Known for its famous farm-to-table restaurants, vibrant farmer’s market, and prominent distilleries, Columbus’s evolving craft beer scene has made another splash as the largest craft beer city in the Midwest.
Beat the heat with a cold beer, enjoy the sun at one of Columbus’s fabulous outdoor beer gardens, join the Columbus Beer Trail and taste your way through the city. With 50 craft breweries, choosing one can be overwhelming! But don’t fret because we’re here to show you the best of Columbus’ 16 hottest craft beer destinations.
1. Land Grant Brewing
Experience outdoor parties, live music, barbeque, and some cold beer to beat the sunny heat in Land Grant Brewing! Located in the historic Frankilton neighborhood, this brewery has become a favorite summer beer destination for locals and tourists in Columbus. With wide beer selections on taps, all you have to do is ask!
This brewery features an old industrial building, a spacious taproom with ample indoor seating, and a vast beer garden. Enjoy different activities during Beer Garden Season from weekly Cornhole League, trivia, music series, and yoga! If you got hungry, Land Grand has an in-house Ray Ray’s Hogpit that serves delicious barbecues and a rotating food truck on schedule!
- Crowd Favorite: Stiff-Arm IPA, 6.4% ABV. A hoppy American IPA with notes of citrus and pine.
- Highly Recommended: Greenskeeper Session IPA, 4.7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: They offer reservations on their Kickstarter room for large groups and private events while the taproom is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Fun Fact: Land Grant Brewing’s name refers to the owner’s alma matter’s status as a land grant university.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 3pm – 10pm, Thur 11am – 12am, Fri & Sat 11am – 1am, Sun 11am – 10pm.
Address: 424 W Town St, Columbus, OH 43215
Contact: (614) 427-3946 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Wolf’s Ridge Brewing
Wolf’s Ridge Brewing is the place to go for a craft beer and a bite if you like your fancy dining made with an artisanal flair. Located at 4th Street, downtown Columbus, Wolf’s Ridge is more than just a favorite brewery, taproom, and fine-dining restaurant! This place has everything from an award-winning beer to plenty of indoor seating and an expansive outdoor patio that offers a premier dining experience. They also have many exciting events, from live music to “sip and play” board games!
- Crowd Favorite: Daybreak Cream Ale, 5% ABV. A perfect blend of Columbus’ coffee and vanilla.
- Highly Recommended: Dire Wolf Stout,10.8 % ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Weekly lunch and weekend brunch is now available at Wolf’s Ridge dining hall. Dining accepts table reservations while their taproom is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Fun Fact: Wolf’s Ridge Brewing is a father and son duo business. The father has a certified beer lover and homebrewer, while the son is a food enthusiast.
Hours: Open Tues – Thur 3pm – 9pm, Fri 3pm – 12am, Fri 12pm – 12am, Sun 12pm – 10pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 215 N 4th St, Columbus, OH 43215
Contact: (614) 429-3936 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Seventh Son Brewery
When it comes to tasty IPAs, this brewery should be at the top of your list! Featuring a spacious, rustic, and bright taproom, Seventh Son Brewery is one of Columbus’s famous breweries. This brewery offers ample indoor and outdoor seating with a relaxing, laid-back vibe where you can enjoy a beer with your friends or family. With their 24 wide selection of beers on taps, you wouldn’t run out of choice. Seventh Son Brewing has three locations in Columbus, Ohio, owing to its excellent relationships with patrons.
- Crowd Favorite: Humulus Nimbus Pale Ale, 6% ABV. A refreshing Pale ALe with crisp and hoppy character.
- Highly Recommended: The Scientist IPA, 7% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Seventh Son Brewery doesn’t serve food, but scheduled food trucks are available on their patio.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 3:30pm – 11pm, Thur 3:30pm – 12pm, Fri & Sat 11am – 2am, Sun 11am – 11pm.
Address: 1101 N 4th St, Columbus, OH 43201
Contact: (614) 421-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. North High Brewing Co.
Another must-visit local brewery in the Short North neighborhood, North High Brewing, offers a wide selection of midwest-inspired craft beers ranging from year-round to seasonal and limited brews. North High Brewery has become a staple of Ohio’s craft beer scene. With nine locations across the state, this brewpub features a classic vibe with spacious indoor seating, an expansive outdoor patio, and all your favorite brews on tap. Try their fresh bavarian pretzels or the sharable crispy roasted chicken wings and pair them with your favorite cold beer. If you need a private space for private dinners, rehearsals or meetings, don’t forget to place a reservation!
