Los Angeles has always been about bringing people together as the center of America’s film and television industry. With California’s booming craft beer scene and the increasing number of craft breweries, it is time for Los Angeles to mark its name in the craft brewing industry. Now Los Angeles is also home to 95 craft beer breweries and counting!
From microbreweries, brewpubs and tasting rooms to restaurants, Los Angeles has become a destination for anyone who wants to enjoy high-quality beer brewed with passion—not to mention its award-winning hazy IPAs and fruity sours. From The Valley, South Bay, and DTLA to Long Beach, there are many breweries for you to enjoy.
1. Golden Road Brewery
Golden Road brewery is the largest brewery in Los Angeles, boasting a selection of more than ten beers on tap at any given time. The brewery was founded by beer enthusiast Meg Gill, who has been able to create a welcoming space for beer enthusiasts in her hometown of Los Angeles.
It’s a warehouse-type brewery that gives a fun and relaxed vibe. They also serve delicious foods and cater to private events. With its enormous outdoor and indoor spaces, it’s trendy among beer lovers, who can be seen enjoying an afternoon of lawn games and good food with friends.
- Crowd Favorite: Mango Cart, 4% ABV. A refreshing wheat ale with bursting Mango flavor!
- Highly Recommended: Wolf Pup Session, 4.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: It’s a kid-friendly brewery (with a play area for your little one) and welcomes behave dogs on leashes.
- Fun Fact: Golden Road Brewery is the first brewery to produce canned beer in Los Angeles!
Hours: Open Daily 11am-10pm.
Address: 5410 W San Fernando Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90039
Contact: (213) 373-4677 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Arts District Brewery
From brewery, taproom, restaurant, bars, and games, Arts District Brewery got it all! Everything you’re looking for a memorable night out with your friends or family, indeed, they will not disappoint.
Arts District Brewery offers 30 selections of craft beers on tap, delicious foods, wines, and cocktails. It has a towering industrial space with plenty of indoor seating, an outdoor patio, expansive bars, and a private room for any events. They also offer classic games, including vintage Skeeball machines!
- Crowd Favorite: Traction IPA, 7.5% ABV. A hoppy beer with berry syrup.
- Highly Recommended: LA IPA, 7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Table reservations are available only from Monday-Thursday. Walk-in for group parties and events is permitted on weekends if space is open.
- What’s New: Outdoor dining is now available!
Hours: Open Mon – Thu 3pm – 12am, Fri 3pm – 2am, Sat 12pm- 2am, Sun 12pm – 12am.
Address: 828 Traction Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Contact: (213) 519-5887 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Angel City Brewery
If you’re looking for a great beer and arts, don’t look far and come down to Angel City! Angel City Brewery is a brewery and a canvas located in LA’s Downtown Art District. Angel Brewery showcases the arts and crafts of LA’s famous artists, musicians, and artisans in their Public House art gallery. Even the old building itself is a canvas!
Angel City Brewery and Public House have spacious indoor seating with plenty of good spots to sit and enjoy your favorite beer. They also offer unique events from Taco and Trivia Tuesdays to Spinnnin’ Sundays, all for a fun-filled beer night experience!
- Crowd Favorite: Angel City IPA, 6.1% ABV. A hoppy medium-bodied IPA.
- Highly Recommended: Angel City Pilsner, 5.6% ABV.
- Fun Fact: The historic John A. Roebling Building is Angel City’s building.
- Hap-py Note: Angel City doesn’t serve foods, but Downtown Taco and other food trucks are available onsite to feed your beasts.
Hours: Open Tue -Thur 4pm -11pm, Fri 4pm – 2am, Sat 12pm – 2am, Sun 12pm – 11pm.
Address: 216 S Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contact: (213) 537-5550 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Highland Park Brewery
Highland Park Brewery has a simple goal – crafting quality beers for beer lovers and enthusiasts. From hoppy and refreshing IPAs to fruit sour, they make sure to produce beer made from the finest ingredients. Highland Park Brewery has two locations within Los Angeles, and both offer relaxing indoor seating with a cozy and industrial vibe.
They have a full-course menu that offers a wide selection of delicious foods and non-alcoholic drinks that are suitable for kids and kids-at-heart. It also has a spacious outdoor patio that is dog friendly.
- Crowd Favorite: Hello, LA, 6.8% ABV. A refreshing golden IPA with notes of tropical fruits and the right amount of bitterness.
- Highly Recommended: Timbo Pils, 5.8% ABV.
