The City of Bend is widely known as the Palm Springs of the North, but for passionate beer drinkers, it is best known as the beer capital of Oregon. The area might not offer a lot of breweries compared to the two dozen golf courses available in Bend, but it has a few reputable ones that will truly complete your beer experience.
Each brewpub you visit here will guarantee you a hole-in-one to quench your thirst for great-tasting beer. So, without further ado, here are the outstanding breweries Bend, Oregon, has to offer that you shouldn’t miss!
1. Bend Brewing Company
We start strong with the second-oldest brewery in all of Bend, Oregon. The beer-loving community has adored Bend Brewing Company since it opened in 1995. Its long history has become part of Bend’s well-known heritage as the hub for hand-crafted beers. This thriving waterhole credits success to its founders, who are driven by bringing communities together with the best beers and delicious food.
Overlooking the Deschutes River, you can enjoy your choice of beer on their spacious patio with an open linear fire pit and heated seats. Its menu won’t disappoint you with the wide choice of authentic American food, from cheese curds to the most filling burgers and sandwiches. It is also flocked by various food trucks for you to order and eat while you sip an ice-cold pint of beer. If you don’t like the outdoors, you can sit and relax inside their laid-back, comfy pub, with televisions to watch your favorite sports.
- Crowd Favorite: Ching Ching. A unique fruited Berliner Weisse, packed with hibiscus and pomegranate flavor with an effervescent, sweet tanginess that is an ultimate thirst quencher.
- Highly Recommended: Tropic Pines.
- Hop-py Note: Offers vegetarian alternatives. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available. Free WiFi. Dogs are allowed. TV. Covered patio. Heated outdoor seating. Serves lunch and dinner. Provide reusable tableware. Bicycle parking is available. Full bar. Child-friendly.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm
Address: 1019 NW Brooks St, Bend, OR 97701
Contact: (541)383-1599 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Goodlife Brewing Company
the Goodlife Brewing Company is a dedicated Central Oregon pub that welcomes you for a good time from summer to winter. This brewery is dubbed one of the city’s most loved breweries and is widely known by visitors and locals alike. Not only does it cater to offering its brews, but they also support local craft from some of its brewmasters’ favorite breweries. It is adept at making some of the smoothest drinkable treats, ranging from malty to the most hop-forward beers.
GBC takes pride in its lively pub, distillery, and brewery, all situated in the Century Center, west side of the city. It features a full bar, an outdoor Biergarten where you can play yard games, and an interior filled with artwork made by local artists. Goodlife mainly focuses on brewing balanced beers with interestingly unique flavors. It also has a great selection of sandwiches, salads, and wraps that you can mix and match with every pint.
- Crowd Favorite: Descender IPA. A Western-style American IPA with 7% ABV, packed with hops and aromatics, with a balanced bitterness profile. Piney, citrus with subtle tropical notes with a light-bodied mouthfeel that is a delight to anyone.
- Highly Recommended: Sweet As! Pacific Ale.
- Hop-py Note: Offers plenty of vegan options. Heated outdoor seating. Wheelchair accessible. Environmental-friendly containers are available. Gender-neutral restroom. Dogs are allowed. Private lot parking spaces are available.
Hours: Open Daily 12pm-8pm
Address: 70 SW Century Dr suite 100-464, Bend, OR 97702
Contact: (541)728-0749 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. 10 Barrel Brewing
Next up is another blockbuster brewery that is extremely popular with locals in Bend. Craving craft beers and great munchers will never be a problem with 10 Barrel Brewing. Everything is sure to be made on the spot, providing you with excellent soul food each time you visit.
It has brewed only everything anyone wanted to drink, and this statement about the place assured the most passionate drinkers that you are meeting eye-to-eye with the team behind this beautiful place. It has spacious indoor seating, but you can opt to stay outside, where the view and ambiance are beyond exceptional. Today, it operates in different locations, each having its own inviting ambiance and a diverse and extensive beer menu with some of its all-time favorites.
- Crowd Favorite: Apocalypse IPA. A flagship American-style IPA, with hints of the West Coast vibe, with 6.8% ABV, packed with a complete hop-forward flavor profile. Topped with a bitter finish, smooth to the palate with aromas of candy, lychee, pear, and resin.
- Highly Recommended: Joe IPA.
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Offers a plethora of vegan options. Covered patio. Heated outdoor seating. Bicycle parking is available. Wheelchair accessible. TV. Full bar. Serves lunch and dinner. Child-friendly. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available. Compostable food containers are available.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri & Sat 11am-12am
Address: 1135 NW Galveston Ave, Bend, OR 97701
Contact: (541)678-5228 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Crux Fermentation Project
Crux Fermentation Project is an open brewpub that was established in 2012 and is known for its quirky, one-of-a-kind brews packed with the best ingredients and exceptional flavors. Its taproom is located at the heart of the city and is widely visited by locals and tourists for its beautiful outdoor seating, local food trucks, and breathtaking views, perfect for chilling as you wind down the day.