- Crowd Favorite: Rise IPA,6.8 % ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Five pale Ale, 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Not a beer fan? Don’t worry. North High Brewing also offers cocktails, wine, and ciders!
- Fun Fact: North High Brewery’s building is a former Ford Dealership.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 2pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–12am, Sun 12pm–10pm.
Address: 1288 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201
Contact: (614) 756-0100 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. BrewDog Frankilton
Ready your growlers, and let’s head to Brewdog Frankilton! With their 48 craft beers on tap, there is something for everyone to enjoy! This brewery features a high-ceiling industrial-style taproom with street-level patios and a rooftop bar! Brewdog Frankilton is also famous for its mouth-watering menus, from giant burgers to tasty tacos. If you’re on a diet or enjoy plant-based courses, don’t forget to check out their vegan menus too! They also offer private spaces for group events and other occasions. Adjacent to its brewery is the Doghouse hotel, where you can check in and enjoy a comfortable room with an in-house beer. And the best part is Doghouse Hotel is open for dogs!
- Crowd Favorite: Funk IPA, 5.2% ABV. A funky American IPA with caramel and tropical fruit mix flavors you love!
- Highly Recommended: Elvis Juice IPA, 6.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Brewdog serves unlimited chicken wings every Wednesday! So dont forget to reserve your table!
- Fun Fact: Brewdog Company’s name refers to the company’s humble beginning story. This small brewery rises from the ground with just the founders and their pet dog.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 11am–11pm, Fri & Sat 11am–12am, Sun 11am–10pm.
Address: 463 W Town St, Columbus, OH 43215
Contact: (614) 908-3077 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Columbus Brewing Company
Sip, eat, and repeat! Not only known for its tasty, creative beers, but Columbus Brewing also serves delicious foods that hit your appetite. As the oldest local microbrewery in Columbus, CBC continues to produce quality hand-crafted beers, from their award-winning Hop-forward Columbus Pale Ale to new and unrestricted styles today. Featuring its classic brick industrial taproom with spacious indoor seating, full-muraled walls, and a welcoming neighborhood vibe. You can also explore decades of craft brewing experience through their scheduled brewery tours!
- Crowd Favorite: Bohdi IPA, 8.3% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: American IPA, 6.3 % ABV.
- Fun Fact: Columbus Brewing Company is the second oldest brewery in Ohio and the oldest in Columbus.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 3pm–11pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am–12am, Sun 11:30am–10pm.
Address: 2555 Harrison Rd, Columbus, OH 43204
Contact: (614) 224-3626 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Barley’s Brewing Company (Brew Pub)
Enjoy classic games while sipping your favorite craft beer in Barley’s Brewing! Barley’s Brewing is another favorite, with 40 beers on taps and their commitment to brew a “Real Ale .”Featuring an industrial-style building with wooden furniture and classic decors, this brewery offers a classic brewpub vibe that we all love! You can relax and enjoy their cozy taproom or head to Brewcadia, their arcade bar above the brewery. Brewcadia offers classic and vintage arcade games where you can play and have fun FREE! With its award-winning brews and full-course dining collection, Barley’s Brewing offers a complete craft beer experience.
- Crowd Favorite: Blood Thirst Wheat Beer,5 % ABV. A refreshing citrusy flavored wheat beer with floral notes.
- Highly Recommended: Mclenny’s Scottish Ale, 6.6% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Brewcadia now accepts reservations for semi-private or private events and occasions.
- Fun Fact: Established in 1992, Barley’s Brewing is the oldest brewpub in Columbus.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–10pm, Fri & Sat 11am–12am.
Address: 467 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215
Contact: (614) 221-9767 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Elevator Brewing Company
There’s only one word to describe this brewery- LUXURY! Located in the historic Columbia building, Elevator Brewing Company is a National Historical Landmark of downtown Columbus. With its centerpiece, the Philippine Mahogany bar, intricated mosaic tiles, exquisite carved ceilings, and stunning stained glasses, this brewery gives a luxurious feel of a 5-star hotel. Aside from their full course menu, Elevator Brewing also serves cocktails and soda. Enjoy a fine dining experience and your favorite beer while appreciating its luxurious space, play pool games, and have fun!
- Crowd Favorite: Three Frogs, No Coast IPA, 6.9% ABV. A perfect blend of West and East Coast.
- Highly Recommended: Bleeding Buckeye Red ale, 5.7 % ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Elevator Brewing accepts table reservations.
- Fun Fact: Elevator Brewing Company is the former Bott Brothers Billiard that opened in 1897.
