Craft beers had been in Phoenix at least since the 20th century. Today, it is a home of new adventures where passionate hop geniuses are growing and contributing to the city’s emerging reputation in the craft beer scene, locally and internationally.
If you are among the people looking for new beginnings and great beers, think about Phoenix, Arizona, and enjoy this quick tour to have a taste of its ten best breweries!
1. Wren House Brewing Company
One of the Phoenix prides in the brewing industry; Wren House is about bringing people together. The taproom offers a perfect space for folks wanting to get a pint of signature taps like Spellbinder and Valley Beer. Designed cozy with long tables, the place sets everyone up for a great beer bonding time. In 2021, Prescott’s production facility patio became the next spot for beer-hunting buddies looking for an Arizona vibe outdoor drinking experience.
Recognized as Phoenix New Times Best Brewery of 2022, Wren House continues to produce Arizona’s version of international beer styles through an innovative selection of brews.
- Crowd Favorite: Spellbinder. A strong hazy IPA with 7% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Jomax
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Open for All. BYO snacks are encouraged. Trailers serving beers. Private and street parking.
- Fun Fact: The Phoenix Taproom was a renovation of a bungalow house built in the 1930s.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 12pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-12am, Sun 11am-9pm
Address: 2125 N 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Contact: (602)244-9184 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Grand Avenue Brewing Company
Nothing would beat a vintage warehouse from attracting beer lovers. However, Grand Avenue Brewing is not just all about its facade. They produce award-winning artisan beers from unfiltered and all-natural ingredients served fresh from taps with house-smoked meats like BBQs. No wonder Azcentral.com named it “the perfect hidden gem” from downtown Phoenix and was recognized as one of the ten best breweries in the Metro.
Furthermore, Grand Avenue has three patio areas where family and friends can comfortably chat, drink and enjoy live music.
- Crowd Favorite: Happy Jack. A flavorful Cream Ale with 6.4% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Throwback IPA
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Kid-friendly. Private event booking. Bike parking.
- Fun Fact: Four Grand Avenue beers won medals from the 2021 Denver International Beer Competition.
Hours: Open Thur 4pm-10pm, Fri 4pm-11pm, Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 12pm-7pm, Mon-Wed Closed
Address: 1205 W Pierce St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Contact: (602)666-1617 | Facebook | Website
3. Greenwood Brewing
Launched in 2017, Greenwood Brewing has already crafted a great selection of tasty brews. The taproom’s famous flights are like a treat for its patrons. Located in Downtown Phoenix, it houses a 10 BBL brewery with 10 BBL capacity and a taproom that has two beer gardens normally packed with events, fun activities, and occasional live music.
Established by a woman, the company finds the “power of the purposeful pint” that gives way to good conversations. Conversations that promote positive change. So bring that friend you have in mind now and enjoy the booze perks of this place!
- Crowd Favorite: Warrior Hazy IPA. A Double dry-hopped juicy IPA with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Herstory Brew
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly patio. Bring your own food. Beer Club membership. Private events hosting.
- Fun Fact: Greenwood Brewing has been featured in over 10 magazines, including Phoenix New Times.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri & Sat 11am-12:30pm, Sun 11am-10pm
Address: 922 N 5th St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Contact: (602)875-8577 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Helton Brewing Company
Founded by Brian Helton, a passionate brewmaster of one of Phoenix’s industrial neighborhood breweries, Helton craft beers aren’t just a culture to live to, but an art and a means to give back to the community.
The variety of brews selection may not be as comprehensive as other trending microbreweries around have. However, the compelling review it receives from the city’s beer enthusiasts speaks about the value they pour into craft beers. Not to mention the hit in-house taproom chosen to host countless events and known for its comfy atmosphere and delicious nachos.
- Crowd Favorite: Boysenberry Sour. A tart American-brewed sour with 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Northeast IPA
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Open for All. Brewery tours. Food Trucks on-site.
- Fun Fact: The recently launched Helton University of the brewery serves the brewing community through DIY home repair classes.
Hours: Open Mon-Fri 3pm-10pm, Sat & Sun 11am-10pm
Address: 2144 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Contact: (602)730-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Simple Machine Brewing Company
Founded in 2019, Simple Machine Brewing focuses on the basics. Water, yeast, barley, hop, and magic! Every craft beer lover finds their match draft of brews.
A brewhouse with 17 great selections in taps now has a slow pour pils system to make drafts more exciting. Season brews like Pumpkin beers and German Style Helles lager are the newest craze. Dedicated to crafting delicious beers, they leave the tummy cravings to the city’s best food suppliers and food trucks. Invited regularly, the brews with pizza or chicken are awesome!
- Crowd Favorite: Helical Haze. A smooth and full-bodied hazy IPA with 7.6% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Camper Red
- Hop-py Note: Live Music. Movies. Indoor and outdoor seating. Private parking lot.