The founders transformed an old transmission shop, added some exciting decorations and artwork, and the rest worked in itself to create this excellent brewery packed with an industrial but laidback vibe. CFP offers an extensive tap list that includes some of the popular beers it serves, like barrel-aged stouts, IPAs, and german pilsners, while the food menu will leave you returning for more. It serves more than anything, from light salads and pretzel boards to sandwiches.
- Crowd Favorite: Half Hitch. A traditional Imperial/Double IPA, with 9.5% ABV, Featuring floral-grapefruit notes, with layered flavors of mango, guava, and lemon generously hopped with Mosaic hops.
- Highly Recommended: Cast Out.
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout order. Limited vegan choices to choose from. Great for children. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available. Dogs are allowed. Wheelchair accessible. Heated outdoor seating. Gender-neutral restrooms. Conducive for working.
Hours: Open Daily 11:30am-9pm
Address: 50 SW Division St, Bend, OR 97702
Contact: (541)385-3333 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Deschutes Brewery
Deschutes Brewery was established in 1988 and is infamous for being the locality’s Best Brewery for two years, and its name greatly impacted the brewery world. Through the years, it has been chiefly the gathering spot for most locals and visitors worldwide, and this is made possible by the 19 taps that helped it to accommodate the surge of customers all year round.
With over 30 years of brewing experience, DB has become one of the largest breweries in Bend, producing approximately 225 barrels each year and distributing overseas and in at least 32 different states. The Bend Public house is located in the heart of the city, featuring a welcoming brick wall exterior that transports you to its spacious place with ample indoor and outdoor seating. It has a quirky game room upstairs, and apart from its wide range of beers, the food served is to die for.
- Crowd Favorite: Fresh Squeezed. A tasty American-style IPA with 6.4% ABV, packed with flavor and aroma of grapefruit and passion fruit, hopped with Mosaic and Citra for a perfect citrus-hoppy profile with the rounded malt character.
- Highly Recommended: Black Butte Porter.
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout and delivery orders. Accepts reservation. Dog-friendly. Offers plenty of vegetarian options. Outdoor seating. Serves lunch and dinner. Child-friendly. Free WiFi. Street parking spaces are available. TV. Provides reusable tableware. Bicycle parking is available. A designated smoking area is available.
Hours: Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-9pm, Sun Closed
Address: 1044 NW Bond St, Bend, OR 97703
Contact: (541)382-9242 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Bevel Craft Brewing
The next brewery is new to the industry, but it didn’t stop them from playing with the big players of Bend’s beer landscape. Bevel Craft Brewery first opened its doors to the public in 2019, founded by two professional disc golf athletes with great taste in craft beers.
BCB has the typical laid-back and casual atmosphere, featuring a quirky indoor space with a large patio with fire pits to keep you toasty and warm throughout the night. Around the area are food trucks that serve the best foods with multitudes of varieties, from Mexican snacks to Hawaiian-inspired favorites. Today, Bevel continues its mission to produce the best beer with unique flavors. It actively expands its horizons by collaborating with other breweries across 50 states and promises to keep its best foot forward with its all-time favorites, including IPAs and some experimental brews.
- Crowd Favorite: First Run. A well-balanced American IPA with 6.8% ABV, generously hopped with Simcoe hops for a piney, citrusy flavor profile with a slightly bitter finish to round up everything.
- Highly Recommended: Funday.
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout orders. Serves a variety of vegetarian choices to choose from. Gender-neutral restrooms. Wheelchair accessible. Covered outdoor seating. Bicycle parking. Dogs are allowed. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available.
Hours: Open Daily 12pm-9pm
Address: 911 SE Armour Rd Suite B, Bend, OR 97702
Contact: (541)972-3835 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Boneyard Beer Company
Boneyard Beer Company started in 2018, utilizing a makeshift old auto shop. Since then, its success and popularity have spread like wildfire across the entire bend. Soon after, the neighboring places of its birthplace also heard about its quest to find the best beers that people would love. Its unceasing popularity is credited to its award-winning beers with an assertive hop profile and its tasty grubs that go perfectly with every pint.
BB has a unique punk-rock-themed place packed with complimentary decors that add to the overall look of the place. It has a spacious beer hall with lots of seating, an intimate bar, and an inviting outdoor patio with plenty of heaters to keep you comfortable during the night. Today, Boneyard continues to grow in popularity, producing more than 38,000 barrels yearly. Tick this brewery off your list and experience this award-winning yet secluded pub yourself.
- Crowd Favorite: RPM IPA. A best-selling flagship beer with 6.6% ABV. This classic American-style IPA pours a pineapple-citrus delight, dry-hopped with four varieties of Northwest hops.
- Highly Recommended: Hop Venom.