Hours: Open Tue-Fri 11:30am–9pm, Sat 4:30pm–9:30pm, Sun & Mon Closed.
Address: 161 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215
Contact: (614) 228-0500 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Hoof Hearted Brewery and Kitchen
When outdoor dining and beer garden becomes a new trend, Hoof Hearted Brewery sets the bar high with their Swimming Pool! Yes, you read it right. In conjunction with Gofitness, they have access to a swimming pool for those who want to swim while enjoying a glass of cold beer. From their spacious and airy taproom, vibrant and colorful decors, blasting music (if you’re into it), mouth-watering foods, and eclectic beer selections. This brewery got you covered! If you’re into sports, join their running club every Wednesday and enjoy half off the draft for free!
- Crowd Favorite: Konkey Dong IPA, 5% ABV. A hoppy and juicy IPA with notes of pineapple and citrus!
- Highly Recommended: Roller Babe Imperial IPA, 8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: The swimming pool is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so dont forget to call ahead for a reservation.
Hours: Open Wed-Fri 3pm–12am, Sat 10am–12am, Sun 10am–10pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
Address: 850 N 4th St, Columbus, OH 43215
Contact: (614) 522-1655 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Forbidden Root Brewery – Columbus
Wanted to try something different on your weekend date night? Head to Forbidden Root Brewery. The first brewery to specialize in botanical beers made from natural herbs, spices, flowers, and roots! Open its door in 2016 in Chicago; Forbidden Roots found another home in Columbus, offering botanical beers and a full-course menu. Featuring an industrial-chic building, Forbidden Root has high-ceiling and spacious indoor seating offering a relaxed and cozy atmosphere perfect for a weekend date night. Aside from its famous botanical beers, this brewery also offered hand-crafted cocktails and a varied selection of wines and spirits.
- Crowd Favorite: Strawberry Basil Hefeweizen, Wheat Beer, 5% ABV. A light and refreshing wheat beer which is a combination of strawberry and basil.
- Highly Recommended: Ohio High, Pale Ale, 5.7% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Forbidden Root Brewery’s 100% sales on non-consumable items (T-shirts, caps, etc.) are donated to their chosen charity.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 12pm–9pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–10pm, Sun 12pm–6pm.
Address: 4080 Worth Ave, Columbus, OH 43219
Contact: (614) 414-6127 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. Sideswipe Brewing
Get a taste of a kickass beer and experience what Sideswipe is all about! Sideswipe Brewing is an independent microbrewery located minutes from downtown Columbus and right off the bike pass to Camp Chase Trail. Hence, it’s accessible even to bikers. Featuring a classic brewpub vibe taproom with ample indoor seating, it offers a laid-back neighborhood vibe. You can hang out and enjoy a beer with your friends on weekends. They also have arcade game machines, and when the weather is nice, they have a pull-up door for an expanding outdoor patio. More than their famous owner, their kickass craft brews are why Sideswipe Brewing has become a favorite brewery in Columbus.
- Crowd Favorite: Fisticuffs IPA, 7% ABV. A perfect blend of citrus and pine for a refreshing and hoppy IPA.
- Highly Recommended: Elegant Hoodlum Smoked Beer,7 % ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Sideswipe dont have a kitchen, but they have a pizza menu from neighboring restaurants for quick delivery, or you can bring your food.
- Fun Fact: Sideswipe Brewing’s name refers to the owner, Craig O’Herron, for famous sideswipe martial arts moves.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur 4pm–9pm, Fri 4pm–10pm, Sat 1pm–10pm, Sun 1pm–7pm, Mon & Tue Closed.
Address: 2419 Scioto Harper Dr, Columbus, OH 43204
Contact: (614) 401-1598 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
12. Parsons North Brewing Co.
With its goal of bringing people together, Parsons North Brewing offers ample space for everyone to enjoy. This brewery is located at Parsons Street and features a traditional dark and cozy taproom with a full bar, a spacious outdoor patio, and an open and inviting yard. You can visit alone and relax at their cozy pub, bring your entire crew, stay on their deck, or play cornhole and other yard games. The yard is kid and dog friendly and has a rotating food truck to feed your appetite. If you’re not a beer person, don’t worry because they have a full bar that offers a wide selection of cocktails, wine, and spirits.
- Crowd Favorite: East Coast IPA, 7.2% ABV. A refreshing and juicy American IPA.
- Highly Recommended: Grapefruit WHeat Beer, 6.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: The patio and yard picnic tables in on a first-come-first-serve basis, so make sure to come early. They also have limited parking.