- Hop-py NOte: Highland Park Brewery -Chinatown location only offers a first-come-first-serve basis for groups. Outside food is not allowed.
Hours: Open Sun-Wed 12pm-10pm, Thu-Sat 12pm-12am.
Address: 1220 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contact: (213) 878-9017 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Frogtown Brewery
Located at Elysian Valley, also known as “Frog town,” this independent microbrewery is famous for its industrial-chic indoor ambiance and spacious beer garden. It’s a short drive to Dodger Stadium, thus making it a perfect spot to drink beer before and after baseball games.
Frogtown Brewery also commits to community building by displaying arts from its local artists in its small art gallery. They offer classic IPAs and Porter and Saison experimental brews to enjoy with local live music. They don’t serve food, but food trucks from neighboring businesses are available on rotation.
- Crowd Favorite: Painkiller IPA, 7.1% ABV. Delicious milkshake IPA with notes of pineapple and coconuts.
- Highly Recommended: Kinky Blonde Ale, 5.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Frogtown Brewery doesn’t have parking spaces but plenty of street parking.
- Fun Fact: Frogtown got its nickname when a massive number of frogs invaded the streets of Elysian Valley in the 1930s.
Hours: Open Mon – Thu 4pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 10pm.
Address: 2931 Gilroy St, Los Angeles, CA 90039
Contact: (323) 452-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Los Angeles Ale Works Brewery and Tasting Room
Boosting its trendy personalized beer cans, Los Angeles Ale Works is one of LA’s oldest breweries. With 25 rotating beers on taps, ranging from their seasonal IPAs to year-round specialties, definitely a must-visit brewery.
Los Angeles Ale Works features a massive brick building with ample indoor seating and a HUGE sun-drenched beer garden. You can also enjoy your favorite sports game with their several flat-screen TV located in the taproom bar and outside patio.
- Crowd Favorite: Meseeks Joose IPA, 8.5% ABV. A hazy double IPA with notes of orange.
- Highly Recommended: Lunar Kitten IPA, 7.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They don’t serve food, but food trucks are available.
Hours: Open Sun 12pm – 10pm, Mon – Thur 3pm – 11pm, Fri 12pm – 12am, Sat 12pm – 12am.
Address: 12918 Cerise Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Contact: (424) 456-4191 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Boomtown Brewery
Boomtown Brewery is another DTLA hotspot for good beers and a lively atmosphere located in Los Angeles’s Arts District. Its pursuit of promoting LA’s artisan did not stop with displaying arts in its art gallery but also showcasing it in its flagship Artists series and creative beer cans.
Boomtown Brewery features a muraled taproom with lots of space for private events. Their bar offers entertaining classic games, a regular DJ, live music, and ample parking space.
- Crowd Favorite: Limelight IPA, 7% ABV. Hoppy IPA with notes of tropical fruits and caramel.
- Highly Recommended: Nosejob IPA, 7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Open for DTLA tours.
Hours: Open Mon- Wed 5pm – 10pm, Thur 5pm – 11pm, Fri 3am – 1am, Sat 12pm – 1am, Sun 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 700 Jackson St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contact: (213) 617-8497 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Homebound Brew Haus
Homebound Beer Company is one of, if not the most beautiful brewery and taproom in Los Angeles. Located inside Union Station with its historical high ceiling and original wall decors, it gives a classic 1920’s railroad station ambiance.
Homebound Brew Haus is also a famous Dodger fans hotspot. They have spacious indoor space and a beer garden with TVs and projectors ready for Dodger pre-game and post-game hangouts. They also offer ample space for parking and delicious foods as well.
- Crowd Favorite: Chavez Haze IPA, 5.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Superba West Coast IPA, 7.1% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Outside food is not allowed.
- Fun Fact: Homebound Brew Haus is one of the Dodger shuttle bus pick-up points for Dodger fans.
Hours: Open Sun – Thur 12pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am.
Address: 800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contact: (213) 265-7427 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Eagle Rock Brewery
Eagle Rock Brewery, a family-owned microbrewery, produces small batches of craft beers made with fresh ingredients. Popular varieties include their “sessions” and sour beers; however, they also offer a wide selection to newcomers and beer enthusiasts. Eagle Rock Brewery’s spacious industrial taproom and expansive beer garden are a favorite among local businesses and the community for taste-testing new brews. They do not serve food, but food trucks are on-site on schedule.
- Crowd Favorite: Populist IPA, 7% ABV. Hoppy refreshing IPA drink.
