Known for being home to several major sports teams and famous buildings, Anaheim also has something for craft beer lovers. This city houses a number of breweries that are surely not-to-miss!
Furthermore, Anaheim is well-experienced in the craft beer industry as some of the breweries residing in this city are known across the nation for serving the people since the early 20th century. So to avoid the long wait, here are the seven most notable breweries to visit in Anaheim, California.
1. Noble Ale Works
Noble Ale Works is undoubtedly among the most popular breweries in Anaheim, with its massive following on Instagram. Noble Ale Works is a local microbrewery near the Angel Stadium serving people quality craft beers. It has grown from a humble establishment to one of the rising breweries in Orange County.
Noble Ale Works boasts a neat and modern indoor area with a huge projector on the wall where sports are played during matches. You can also find a variety of beers available on tap, which are also available for flights of five.
- Crowd Favorite: Naughty Sauce.A creamy and full-bodied Golden stout with 5.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Big Whig IPA
- Hop-py Note: Sells merchandise. Dog-friendly. Offers cans and crowlers for takeout.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 4pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 3pm-10pm, Sun 1pm-7pm
Address: 1621 Sinclair St B, Anaheim, CA 92806
Contact: (714)634-2739 | Instagram | Website
2. Golden Road Brewing – Pub OC
Golden Road Brewing is a macro brewery from Los Angeles and is a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, a famous European beer company. It has multiple locations in the United States, one of which is in Anaheim, known as Pub OC.
Pub OC is located right across from Angel Stadium. It has a spacious indoor area and a laid-back environment that makes it perfect for gatherings. Moreover, its taproom features over 30 taps of Golden Road’s beers, along with a variety of brews from local breweries.
- Crowd Favorite: Mango Cart. A crisp and refreshing Wheat Ale with 4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Wolf Pup Session IPA
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Large outdoor patio. Vegan food options are available.
- Fun Fact: Golden Road is actively supporting local nonprofit organizations through donations and fund raisins.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm
Address: 2210 E Orangewood Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806
Contact: (844)-452-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Bottle Logic Brewing
Whether you’re new to drinking craft beers or not, make sure to pay a visit to Bottle Logic’s tasting room. It is open every Friday and Sunday, wherein you can have access to its full draft portfolio. A variety of 28 beers are on tap ranging from foamy, crisp, fruity, and strong, which are all available for to-go as well.
To accompany your tasting journey, Bloomingsips is up for a no-carve fresh pumpkin and succulent workshop. Be sure to catch them up as they are only in the brewery every Thursday from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Crowd Favorite: Double Actuator. Tropical fruit-scented IPA with 8.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Recursion
- Hop-py Note: Indoor and outdoor seating. Trivia nights. Dog and kid-friendly.
- Fun Fact: In 2018 and 2019, Bottle Logic won Best of Show in the Festival of Barrel-Aged Beers.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 12pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am
Address: 1072 N Armando St, Anaheim, CA 92806
Contact: (714)660-2537 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Karl Strauss is another brewery born out of Anaheim but still loved by the locals. It is an award-winning regional brewery with eight active locations across the United States. And it also distributes its beers to every state in the U.S and even accepts international orders.
Just like its other locations, Karl Strauss Brewing Anaheim features a selection of gourmet dishes and house-brewed craft beers. You can additionally choose from a selection of kombucha and hard seltzers if you want to take a break from beer. Moreover, the place has a casual indoor and outdoor area that can seat even families and even larger groups.
- Crowd Favorite: Red Trolley Ale. An Irish Style Red Ale with 5.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Aurora Hoppyalis IPA
- Hop-py Note: Dog and kid-friendly. Offers takeout and delivery.
- Fun Fact: The brewery was named after Karl Strauss, cousin of Chris (CEO) and the Master Brewers Association president in the early 1960s.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11am-10pm
Address: 2390 E Orangewood Ave #100, Anaheim, CA 92806
Contact: (714)940-1772 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Brewery X
Brewery X is everyone’s favorite in Anaheim and is a place where beer lovers have fun while enjoying fantastic brews. Brewery X is committed to crafting out-of-the-box and approachable beers while providing an unparalleled brewery experience.
Brewery X boasts a beautiful and rustic outdoor area with nice tables, comfortable chairs, and lovely plants surrounding the whole place. And although the beer garden is already astonishing during the day, wait till you see its magnificence at night, and you will be in awe of its beauty.
- Crowd Favorite: Slap & Tickle. A hoppy and clean American IPA with 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Dictionary Roulette
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Monthly events. Offers takeout and delivery.
- Fun Fact: Brewery X partners with popular establishments with big crowds, such as the Honda Center and the Angel Stadium, to sell beers.
Hours: Open Daily 11am-12am
Address: 3191 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806
Contact: (657)999-1500 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Unsung Brewing Company
Unsung Brewing is a microbrewery serving the locals of both Tustin and Anaheim. Its brewhouse is in Tustin, along with its packing facility that handles its beers that are for distribution. And for its tasting room, locals at Anaheim are lucky as Unsung Brewing opened a brewpub in this city so visitors can drink its beers fresh from the tap.
Unsung’s taproom features a selection of lagers and ales as well as classic American brews. The place gives off an industrial vibe with its long tables and hundreds of empty bottles displayed on its walls. Moreover, you can see geeky decors inside, such as a Spiderman mannequin, comic books, and Star Wars memorabilia.
- Crowd Favorite: Naturia. A strong and hoppy Double IPA with 8.4% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: MetaPlex
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. Kid-friendly. Bike and street parking.
- Fun Fact: Mike Crea, the founder of Unsung Brewing, is a graduate of Siebel Institute of Technology for its Master Brewers Program and is a Certified Cicerone.
Hours: Open Mon & Tue 4pm-10pm, Wed & Thur 2pm-10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-10pm
Address: 500 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
Contact: (714)844-2300 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Brewheim Beer Makers
If you feel sad sipping your beer in silence, worry no more, as Brewheim will never let a quiet night pass. Each day, it holds an event to amp up its taproom. Live music can be heard in the brewery most evenings, featuring local talents playing acoustic and jazz. On some nights, speakers are turned on for the songs and sounds of a live DJ. Moreover, if a good laugh is what you need, Brewheim has comedy nights.
Brewheim will never go silent unless it has been reserved. Its patio, B-lounge, and full facility are open for reservations for a group of 20-200.
- Crowd Favorite: Hestia Flame. A citrusy New England IPA with 6.7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: The King – PB, and Banana Blonde
- Hop-py Note: To-go beers available. Sells merchandise.
- Fun Fact: “Heim” means home, and the brewery chose this name because, for them, they are a family of brewers.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 4pm-10pm, Fri 4pm-12am, Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-9pm
Address: 1931 E Wright Cir, Anaheim, CA 92806
Contact: (714)453-4346 | Facebook | Instagram | Website