner, is an award-winning professional brewer. He scored the highest possible honor at the Great American Beer Festival.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 10pm, Mon & Tues Closed.
Address: 601 S Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA 92054
6. Tipping Pint Brewing Company
Tipping Pint, a newly opened microbrewery, is an excellent addition to Oceanside’s craft beer scene. It is a seven-barrel brewhouse with an indoor bar, picnic tables, and 3,000 square-foot outdoor seating. Brewery Tour and a private space for events!
Tipping Tint’s goal is to deliver quality and unique flavors and honor its customers. In addition to their usual IPAs and wheat beers, they also have some more unique brews and barrel-aged barley wine! It is indeed one of the family-friendly breweries in Oceanside.
- Crowd Favorite: Honey Orange Wheat Ale, 5.6% ABV. As the name implies, it is a Wheat ale with a perfect blend of orange and honey.
- Highly Recommended: Stacked! IPA, 8.7% ABV
- What’s New: They offer tours by land and sea!
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 3pm – 8pm, Fri 3pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 3229 Roymar Rd, Oceanside, CA 92058
7. Breakwater Brewing Company
Breakwater Brewing Company is a microbrewery and restaurant in Oceanside, California. They offer excellent and delicious global dishes and are famous for their pizza. They also have a wide selection of beers brewed on-site, including IPAs and pale ales that uses traditional methods to achieve the best flavors possible.
Their tasting room can hold up to 100 people, which is ideal for private events and occasions. They also feature their beer selection on tap and notable releases from other breweries in town and sell merchandise such as shirts, glasses, and hats!
- Crowd Favorite: Rye Dawn Brown Ale, 6.8% ABV. A 2016 World Beer Cup Gold Medalist.
- Highly Recommended: Kali Kush Pale Ale, 6.8% ABV.
- What’s New: Check out Breakwater Brewing’s exciting events such as National French Fry Day, National Wine and Cheese Day, National Chicken Wings Day, and National IPA Day!
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 12pm – 10pm, Thur – Sat 11am – 10pm, Sun 11am – 9pm.
Address: 101 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA 92054
8. Booze Brothers Brewing
Booze Brothers Brewing Co. is a new taproom in Oceanside with a calm and groovy atmosphere. They are known for their innovative “classic” beers, including West Coast IPAs, Pale Ales, Wheat beers, Ambers, Browns, and Stouts.
They have a private event place with expansive indoor seating, live music, and a rustic-chic tasting room made of reclaimed wood and metal, giving it an industrial look. Suppose you’re looking for a relaxing place to meet friends or clients; this is the right place.
- Crowd Favorite: 1-800-Tropics IPA, 6.7% ABV. A New England-style IPA brewed with Mosaic, Simcoe, and Centennial hops. Peach, mango, and pineapple notes.
- Highly Recommended: Green Eyed Amber, 6.4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: It set out in a garage in 2008 when two brothers, David and Donny Firth, discovered the art of craft brewing. Craft brewing eventually changed their lives as they found beer could not only be consumed but also brewed.
Hours: Open Mon 3pm – 8pm, Tues – Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri 3pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 7pm.
Address: 606 Mission Ave, Oceanside, CA 92054
9. South O Brewing Company
South O Brewing Company is a new microbrewery founded by South Oceanside residents. It is a modern brewery proudly located along the famous California Pacific Coast Highway.
The place embodies the history of Oceanside through art, maps, and photographs, giving the town an authentic, welcoming vibe. They also have a working brewery, seating, and space for groups to gather. The patio opens to the Coast Highway, and the beach is only a few blocks away.
- Crowd Favorite: St. Malo Czech Pilsner, 4.6% ABV. A refreshing, light, and crisp pilsner with the right acidity.
- Highly Recommended: Grave House IPA, 6.8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Neighbors founded south O Brewing Company amid the Covid pandemic, and with plenty of time to refine their recipes and the strong desire to open a brewery, South O Brewing Company was born.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri 1pm – 10pm, Sat 11am – 10pm, Sun 11am – 8pm.
10. Northern Pine Brewing
Northern Pine Brewing offers a taste of the great Northwest in Oceanside. The founders aim to bring an exciting outdoor experience through their unique craft beers.
They have spacious indoor and outdoor seating, kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and a delicious bbq restaurant under one roof in Oceanside. They also offer private space for events.
- Crowd Favorite: Turning Point Cream Ale, smooth, 5.5% ABV. A soft and light cream ale.
- Highly Recommended: Golden Horizons IPA, 6.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: This brewery started from their love of beer and catering to their friends and family. Their beer became popular, so they decided to open a professional brewery.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 9:30pm, Sun 12pm – 9pm, Mon & Tues Closed
Address: 326 N Horne St, Oceanside, CA 92054
Oceanside Breweries Map
There you have it, the ten best breweries in Oceanside. We hope you have already found the craft brews for your beer bucket list. Don’t forget to try at least one of these great places. Happy beer Hop-ping!