Wondering what could be the highlight of your Colorado Springs adventure? The first thing that might come to mind is to visit Pikes Peak, one of the most famous mountains in the United States. Well, that is undeniably a must-try, but besides the tourist attractions, there’s much more to discover in this big city.
Good craft beers are something no one should miss, especially if you are in “The Little London”. Owing to the fact that Colorado Springs is home to the 12 best breweries you can find in the country. Now, it’s your turn to have an experience of a lifetime. Come on in as we introduce these fantastic breweries.
1. Phantom Canyon
A brewpub that seems to check all the boxes. Phantom Canyon has been in business since 1993, making it one of the original breweries of Colorado Springs. Regardless of Phantom Canyon’s a little long in the tooth, its name stays on the pedestal. No wonder because they got all it takes to be the perfect brewery in the city.
Starting from their convenient downtown location, 2-story massive building, rustic and retro interior, beautiful outdoors with a view of the mountain. But what hits the spot more is their combo of good food and a wide range of craft beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Cacao-A-Bunga. An imperial double stout with 8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Phantom Canyon is a must-visit if you’re into billiards as they have lots of billiard pool tables indoors.
- Hop-py Note: Very welcoming to children as they have an exemplary kid’s menu. Indoor, outdoor, and private rooms are the seating options available.
- Fun fact: Cheyenne Building, where Phantom Canyon stands, is named after Colorado’s triple-peak Cheyenne Mountain and Cheyenne Indian Tribe’s Chief Two Moons.
Hours: Open Sun – Wed 11am – 10pm, Thur – Sat 11am – 12am.
Address: 2 E Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Contact: (719) 635-2800 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Goat Patch Brewing Company
What’s more fantastic than a great brewery that taps charities? When it comes to beers, Goat Patch offers an excellent range on tap, seasonal rotating brews, year-round flagship, and fresh growlers, which you may enjoy in their front area, indoors, or outdoor garden.
While only a few brewpubs hold charity events, Goat Patch is one of the breweries that is involved in sharing its blessings with the community. Through their Charity Night every Tuesday, they can carry out this cause to local non-profit organizations.
- Crowd Favorite: Pappy Legba (2022). A Farmhouse Ale – Saison with 13.4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: One of the dog-friendly breweries in Colorado Springs. There’s a pizza place and food trucks available outside.
- Highly Recommended: Come and join the fun activities they host, such as Game Night, Adult coloring nights, Make & Take workshop, Trivia Night, Singo: a music bingo, Yoga, and listen to the live band while you enjoy your beer.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 12pm – 10pm, Fri 12pm – 11pm, Sat 11am – 11pm, Sun 11am – 9pm.
Address: 2727 N Cascade Ave #123, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Contact: (719) 471-4628 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Storybook Brewing
If you’re looking for a whimsical and relaxed atmosphere while you sip on your beers, then Storybook Brewing is for you. A Colorado Springs microbrewery that takes pride in its on-site brewing method of curating beers. It is a place perfect for unwinding and relaxing. The space might be small, but they have plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, rotating food trucks, board games, and beer samples to help you choose what beer you like most.
- Crowd Favorite: Belgian Dark. A Belgian strong dark ale with 9.6% ABV.
- Hop-py note: A very dog-friendly micro brewpub. Storybook Brewing allows dogs indoors on a leash and outdoors unleashed to run and play around.
Hours: Open Tue – Thur 12pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10PM, Sun 12pm – 9pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 3121 A N, N El Paso St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Contact: (719) 633-6266 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Red Leg Brewing Company
A new brewery facility in Colorado Springs that just opened its doors in July 2021. What’s best about this brewpub is its outdoor event venue. Wherein live bands, exciting games, and farmers’ markets take place.
Not only that, Red Leg’s taproom is worth checking out. It is located on the rooftop deck, where a stunning view of the mountains can be seen. Their wide range of well-curated beers can pair with tasty treats you may get from the establishment’s outdoor food court.
- Crowd Favorite: Space Force One Double Hazy IPA with 8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly space but must be on a non-retractable leash.
- Highly Recommended: Red Leg is nearby the Garden of Gods. If you’re hiking, it’s a great place to drop by.
Hours: Open Mon – Thu: 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat: 12pm-11pm, Sun: 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 2323 Garden of the Gods Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Contact: (719) 598-3776 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Peaks N Pines Brewing Company
It’s more fun in Peaks N Pines. There are many compelling things prepared for you other than their award-winning beers. A few of their genius moves are their complimentary popcorn and a free pint of your choice of beer on your birthday.
This craft brewery has a fine selection of traditional brews, seltzers, flagship, and frozen drinks. Their in-house brewing often offers 10 to 12 seasonal and specialty beers.
Wondering what entertainment would be perfect with your beers? Peaks N Pines has trivia night, bingo with prizes, board games, and puzzles. Moreover, this brewpub is in for a good cause. For the environment’s sustainability, they recycle water for cleaning and donate used grains to local ranchers to be used as feed. And for the community, Peaks N Pines donates their daily proceeds and sponsors fundraising events for organizations.
- Crowd Favorite: Dubbel Trubbel. A White Chocolate Raspberry Belgian-Style Dubbel with 9.3% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly outdoor area. Indoor and outdoor dining options are available.
- What’s New: They offer $1 off pints for medical professionals and first responders on Mondays, teachers and preachers on Tuesdays, and active and retired military on Wednesdays.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 1pm – 9pm, Fri 1pm – 11pm, Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 4005 Tutt Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Contact: (719) 358-6758 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Oskar Blues Grill and Brew
A microbrewery with several branches across the country. Their Colorado Springs’ Oskar Blues comprises a 2-story bar with indoor and outdoor seating. Indeed a mighty one that serves a wide drink selection. Along with their plenty of home, brews are wines, ciders, and hard kombucha.