- Highly Recommended: Manifesto Wheat beer, 5.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Eagle Rock brewery is NOT a kid-friendly or dog-friendly brewery as stated in its license type.
- Fun Fact: Eagle Rock Brewery was the oldest microbrewery in Los Angeles, although it only officially opened in 2009.
Hours: Open Wed – Fri 3pm – 9pm, Sat 12pm – 9pm, Sun 12pm – 7pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
Address: 3056 Roswell St Suite A, Los Angeles, CA 90065
Contact:(323) 257-7866 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Mumford Brewing Company
A family-owned microbrewery located near Skid Row and Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. They offer a wide selection of tasty craft beers, from hazy IPA Belgian style lager made with the purest ingredients to their award-winning stout. They keep their brewing in small batches to maintain the best quality of their beers.
They also offer a cozy and comfortable taproom with plenty of indoor seating. Mumford Brewing also serves foods with food trucks available in rotation and a kid-friendly brewery as well.
- Crowd Favorite: Rolling Blackout Stout, 7.6% ABV. An American Stout infused with coffee and vanilla flavors.
- Highly Recommended: Always Ready American IPA, 6.9% ABV.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 2pm – 9pm, Fri 1pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 416 Boyd St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Contact: (323) 251-4759 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. Ohana Brewing Company
“The new face of Beer.” This tagline is what Ohana Brewing Company aims for. Although considered a new player in the craft beer industry, they strive to stand out by crafting creative and quality fresh beers with their 7-barrels brew house. Ohana Brewing Company only brews small batches to maintain their beer’s freshness.
Ohana Brewing Company also has a small tasting room in Alhambra, considered a city’s hidden gem. With year-round craft beers available, you will definitely feel at home.
- Crowd Favorite: Spa Water Saison Ale, 5.8% ABV. A farmhouse Ale with a perfect blend of cucumber and lemongrass.
- Highly Recommended: Pacific Ale, 6% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Ohana’s 7-barrel brewhouse is the former Craftsmen brewing company.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 4pm – 8pm, Fri 2pm – 9pm, Sat 12pm – 9pm, Sun 11am – 7pm.
Address: 7 S 1st St, Alhambra, CA 91801
Contact: (626) 282-2337 | Instagram | Website
12. Sage Vegan Bistro and Brewery
Located at Echo Park, Sage Vegan Brewery is the first woman-owned brewery in Los Angeles that offers ambiguous organic craft beer and food recipes. With its partnership with Sow a Heart Farm, Sage Vegan Brewery ensures that all its products come only from fresh and healthy ingredients.
Aside from adventurous craft brews, Sage offers a full-course vegan menu from appetizers to desserts. They also cater to private occasions and gatherings.
- Crowd Favorite: Hibiscus Sour Wit, Wheat Beer, 5.6% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Habanero Pilsner, 4.9% ABV.
- What’s New: Sage Loyalty Rewards. You can register and earn rewards every time you dine and purchase, with 5% cash back for every 1 dollar spent.
- Fun Fact: Sage Vegan Bistro & Brewery is the only brewery with hop yards in Los Angeles.
Hours: Open Mon – Sun 9am – 11pm.
Address: 1700 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
Contact: (213) 989-1718 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
The following craft breweries are within a distance of Los Angeles and group according to their location.
BURBANK AND GLENDALE
13. Lincoln Beer Company
A modern craft beer company opened in 2018 and was founded by a certified beer lover, Patrick Dunn, with the help of his entire family. Lincoln Beer Company is now famous for its unique and wide selection of IPA and lager.
Lincoln Beer Company is a Medieval castle-inspired building with a classy modern taproom and bar. They also have plenty of indoor seating, high ceiling black painted walls, and tiled floors, giving off a relaxing and comfortable vibe.
- Crowd Favorite: Trejo’s Cerveza, 4.7% ABV. A crisp and refreshing Mexican-style lager beer named for a famous Mexican actor.
- Highly Recommended: Subtle Smurk IPA, 7.5% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Patrick Dunn started to love craft brewing when he was still in college and turned his love into professional brewing by starting Lincoln Brewing Company and letting go of his career in the film industry.
- Hop-py Note: Lincoln Brewing does not serve food, but a food truck is available on rotation.