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout orders. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available. Dogs are allowed. Gender-neutral restrooms. Covered outdoor seating. Wheelchair accessible. Offers a variety of vegan alternatives. Bicycle parking spaces are available.
Hours: Open Sun 10am-8pm, Mon 3pm-8pm, Tue-Thur 12pm-8pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm
Address: 1955 NE Division St, Bend, OR 97701
Contact: (541)241-7184 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Silver Moon Brewing
Next in line is Silver Moon Brewing which is one of the forefathers of the Bend brewing industry. Silver Moon was founded in 2000. Being the third oldest brewery in town, it has experienced all hills and valleys that anyone could experience in this industry. This brewery’s success over the years can be credited to its trusty 10-barrel system that is nestled in a 4000 square feet facility.
SMB has a quirky taproom located in the center of Oregon. It has a picturesque view of the mountain ranges, a generously spaced fortress, and an impressive lineup of beers that will surely satisfy your cravings. To accommodate the increasing demand of locals and visitors, SMB has expanded its production facility and built a 30-barrel system that ensures all its beers are served with the maximum quality.
- Crowd Favorite: IPA 97. A superior-tasting American-style IPA that pours a zesty-citrus delight packed with light pine aromatics. 7% ABV hopped with imported hops from Australia and New Zealand.
- Highly Recommended: Mango Daze.
- Hop-py Note: Environmental-friendly packagings are available. Covered patio. Heated outdoor seating area. Bicycle parking spaces are available. Accepts catering orders. Dog-friendly. Street parking and private lot parking spaces are available. Child-friendly environment. Serves plenty of vegan options. Accepts takeout orders.
Hours: Open Sun 10am-8pm, Mon-Thur 12pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-10pm
Address: 24 NW Greenwood Ave, Bend, OR 97703
Contact: (541)388-8331 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Monkless Belgian Ales
Monkless Belgian Ales officially opened in 2014 and is a product of the increasing demand for decent Belgian-style ales. Since it started, it has dedicated itself to producing beers that give you the authentic Belgian taste and has received numerous awards and accolades for the best beers it serves fresh from the tap. Its beers transport you to modern-time Europe, and it specializes in making beers that are a modern take on some classic brews. On top of that, this place also serves European-inspired grubs like Bavarian pretzels, moules, and Belgian hamburgers that are perfect for any taste.
MBA is right next to the Deschutes River, packed with modern, Germanic aesthetics and a peaceful and calm atmosphere. Aside from great food and beers that are obviously off the charts, it also allows you to have a panoramic view of the area while having a great time with your people.
- Crowd Favorite: Peppercorn Imperial Wit. An Impressive Belgian-style wheat beer with 8.2% ABV, with a balanced bitterness and aromatics of a myriad of species. Light-bodied, with pear, coriander, and citrus accents, finishing with a peppery flavor profile.
- Highly Recommended: Capitulation.
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout and delivery orders. A variety of vegetarian options are available. Covered patio. Heated outdoor seating spaces are available. Accepts catering orders. Wheelchair accessible. Free WiFi. Private lot parking spaces are available. Provides reusable tableware. Bicycle parking spaces are available. Dog-friendly premises.
Hours: Open Sun 11am-9pm, Mon-Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm
Address: 803 SW Industrial Way #202, Bend, OR 97702
Contact: (541)797-6760 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Immersion Brewing
Last but not least is known by Bend locals as the “DIY artisans of craft beer,” Immersion Brewing is an independent, family-owned local craft brewery that was founded in 2020. Despite being new to the game, IB has managed to play with others in the big leagues, winning the title of the Best Small Craft Brewery of the year in the Oregon Beer Awards. It specializes in creating IPAs, but its beers can go beyond, from unique sours to great-tasting stouts.
Immersion Brewing is nestled in a repurposed rustic box factory near the Old Mill District that offers a family-friendly, welcoming ambiance. It has high-ceiling indoor seating to keep the space looking spacious and a lively patio, perfect for gatherings. Its family kitchen serves the best made-from-scratch grubs that go perfectly with every pint. To cap it all off, Immersion also offers an immersive two-hour brewing experience that allows you to make connections with its experienced brewers.
- Crowd Favorite: Bender. A standard Belgian-style IPA brewed especially with yeast for a hoppy aroma of American hops. 6.5% ABV
- Highly Recommended: Sexy Girlfriend.
- Hop-py Note: Accepts takeout orders. Offers a variety of vegan options to choose from. Serves lunch and dinner. Great for children. Private lot parking spaces are available. Free WiFi. Full bar. Dog-friendly premises. Private dining. TV. Wheelchair accessible. Covered patio. Heated outdoor seating. Bicycle parking spaces are available. Compostable and plastic-free containers are available. Provides reusable tableware.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11:30am-8pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am-9pm
Address: 550 SW Industrial Way #185, Bend, OR 97702
Contact: (541)633-7821 | Facebook | Instagram | Website