On top of that, this brewery specializes in grilled and other delectable food. Oskar Blues has a long list of food menu that ranges from chicken wings, a basket of fries, salads and soups, ribs, fish and chips, Cajun chicken pasta, steak, fried chicken, and a kid’s menu that has buttered noodles, chicken tenders, and fries, kid’s rib plate, and burgers.
- Crowd Favorite: Swiss Guard. An imperial double stout with 12.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Join their fun events such as Yoga class as well as the free trivia and comedy night.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 9pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 11pm.
Address: 118 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Contact: (719) 375-1925 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Lost Friend Brewing Company
A mixture of love for beer crafting and care for dogs drives Lost Friend Brewing Company to continue striving for excellence. This brewpub has an extended flagship menu, rotating seasonal and specialty beers. Wondering what to choose? Don’t worry because Lost Friend offers samples to ensure you get what you want.
The brewery’s live plant indoor decorations add to its laid-back ambiance. The spacious indoor dining provides plenty of seating choices such as bars, couches, or tables. On the other hand, Lost Friend is a must-visit for dog lovers. This brewery hosts adoption events, dog rescues, and helps dog shelters.
- Crowd Favorite: No Face. A sour with 4% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly brewery.
- Highly Recommended: Visit their site to see adoptable dogs and guidelines for adoption.
- Fun Fact: The brewpub’s name came from the lost dogs who momentarily stayed with the company.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 2pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 2458 Montebello Square Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Contact: (719) 694-8501 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Metric Brewing
Your Colorado Springs brewery tour won’t be completed without a stop by Metric Brewing. Their great selection of beers is always on point. Beer samples, flights, canned beers, and over 15 beer taps are available to treat your taste buds.
Fancy a picnic-style beer drinking experience? Lucky you because Metric Brewing has picnic tables inside and outside. As well as grass seating and patio dining options, couches and the bar area are accessible for guests who love to stay indoors.
- Crowd Favorite: Stay At Home Order. A Belgian quadruple with 14% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Rotating food trucks are on site. Dog-friendly but only those on leash and well-behaved.
- What’s New: They support local artists by allowing them to display artworks at the brewery.
Hours: Open Tue – Thur 2pm – 9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 1213 N. Circle Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Contact: (719) 418-5560 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Pikes Peak Brewing Company Lager House
Another microbrewery in Colorado Springs that will not disappoint. Their open rooftop deck will satisfy your cravings for a great view of Pikes Peak mountain. Also, spice up the experience by boozing from their 16 hand-crafted brews and over four flagships.
The Lager House is a brewery with restaurants. They are connected to a multi-restaurant open space called the COATI market. This means it will be easier for you to choose from a sea of delicious foods and enjoy excellent beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Grand Peak Porter. An imperial double baltic porter with 8.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Do not miss out on their Lager specials like Knob Hill India Pale Lager and Tejon Mexican Lager.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 12pm – 9pm, Thur 12pm – 11pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 514 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Contact: (719) 208-4098 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Cogstone Brewing Company
A brewpub that’s taking Colorado Springs by storm. The secret behind their fame might be their creative idea for the business. People have been swept away by Cogstone’s deep-fried fries using duck fat and irresistible wood-fired pizza.
Let’s not forget to mention their award-winning house-brewed curated beers and ciders. Cogstone is a great spot meant to enjoy your pints with board games. They have a large indoor area perfect for groups and an outdoor patio to enjoy the cool breeze.
- Crowd Favorite: Agave Peach. A traditional cider with 5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dogs are allowed outdoors.
- Fun Fact: Cogstone, the brewery’s name, is inspired by the ancient Cogstone found way back in 3500 BC in Southwest America. Which coincidentally had evidence of fermented barley.
Hours: Open Wed – Fri 3pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
Address: 3858 Village 7 Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Contact: (719) 418-6595 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. Cerberus Brewing Company
Have you ever matched your beers with a lamb burger? Interesting as it sounds, you may give it a try in Cerberus. This brewpub is one of the most distinguished breweries in Colorado Springs for winning multiple 2022 awards.
Due to their popularity, the brewery has been a crowd-puller ever since and became busy. But don’t worry, there’s always a spot for you at Cerberus. The area is spacious, and you can dine indoors or on their back patio.
- Crowd Favorite: DDH Elysium Double IPA (Apollo, Mosaic, Citra, Azacca) with 8.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: A dog-friendly brewpub.
- Highly Recommended: Cerberus is also famous for its deviled eggs, so give it a taste.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 11am – 9pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 10pm.
Address: 702 W Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Contact: (719) 636-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
12. Nano 108 Brewing Company
The first-ever brewery to feature seasonal brews from around the world on-site. Nano 108 offers over 15 beers on tap. Worrying about too many good beer choices will not be a problem because they provide tasters for everything. What’s most impressive is that their menu is very family-friendly. There you’ll find two hand-crafted non-alcoholic sodas on tap that kids and non-alcohol drinkers may try.
As for the events, this brewery has everything that you’re looking for. Huge event space is accessible for significant events consisting of about 50 people. The large patio has a majestic mountain view. While the brewpub also hosts fun events like a comedy show for the guests.
- Crowd Favorite: First PHILosopher. A 1-year Scotch barrel-aged Barleywine with 13.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly patio. Rotating food trucks are available and deliver orders inside the brewpub.
Hours: Open Mon – Tue 2pm – 9pm, Wed – Sat 2pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 2402 Waynoka Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Contact: (719) 596-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website