Known for its beautiful beaches and sunny weather, Ventura County, CA, is a great vacation spot to visit with your family and friends. And its county seat, Ventura city, has plenty of open restaurants, craft breweries, and wineries you can find.
Savor the most delicate dishes, sip on refreshing beers and let your foodie and beer-enthusiast soul be satisfied! Ride with us as we take you to some of the finest breweries in town!
1. Poseidon Brewing Company
With a passion for crafting quality beer, the couple Brian and Vinita founded Poseidon Brewing Company in 2014. The brewery is committed to ensuring you’ll get the best beer, whether an IPA, stout, or blonde!
You will immediately feel sea-riously good when you visit the place because of its vibrant and cool interior design and decors. This fun and lively brewery will surely hype you up because of its regular events, occasional bands, and food trucks outside selling tasty meals and munchies.
- Crowd Favorite: Grapefruit IPA. A citrus-centric IPA with 6.6% ABV, perfect for hop-py fans!
- High Recommended: Dirty Diver Double IPA
- Hop-py Note: Dogs on a leash are allowed inside. Different food trucks are available every day.
Hours: Open Tue – Thur 4pm – 9pm, Fri 3pm – 10pm, Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 8pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 5777 Olivas Park Dr Unit S, Ventura, CA 93003
Contact: (805) 477-0239 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. MadeWest Brewing Company
MadeWest is one of the best and most patronized breweries in the city. They are active in taking online orders and have an organized process for selling and distributing their hand-made craft beer. If you visit the place, please note that dogs are not allowed inside the taproom, and the brewery doesn’t come with food on its menu.
MadeWest’s open taproom has a vibrant design. It is located near the coastline of Ventura, where you can get a fantastic sea view.
- Crowd Favorite: Hazy IPA 7% ABV. Aromatic Hazy IPA packed with mosaic hops.
- High Recommended: Short-Lived Series W/ Humble Sea
- Hop-py Note: Kids are allowed inside.
- Fun Fact: You can shop on their website for canned beers and cool apparel/accessories that you can get delivered right to your door.
Hours: Open Mon-Sat 11:30am–10pm, Sun 11:30am–9pm.
Address: 1744 Donlon St, Ventura, CA 93003
Contact: (805)947-5002 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Topa Topa Brewing Company
Located at Colt St. Ventura, CA, Topa Topa is a famous brewery patronized by visitors and residents. They offer a fantastic selection of craft beers, from light to darker-colored ones.
What visitors love about this brewery is its large patio with mini-gardens and trees where you can have fresh air while enjoying a good glass of beer. More importantly, Topa Topa is a proud member of the 1% for the planet organization. They donate 1% of their annual sales to environmental non-profit organizations. So when you buy a beer from them, you are also helping the local environment!
- Crowd Favorite: Chief Peak IPA. This tasty hoppy beer with a gooseberry, orange, and passion fruit blend will take you to new heights. Contains 7% ABV.
- High Recommended: Spectro Hazy IPA
- Hop-py Note: Family and Dog-friendly environment. Rotating food trucks every day.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 12pm–8pm, Fri-Sat 12pm–10pm.
Address: 104 E Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001
Contact: (805) 628-9255 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Rincon Brewery – Ventura
Rincon Brewery serves delicious craft beers that are brewed in-house. The brewpub also offers gourmet dishes made from fresh produce and quality local ingredients. You can either chill inside or hang out on their cozy patio to enjoy their refreshing beers when visiting the place.
Rincon Brewery is also a nice place to have a family gathering or business, as they accept group dining bookings. And the brewpub’s vibrant ambiance and fantastic artwork add to a great experience!
- Crowd Favorite: Indicator IPA. A hoppy American India Pale Ale with 7.1% ABV.
- High Recommended: Beached Hazy
- Hop-py Note: Family and Dog-friendly environment.
- Fun Fact: Rincon Brewery is a Platinum Level Certified Ocean Friendly Restaurant.
Hours: Open Sun-Wed 11:30am–8pm, Thur-Sat 11:30am–9pm.
Address: 4100 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
Contact: (805) 676-0020 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Leashless Brewing
Famous for its organic craft beers, Leashless Brewing is committed to serving healthy food and craft beer to make the world a much better place.
What is it about being organic? The founders, John and Leila, are in love with the thought of being healthy and being able to help the environment. That is why they promised only to use organic, raw ingredients to make their beers. You’ll enjoy a delicious craft beer with ingredients free from inorganic fertilizers and harmful pesticides!
- Crowd Favorite: May Grey Hazy. A grapefruit-based IPA with 6.3 ABV. Solid, crisp, and smooth.
- High Recommended: Foam ball
- Hop-py Note: The place is certified dog-friendly! Offers gluten-reduced beers.
- Fun Fact: John, the owner of Leashless Brewing, is a certified scuba diver and surfer.
Hours: Open Tue & Wed 4pm–9pm, Thur 4pm–10pm, Fri 4pm–11pm, Sat 1pm–11pm, Sun 1pm–9pm.
Address: 585 E Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001
Contact: (805)628-9474 | Facebook | Instagram
6. Ventura Coast Brewing Company
Ventura Coast is for you if you search for a very friendly brewpub with its own club! Becoming a member of their Coast Club gives you numerous benefits such as discounts, early access to limited beer releases, exclusive parties, a special pour during your birthday, and many more!
