When looking for a fun destination to visit, Boulder Co should be at the top of your list. The city has much to offer than its fantastic mountain and forest adventure. Boulder Co is also an enchanting place for food joints, bars, restaurants, and top-notch breweries.
It is known that Boulder Co has the heart for brewing. Their beer-making history started way back in 1979 with Boulder Beer Company. After that, their path was followed by many great brewer moguls in this city. Now, sit back and relax as we discover the finest breweries you can find in Boulder, Colorado.
1. Avery Brewery Company
The one with an old hand at curating beers. Being one of Boulder Co’s pioneers in beer-making, their decades of experience crafting and serving high-quality brews has been their ticket to fame. Their Tap Room has year-round beers and rotating Tap Room Rarities with more than 30 beer taps. The vast space area is perfect for gatherings, with dining options that can be indoor or outdoor seating.
- Crowd Favorite: White Rascal. Authentic Belgian style wheat or “white” ale with 5.6% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Dog-friendly. An excellent place for a self-guided brewery tour.
Hours: Open Tue: 12pm – 8pm, Wed & Thur: 3pm – 9pm，Fri – Sun: 11:30 am – 9pm, Mon: Closed.
Address: 4910 Nautilus Ct N, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (303) 440-4324 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
2. Sanitas Brewing Company
Do not judge a book by its cover could suit to be their mantra. Sanitas’ outside appearance might seem like a tiny typical industrial Tap Room. But wait until you enter their premises, the space is enormous where they have long tables for groups and small ones for couples. Plus there is a separate room with tables and a private room with glass walls. Their Tap Room offers tacos and rotating hand-curated beers.
This place is also great for happy hours; they have many games to play along with beers. Such as bags or bocce ball and Yahtzee. But the fun doesn’t stop there; Sanitas also host events for their guests to enjoy. The recent ones are Pride Month Tap Room Specials, Full throttle Yoga, and Open Mic in the evening.
- Crowd Favorite: Black IPA. A citrus and piney aroma finishes with dark, bittersweet chocolate and roasted malt with 6.5% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: The place is near the train tracks, and for every train that passes by, a beer from their menu will have a discount.
- Fun Fact: Sanitas’ owl emblem was chosen because of how owls mysteriously appear on significant occasions. Some of it happened while choosing the location for the brewpub and experimenting with different beers.
Hours: Open Mon – Sat: 12pm – 10pm, Sun: 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 3550 Frontier Ave unit a, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (303) 442-4130 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
3. Twisted Pine Brewing Company
A highly sought-after brewery for its food and beer options. The Twisted Pine’s delicious Pizza and Nachos compliments their beers with over 20 taps. If an affordable beer flight appeals to you, this is the right place. Have 5 of your favorite beers, a great deal you can get for only $15.
Plus points for their commendable ways of implementing safety protocols in keeping their guests safe from COVID. Precautions are done by contactless menus, one-way entrance and exit, temperature checks, and social distancing.
- Crowd Favorite: Hoppy Boy. An American Pale Ale with 5.7% ABV.
- Hop-py note: Enjoy their outdoor seats under the shade.
Hours: Open Sun – Wed: 11am – 9pm, Thur – Sat: 11am – 10pm.
Address: 3201 Walnut St ste a, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (303) 786-9270 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
4. Upslope Brewery Boulder
A brewery that opened its door in 2008. Despite being a new breed, they quickly paved their way to the top by producing award-winning beers. We can’t deny that many have been fans of Upslope’s canned beers. But the ones that came fresh from their beer taps are real game-changers. People can’t get enough of them, so they added one more brewery branch for guests to visit.
- Crowd Favorite: Craft Lager. A premium American lager brewed entirely of malted barley with 4.8% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Their menus are downloadable by QR code scanning or by visiting their online website for a contactless transaction.
Hours: Open Mon – Sun: 11am – 10pm.
Address: 1898 S. Flatiron Court, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (303) 396-1898 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
5. Mountain Sun Pub and Brewery
One of the early breweries to rise in Boulder Co. Their beers have been known worldwide and won multiple awards. Familiar with the world’s largest beer festival? It is a Denver-based American Beer Festival wherein Mountain Sun Pub has won 6 gold medals. What makes them more impressive is their tourist-friendly servings. They offer samples of beers so guests can order what they prefer from the menu.
- Crowd Favorite: Mountain Sun FYIPA. An American IPA with 7.5% ABV
- Hop-py Note: This is a cash-only brewpub. In case you forgot your cash, there’s an ATM available.
Hours: Open Wed – Sat: 11am – 10pm, Sun: 11am – 11:30pm, Mon & Tue: Closed.
Address: 1535 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80302
Contact: (303) 546-0886 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
6. Vision Quest Brewery
A brewery that will not just fill your belly but also your vision. This unique microbrewery captivates guests with its cool alien decor theme. It is a funfilled experience to enjoy their homebrew beer in a room full of creative murals and free stickers.
Another thing to remember is that Vision Quest is a hidden gem. At first glance, this brewpub can be mistaken for a typical garage. The place is small, but its beer taps have a wide range of well-curated beers.
- Crowd Favorite: Coconut IPA. An American IPA with 5.5% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Pets are welcome but always keep them on a leash.