- Fun Fact: Some of Simple Brewing Machine’s seasonal brews are their collaborations with fellow brewing companies.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri 2pm-9pm, Sat 12pm-9pm, Sun 12pm-6pm, Mon Closed
Address: 701 W Deer Valley Rd STE 1, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Contact: (623)469-9199 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Sonoran Brewing Company
Built by a team of local entrepreneurs and the best brewers of Arizona, Sonoran Brewing has locations in Phoenix and in Scottsdale. Its flagship IPA and famous Sonoran White Chocolate Ale are products of creativity and familiarity to Arizona’s palate.
Hosting big events and parties, the brewery and taproom in Phoenix boast a spacious open brewing facility that stirs up the chill and fun vibe. Don’t forget to grab a pint with house pizzas, pretzels, and chips!
- Crowd Favorite: WHT CHCLT ALE. A delicious Wheat beer with 4.7% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Arizona Gold
- Hop-py Note: VIP discounts and rewards. Brewery tours. Cans-to-go. Private parking lot.
- Fun Fact: Monsoon IPA received medals from Arizona Craft Beer Awards & Festival 2022.
Hours: Open Tue & Wed 12pm-6pm, Thur & Fri 12pm-7pm, Sat 12pm-6pm, Sun & Mon Closed
Address: 3002 E Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Contact: (602)275-5048 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Walter Station Brewery
Great beer plus great food is the mantra at Walter Station and they are indeed true to their words. The brewery sets their focus to crafting quality brews along with delicious fresh from the kitchen food menu.
Walter Station is a fun brewery with weekly events like Team Feud Nights and Trivia Tuesdays. You can also expect singers and bands to perform during Friday and Saturday nights in the taproom. Moreover, Walter Station sometimes partners with different organizations to throw events at the taproom or in the local community.
- Crowd Favorite: Hazing Arizona. A juicy New England style IPA with 6.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Coffee & Cream
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Sells merchandise. Street parking.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 12pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 12pm-8pm, Mon Closed
Address: 4056 E Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Contact: (602)368-8402 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. North Mountain Brewing Company
Located in North Central Phoenix, North Mountain Brewing has been a Phoenix favorite since its founding in 2011. This brewery is proud to give every guest a one-of-a-kind beer-centric experience through its perfect beers & food combination.
And if its brews and delicious food are not enough, North Mountain Brewing is always up for something fun. The taproom has live music and several arcade games to keep you entertained while enjoying your drink. Furthermore, NMB hosts private parties of any kind in its taproom and good-sized outdoor patio.
- Crowd Favorite: C.R.E.E.M Golden Ale. An easy-drinking Cream Ale with 5.9% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Grooving With a Pict
- Hop-py Note: Cans to-go. Offers takeout. Free Wi-Fi. Street parking. Gift cards.
Hours: Open Tue & Wed 3pm-9pm, Thur 11am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-9pm, Mon Closed
Address: 522 E Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85020
Contact: (602)861-5999 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Front Pourch Brewing
Born out of enthusiasm for great beer, Front Pourch is a family-owned microbrewery in Northern Phoenix that opened in 2018. The founders, Trevor, and his family, took inspiration and ideas from their colleagues in Oregon to operate a brewery. And fortunately, they were able to successfully open Front Pourch with a ten barrel-system.
Today, Front Pourch is serving up 14 signature beers to the locals, along with a fun and engaging environment. The microbrewery is open six days weekly, and on those days, there are food trucks on-site, and you can also bring your own food. Moreover, Front Pourch has Trivia Tuesdays and Happy Hour Specials weekly to keep the fun going.
- Crowd Favorite: Sneaky Little Hoppitses. A hoppy hazy IPA with 7.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Toasty Blonde
- Hop-py Note: Board games and darts. Offers flights. Street parking.
- Fun Fact: Front Pourch raises funds for the NAMIWalks through monthly campaigns.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 3pm-9pm, Fri 1pm-9pm, Sat 12pm-9pm, Sun 12pm-7pm, Mon Closed
Address: 1611 W Whispering Wind Dr #7, Phoenix, AZ 85085
Contact: (623)277-0526 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Tombstone Brewing Company
Tombstone Brewing was born in The Wild West, Tombstone, Arizona, in 2016. The growing popularity in the US and other countries is a statement that they have already reached the brewing point of crafting world-class beers.
Sharing the fruit of research and experimentation to make the best ales and lagers, Tombstone Brewing North in Phoenix opened in 2021. With 18 fresh brews on taps and a diverse fresh food menu made from scratch, Phoenicians found a new favorite. Enjoy the drafts with a great variety of tacos and the laid-back ambiance that makes a real happy hour.
- Crowd Favorite: IPA. A hoppy and hazy IPA with 7.1% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Double IPA
- Hop-py Note: Gathering events are welcome. Private parking lot.
- Fun Fact: Some of Tombstone Brewing’s masterpieces are inspired by legends of craft beers like Josef Groll and Anton Schwarz.
Hours: Open Mon 12pm-7pm, Tue-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-9pm
Address: 3935 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Contact: (602)368-7295 | Facebook | Instagram | Website