Moreover, the brewery produces a variety of craft beers so guests can enjoy the type of beer they want. Whether you want an IPA, pale ale, hoppy, or fruity beer, Ventura Coast has something for everyone!
- Crowd Favorite: Resinite. A piney and citrusy beer with a clean, smooth finish. Contains 7.8 ABV.
- High Recommended: Arctic Haze
- Hop-py Note: Kids and dogs are allowed.
Hours: Open Mon-Thur 12pm-9pm, Fri 12pm-11pm, Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11pm-8pm.
Address: 76 S Oak St, Ventura, CA 93001
Contact: (805)667-8640 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Transmission Brewing
Transmission Brewing is not your so ordinary brewery. Before it opened as a brewing company, it was once a mechanic shop, repairing cars and selling automobile parts. Today, the place is committed to serving quality and innovative beers to its valuable customers instead of fixing vehicles.
One of the best things Transmission Brewing offers is their open taproom with a 30-barrel system where they produce their quality craft beers. Their friendly staff accommodates all customers and gives them a lot of knowledge about beers. So, if you want to learn more about beers, Transmission Brewing is a great company to visit!
- Crowd Favorite: Transmission Light. An award-winning rice lager with 4.2% ABV that gained the people’s hearts.
- High Recommended: Fog Lights Hazy IPA
- Hop-py Note: You can get a pizza to go with your beer next door at Toppers Pizza.
- Fun Fact: Transmission Brewing’s name is derived from their commitment to transmitting their passion into something extraordinary, especially with their beers!
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–10pm, Fri-Sat 11am–11pm.
Address: 1098 E Front St, Ventura, CA 93001
Contact: (805)751-4075 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Seaward Brewing
Seaward Brewing is a new brewery that serves quality craft beers and offers friendly customer service. The brewery is focused on bringing the community together through good relationships, positivity, and freshly brewed beers.
With a lovely open patio and freshly brewed beers on tap, Seaward Brewing is a great place to have a good time with your family and friends!
- Crowd Favorite: Low Tide. A hoppy IPA with a tropical, citrus hint and smooth mouth feel. Contains 7% ABV.
- High Recommended: Tiki Drink
- Hop-py Note: Outside food is allowed. Kid and dog-friendly brewery. Frequent visits of food trucks on site.
Hours: Open Sun-Thur 11am–10pm, Fri-Sat 11am–11pm.
Address: 1920 Goodyear Ave STE D, Ventura, CA 93003
Contact: (805)507-7202 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Fluid State Beer Garden
If you love charcuterie and pizza paired with a glass of good beer, Fluid State Beer Garden is a must-visit pub! The pub has a great rotating beer collection, all from famous breweries, so that you can enjoy various unique beers!
Fluid State is also perfect for family gatherings. They have a fantastic outdoor patio and a decent comfort food menu, from pizza and salad to a traditional charcuterie board. This pub is an excellent choice if you prefer a simple, comfortable space!
- Crowd Favorite: Doom Volume³. A tropical hoppy IPA with 6% ABV.
- High Recommended: Single Cuff
- Hop-py Note: Pet and kid-friendly place.
Hours: Open Tue-Thur 3pm–10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm–11pm, Sun 12pm–10pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 692 E Main St, Ventura, CA 93001
Contact: (805)628-3107 | Facebook | Instagram
10. Anacapa Brewing Co.
What place is better than a brewpub that sells hand-made craft beer, has a delish food menu, and has daily Happy Hour? Anacapa Brewing is among the best breweries in Ventura, CA, and this place will surely leave you satisfied!
Anacapa Brewing offers more than 30 beers for seasonal rotation. Their lineup features tasty starters, entrees, pasta dishes, salads, and sweet desserts. And what’s the best drink to pair with food this good? Freshly brewed beers! Anacapa brews quality, solid beers that are refreshing and have a nice mouth-feel finish!
- Crowd Favorite: Pierpont IPA. An American-style Indian pale ale with 6.5% ABV. Have great flavor, a clean taste, and a smooth finish.
- High Recommended: Seaward Golden
- Hop-py Note: Discounted handcraft pints are available during Happy Hours. Dog-friendly patio.
Hours: Open Tue – Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am-10pm, Sunday 11:30am-4pm, Mon Closed.
Address: 472 E Main St, Ventura, CA 93001
Contact: (805)643-2337 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. BarrelHouse 101
Barrelhouse is a brewery that is beyond your imagination. The place unbelievably has more than a hundred taps available every day! Whether you are looking for a pilsner, kombucha, strong ales, hazy IPAs, porter, sours, or a lager, Barrelhouse has an endless list of beers to offer!
You also don’t need to worry about drinking on an empty stomach because Barrelhouse offers you with food that is deliciously good for the soul!
- Crowd Favorite: Short Lived Series with 7% ABV. A West Coast IPA packed with a fruity and malty punch.
- High Recommended: Thug Life Death Row West Coast IPA
- Hop-py Note: Kids are allowed inside. Dog-friendly brewpub. Happy Hour every day from Monday to Friday.
Hours: Open Mon – Thur 11:30am – 10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am – 11:30pm, Sun 11:30am – 10pm.
Address: 545 E Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001
Contact: (805)643-0906 | Facebook | Instagram | Website