- Highly Recommended: Try to visit on Tuesday evening for their Open Mic Night and Thursday evening for their Comedy Night event.
Hours: Open Mon & Tue: 11am – 9am, Wed – Sat: 11am – 10pm, Sun: 11am – 9pm.
Address: 2510 47th St Suite A2, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (720) 446-9387 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
7. Wild Provisions Beer Project
Fancy Czech-style beers? Lucky you because Wild Provisions Beer Project specializes in Czech-style lagers like no other. Their quality beers that have won guests’ hearts are made using traditional equipment and methods.
What really makes this brewery stand out is its incredibly spacious area. Seatings are available indoors, lounge, bar, outdoor patio, and beer garden. Social distancing is done efficiently and is a great place to enjoy your beer amidst the pandemic.
- Crowd Favorite: Premium Pale Lager. A traditionally Czech-inspired lager with 4.4% ABV.
- Hop-py note: Pet Friendly. Menus are available through QR codes.
Hours: Open MON – Fri: 2pm – 9pm, Sat & Sun: 12pm – 9pm.
Address: 2209 Central Ave, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (303) 993-3598 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
8. Kettle & Spoke Brewery
Torn between spending time in nature and drinking beer? Worry no more because you will get both in Kettle & Spoke. A microbrewery that will provide you with a beautiful mountain view and a fantastic option of beers.
This brewery makes a great place to stop by for bike enthusiasts. This brewpub shares an area with a bike shop you can visit.
- Crowd Favorite: Tommy’s Nelson IPA with 6.8% ABV
- Hop-py Note: Outdoor seating option is available. One of the dog-friendly breweries in Boulder.
Hours: Open Wed – Thur: 4pm – 8pm, Fri: 2pm – 10pm, Sat: 1pm – 10pm, Sun: 1pm – 6pm, Mon & Tue: Closed.
Address: 2500 47th St #12, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (720) 505-4370 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
9. Stein Brewing Co
Are you into ‘out with the old and in with the new’? If so, this modern nano-brewery is for you. This place may be small, but it is compact with what you need in a brewery, such as self-guided tours, social events, games, and beers. Their excellence in brewing has taken inspiration from Germany’s traditional brewing.
- Crowd Favorite: Lisa Red IPA. A Red India Pale Ale with Citra Hops and German Red Malt has a malty, yet delicate mango flavor with 7% ABV.
- Highly Recommended: Ready your dart-throwing skills, which might come in handy for their dart boards.
Hours: Open Thur & Fri: 5pm – 9pm, Sat: 2pm – 9pm, Sun – Wed: Closed.
Address: 2516 49th Street, # 5, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (720)-739-2739 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
10. Uhl’s Brewery
The newest and least-known on our list. Uhl’s Brewery had an admirable move to start their business roughly the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite that, this newborn brewery has risen to the occasion and made a strong image in the brewing industry. People who tried Uhl’s Beers had developed a habit of coming back to them. Aside from that, tourists and locals are continually eyeing to visit and take a sip on this newest brewery in town.
- Crowd Favorite: Hop Down. An IPA with a tropical and citrusy aroma with 6.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Food trucks are available on schedule.
Hours: Open Wed & Thur: 3pm – 8pm, Fri: 2pm – 9pm, Sat: 12pm – 9pm, Sun: 12pm – 7pm, Mon & Tue: Closed.
Address: 5460 Conestoga Ct, Boulder, CO 80301
Contact: (720) 542-3870 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
11. The Post Chicken & Beer
Would you like to pair your beer with delectable juicy chicken? The Post Chicken & Beer brewery offers precisely that. You would not be disappointed in their beer flight servings and tasters. While they specialize in Chicken dishes, there’s also a long list of other meals to choose from. This brewery is a rare find regarding its gluten-free salads, sides, starters, and entrees.
- Crowd Favorite: Townie. An American Pale ALe with 6.2% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Seating options are indoor and outdoor tables, bar area, and high tops.
- Fun Fact: The original Post Brewing Company was located at 1771’s foreign war post. In honor of the history of the structure, the brewery chose the name “The Post.”
Hours: Open Mon – Thur: 11:30am – 9pm, Fri: 11:30am – 10pm, Sat: 10am – 10pm, Sun: 10am – 9pm.
Address: 2027 13th St, Boulder, CO 80302
Contact: (720)-372-3341 | Facebook | Instagram | Website
12. The West End Tavern
A brewery on Pearl Street Boulder that gained a good impression not only from locals but also the tourists. If you crave a rooftop view while sipping on beers, The West End Tavern will surely satisfy you. Other dining options are open indoors or outdoors under the shade of a tent.
Their special BBQ, beer, and Bourbon whiskey offer a fun triple treat. Along with this are several tasty food menus that include rib sandwiches, salad, fries, and crispy chicken wings.
- Crowd Favorite: West End Beaver Bru. A Scottish Ale with 8.1% ABV.
- Hop-py Note: Vegetarian-friendly. Their veggie burger with chickpea-based patty is a must-try.
- Fun Fact: The West End Tavern building was originally Boulder, Colorado’s police station.
Hours: Open Mon – Wed 11:30am – 9pm, Thur – Sat 11:30am – 10pm, Sun 11:30am – 9pm.
Address: 926 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80302
Contact: (303)-444-3535 | Facebook | Instagram | Website