Hours: Open Mon & Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri 4pm–12am, Sat 12pm–12am, Sun 12pm–7pm.
Address: 685 Parsons Ave, Columbus, OH 43206
Contact: (614) 824-4208 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
13. Ohio Brewing Company
With a 37,000-square-foot brewery on 2nd Avenue, Ohio Brewing Company is one of the largest breweries in Columbus. This newly opened Columbus location is so huge that Brutus operates a small plane hanging on the ceiling! Featuring a warehouse-style Ohio-themed taproom, this brewery showcases all of Ohionian’s famous personalities with pictures decorated on the walls. This brewery has spacious and bright indoor seating, a substantial full bar, and an expansive patio. With still on the way plans like the stage for live music on an outdoor patio, two bocce ball courts, and events space, indeed, this brewery will become a favorite!
- Crowd Favorite: Kulbit IPA, 7.2% ABV. A refreshing IPA with a fruity aroma.
- Highly Recommended: I big Heyzues New England IPA, 9.1% ABV.
Hours: Open Mon & Thur 4pm–11pm, Fri 4pm–12am, Sat 10am–12am, Sun 10am–10pm.
Address: 421 E 2nd Ave, Columbus, OH 43201
Contact: (614) 682-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
14. Taft’s Brewpourium Columbus
Taft’s Brewpourium is the 80s/90s-themed hotspot in Columbus which offers award-winning beers, delicious pizza, and entertaining events. This brewery offers a family-friendly and welcoming vibe, a spacious and bright taproom with huge glass windows, plenty of indoor seating, and an expansive patio. You can enjoy their great selections of craft beers while playing board games or participate in trivia and comedy nights. They also serve mouth-watering homemade pizzas that go well with a cold beer. Suppose you plan to throw a party, family gathering, or any special event; they offer private spaces with various menus and beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Gavel Banger IPA, 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Nellie’s Key Lime Ale, Wheat Beer, 4.8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Taft’s Brewing is a kid-friendly brewery that welcomes behave dogs on their outside patio.
Hours: Open Tue & Thur 2pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–11pm, Sun 12pm–8pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 440 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
Contact: (614) 489-8900 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
15. Saucy Brew Works- Brewpub and Coffeehouse
Located in the Harrison West neighborhood, Saucy Brew Works is a newly opened brewery that offers excellent craft beers and delicious foods. The brewery has 20 beers on tap, from IPAs to Kolschs and their signature Christmas Ales. Saucy Brew Works features a swing as a seat, adding to its fun atmosphere. Not only this brewery serves delicious pizza, but their menu also includes wings, salads, sandwiches, and specials; plus, they have saucy coffee! So, start your day with Saucy Coffee and stay for a glass of tasty beer and delicious pizza for the whole afternoon!
- Crowd Favorite: Love You, Bye IPA, 8% ABV. A medium-bodied hazy IPA with fresh mango, pineapple, and melon flavors.
- Highly Recommended: Juicy Asap, American IPA, 6.5 % ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Saucy Brew Works offers to buy one signature small pizza and get one for free on Mondays! They also accept Cryptocurrency.
- Fun Fact: Saucy Brew Works also offers Saucy Coffee Club. With this 6 to 12 months subscription, you can enjoy your unlimited saucy coffee!
Hours: Open Sun & Thur 7am–10pm, Fri & Sat 7am–12am.
Address: 443 W 3rd Ave, Columbus, OH 43201
Contact: (614) 696-5100 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
16. Gemüt Biergarten
The first brewery in Old Towne East, Gemüt Biergarten, is a German-style brewery and another excellent beer spot in Columbus. Featuring its vintage old firehouse building, stunning stained glass paintings, and wooden tables and chairs, this new brewery offers a classy and elegant atmosphere. They have a small beer hall and expansive outdoor patio, which has become a favorite hangout place for friends and families in the neighborhood. Gemüt also offers delicious german foods from their famous soft pretzels, salads, and other brewpub favorites. With the community in mind, this brewery hopes to give the district a relaxing and cozy place to enjoy!
- Crowd Favorite: Woden’s Hunt Dunkel, Lager, 5.8% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Alfheim Hefeweizen Wheat Beer, 4.8% ABV.
- Fun Fact: Gemüt Biergarten’s building was the historic Engine House No.12 firehouse built in 1890.
Hours: Open Mon & Thur 4am–11pm, Fri 3pm–12am, Sat 11am-12am, Sun 11am–9pm.
Address: 734 Oak St, Columbus, OH 43205
Contact: (614) 725-1725 | Facebook | Instagram | Website