Hours: Open Tue – Thur 4pm – 9pm, Fri 4pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 3083 Lima St, Burbank, CA 91504
Contact: (818) 861-7169 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
14. Brewyard Beer Company
Brewyard Beer Company is a small microbrewery focusing on creative and quality lager beers. This craft brewery aims to rediscover and brew a new type of lagers from their award-winning California Common. It also has IPA and other styles of beer that one can enjoy in the cozy, comfortable taproom and patio.
The company has an open brewery where you can watch as they brew your beer with care. The taproom and patio are cozy and comfortable, with plenty of family seating.
- Crowd Favorite: Sunday Morning Lager, 5.5% ABV. A clean and fresh lager beer.
- Highly Recommended: City Jewel Common, California Common IPA, 6.3% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Brewyard Beer Company is the dream of childhood friends who turns into business partners of Filipino and Japanese descent.
Hours: Open Tue 4pm – 9pm, Wed & Thur 4pm – 10pm, Fri 4pm – 11pm, Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 6pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 906 Western Ave, Glendale, CA 91201
Contact: (818) 409-9448 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
15. Monkish Brewing
A small microbrewery with a lot to offer. For a craft beer scene dominated by IPA, Monkish added a new flavor to the palate, an infusion of Asian spices to its brew. They are now gaining attention nationwide with their famous Belgian-style Ales.
The Monkish brewery offers a classic and comfortable tasting room with indoor seating. A perfect place for good conversation and while sipping a great beer.
- Crowd Favorite: Foggier Window IPA, 8.1% ABV. A hazy double-dry IPA infused with tropical flavors.
- Highly Recommended: Foggy Window IPA, 8.1% ABV.
- What’s New: Monkish accepts beer shipping within California.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 12pm – 9pm, Thur – Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 20311 S Western Ave, Torrance, CA 90501
Contact: (310) 295-2157 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
16. Brouwerij West
Located at the historic Los Angeles Waterfront, Brouwerij West has a massive tasting room and beer garden dedicated to ensure a relaxing and fun atmosphere. Their spacious beer garden also holds large beer events such as beer festivals, weddings and concerts.
Brouwerij is also known for its wide selection of classic Belgian-style Ales, Pilsner and IPA, which are all made from local ingredients. If you’re looking for some entertainment, they have events lining up for a fun-filled beer experience.
- Crowd Favorite: Picnic Lighting IPA, 6.8% ABV. A hazy IPA with a strong pine flavor.
- Highly Recommended: Dig my Earth IPA, 8% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Brouwerij location is a former Los Angeles Warehouse built during the World War II.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 3pm – 10pm, Thur & Fri 3pm – 12am, Sat 12pm – 12am, Sun 11am – 10pm.
Address: 110 E 22nd St, San Pedro, CA 90731
Contact: (310) 833-9330 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
17. Ballast Point Tasting Room
With the refreshing ocean breeze and majestic sunset, there is nothing more relaxing than Ballast Point- Long Beach. This newest addition to Ballast Point’s gigantic brewing company features a spacious indoor bar, covered outdoor patio, and rooftop bar, all to the love of craft! They have 30 plus beers on tap with a wide selection of foods and wines. Truly a perfect hangout for beer lovers and enthusiasts.
- Crowd Favorite: Sculpin IPA, 7% ABV. A light, crisp, hoppy flavor with apricot, mango, peach, and lemon aromas.
- Highly Recommended: Grapefruit Sculpin, 7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservation allowed.
- Fun Fact: Ballast Point Special- the first-ever beer brew and sold in 1996.
Hours: Open Mon – Fri 11am – 11pm, Sat 10am – 11pm, Sun 10am – 8pm.
Address: 110 N Marina Dr, Long Beach, CA
Contact: (562) 296-4470 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
18. San Fernando Brewing
San Fernando Brewing is another Los Angeles independent microbrewery worth visiting because of its wide selection of craft beers and unbeatable price. They operate in 15 barrel brew house, a well-lighted and cozy taproom with wooden furniture that gives a homey and relaxing vibe.
San Fernando Brewing is a family and kid-friendly brewery that allows dogs on leash. They don’t serve foods, but there are always food trucks that serve delicious foods on schedule.
- Crowd Favorite: Grapefruits of Wrath IPA, 7.7% ABV. A delicious grapefruit IPA with a refreshing taste.
- Highly Recommended: O’Melveny Red Ale, 7.5% ABV.
Hours: Open Mon & Tue 12pm – 4pm, Wed 5pm – 11pm, Thur – Sat 12pm – 11pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm.
Address: 425 Park Ave, San Fernando, CA 91340
Contact: (818) 745-6175 | Instagram | Website